It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board

Ana test

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2018, 07:15 PM   #1
Lsmason56
(female)

Lsmason56 HB User
Ana test

I recently had an ANA test. The results were positive 1:640 speckled and 1:640 homogeneous. I have looked over the Lupus symptoms. I can't say I have 4 of them. I have read some of the other autoimmune things. I can't find a for sure connection. The doctor who did the test is a gastroenterologist. I have been having digestive problems. On a Cat scan it showed diveticuli and intestine wall thickening. I have had as higher ANA in the past. Had that for a while and never was able to find out why. It then went lower for a while. I was told that maybe the high ANA before was because I have pernicious anemia. But it seems to me if PA caused a high ANA why it wouldn't stay high instead of going down. And looking at all the autoimmune diseases connected to a high ANA nothing ever says PA can cause a high ANA. The other other odd things I have are a little bit high ANA Iga. I had to see a hemotolgist to have my bones looked at and other things because the IGA can be multiple myeloma. But that didn't show. I go every 6 months for blood work. None of my doctors seem to know what to make of the high ANA. On the previous time of it being high it was 1:1280 I had all kinds of tests and none came back positive. I am not sure what to do. I assume the doctor will run me through all those tests again. I have a lot of weird physical problems. But none that fall into the autoimmune thing. Like I have balance problem and inner ear disease. The only thing on the Lupus list I have is sensitivity to light. When I get outside in the light it mess up my vision and I wear very dark sun glasses. I am 62 and this has been going on a long time. I would really like to know why they can't figure this out. Anyones thoughts are welcome.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply