It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board

Help please anyone else have this dsdna result 887

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2017, 03:01 PM   #1
momof4
(female)

momof4 HB User
Unhappy Help please anyone else have this dsdna result 887

Hi I posted this the other day but I didn't post it on the right board and I have no idea where the post ended up but I didn't get any responses. Is there anyone that can help me with this please. Here is my post Hello. I do have another apt with my rheumatologist this coming Wednesday but I cant wait and am driving myself NUTS trying to find answers online. I am hoping someone can help me with this. I have tested positive for ANA and just had a test done for the Double Stranded DNA which I just found out that my results were 887! I was told up to 30 was ok but 887 is WAY over that and now I am freaking out. Dr. ordered follow up labs, urine, etc checking for protein in my urine I believe which I believe came out ok. Symptoms: extreme fatigue, no tolerance to sun or heat, cant think "normal" (brain fog), hypothyroidism, graves disease, fibro, hard to walk or sit for awhile and do anything at times but lay in bed. I am sure more symptoms that I have just become used to for lack of a better way of putting it. Anyone have any ideas? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you a bunch.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2017, 05:46 PM   #2
ladybud
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Help please anyone else have this dsdna result 887

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4 View Post
Hi I posted this the other day but I didn't post it on the right board and I have no idea where the post ended up but I didn't get any responses. Is there anyone that can help me with this please. Here is my post Hello. I do have another apt with my rheumatologist this coming Wednesday but I cant wait and am driving myself NUTS trying to find answers online. I am hoping someone can help me with this. I have tested positive for ANA and just had a test done for the Double Stranded DNA which I just found out that my results were 887! I was told up to 30 was ok but 887 is WAY over that and now I am freaking out. Dr. ordered follow up labs, urine, etc checking for protein in my urine I believe which I believe came out ok. Symptoms: extreme fatigue, no tolerance to sun or heat, cant think "normal" (brain fog), hypothyroidism, graves disease, fibro, hard to walk or sit for awhile and do anything at times but lay in bed. I am sure more symptoms that I have just become used to for lack of a better way of putting it. Anyone have any ideas? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you a bunch.
Obviously no one can diagnose this but your Dr, butdsDNA

Old 07-14-2017, 05:57 PM   #3
ladybud
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Help please anyone else have this dsdna result 887

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybud View Post
Obviously no one can diagnose this but your Dr, butdsDNA
Whoops my response posted before I was done. Anyway, antibodies to dsDNA are specific to lupus and levels this high would predict kidney involvement at some point. If no kidney involvement is present now, that's great, because it can be monitored carefully and treated right away if it develops. Early treatment makes a big difference in the long run. In the meantime you can be treated, which should help your fatigue and other symptoms. You should avoid sun exposure which can worsen symptoms and the heat intolerance may remain in spite of treatment. I would follow up with your Dr and do all you can to take good care of yourself to keep your symptoms under control and prevent additional problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
momof4 (07-15-2017)
Reply Reply