It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board

Lupus??? Anxiety 18yr

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-16-2017, 05:27 PM   #1
Zekiafennell
(female)

Zekiafennell HB User
Lupus??? Anxiety 18yr

Hi Im 18 and have been having weird joint pains like first it started with my feet, then ankles, legs and arms hands etc. I just went to the doctor and had healthy blood work, only thing she told me was that I was extremely dehydrated. I haven't had any fatigue, or rashes hair loss or anything else! I'm really scared I could be lupus. Like right now my left hand was hurting and now my whole arm is hurting it's weird. My family told me it could be arthritis but I never knew arthritis to affect all parts of body at the same time. I've also been having tingling and pin and needles in arms as well. I told my doctor and they checked my blood and said everything is normal.... could is be dehydration, my anxiety? Or what?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2017, 07:18 PM   #2
ladybud
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Lupus??? Anxiety 18yr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekiafennell View Post
Hi Im 18 and have been having weird joint pains like first it started with my feet, then ankles, legs and arms hands etc. I just went to the doctor and had healthy blood work, only thing she told me was that I was extremely dehydrated. I haven't had any fatigue, or rashes hair loss or anything else! I'm really scared I could be lupus. Like right now my left hand was hurting and now my whole arm is hurting it's weird. My family told me it could be arthritis but I never knew arthritis to affect all parts of body at the same time. I've also been having tingling and pin and needles in arms as well. I told my doctor and they checked my blood and said everything is normal.... could is be dehydration, my anxiety? Or what?
I am curious about why you are worried about lupus. Do you have a family history of it? There are specific tests done on the blood for lupus. Do you know what tests your Dr did and if they included the tests for lupus? Perhaps you just had the usual blood count and chemistry panel. I would look into that. Dehydration does not normally cause joint pain. Nor does anxiety. If it continues I would ask Dr to run tests specifically for arthritis, including lupus, to put your mind at ease.

Old 09-16-2017, 08:32 PM   #3
Zekiafennell
(female)

Zekiafennell HB User
Re: Lupus??? Anxiety 18yr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybud View Post
I am curious about why you are worried about lupus. Do you have a family history of it? There are specific tests done on the blood for lupus. Do you know what tests your Dr did and if they included the tests for lupus? Perhaps you just had the usual blood count and chemistry panel. I would look into that. Dehydration does not normally cause joint pain. Nor does anxiety. If it continues I would ask Dr to run tests specifically for arthritis, including lupus, to put your mind at ease.
Well i am bit of a hypochondriac and they checked if my vitamins were low and etc and they checked my white blood cells count and I had absolutely no family history of it. And google told me joint pain is a symptom

Last edited by Zekiafennell; 09-16-2017 at 08:33 PM.

Reply Reply