It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board

• My PCP thinks I may have Lupus

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-17-2019, 01:54 PM   #1
    Worried2019
    (female)

Worried2019 HB User
    My PCP thinks I may have Lupus

Good afternoon,

I have been extremely fatigued, sore all over a lot, headaches every day, small red raised spots on arms, legs stomach. I feel like I have a low fever sometimes. Labs showed ANA positive 1:160 speckled. She is sending me to a Rheumatologist but my appt is not until April. I am worried about what they are going to tell me. There are days every joint in my body hurts and feel like I could sleep for days.

Just wanting to get involved with a group to see if they think it could be Lupus or if they have felt like I have.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2019, 05:28 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: My PCP thinks I may have Lupus

It could be lupus, or it could be one of a million other things. Until the Rheumy checks you out, its all a guessing game.

I have MS, Lupus's cousin. I clearly remember the day they told me I had MS and how I felt my life was over...it was October and I thought I would be in a wheelchair by Christmas.

Fast forward 16 years. I am still healthy, independent and have obtained 2 post graduate degrees, raised 3 kids and even gotten one married off! I am actually healthier than EVER before because I now take better care of myself.

Try not to worry as stress exacerbates all symptoms. Whatever it is, you cannot change..but once you know you can learn how to deal with it. My father used to tell me worrying about something before it happens means you are going through it twice...once because you are scared, and if it comes true, again when you know. DO NOT WORRY about things you cannot control until you have something to worry about. Then, get educated and learn how to control your disease/ illness. A disease does not define us nor does it control us.

Ill be thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts. Let us know what happens.

The Following User Says Thank You to MSNik For This Useful Post:
    Worried2019 (12-18-2019)
    Old 12-17-2019, 08:15 PM   #3
    Worried2019
    (female)

Worried2019 HB User

Thank you so much. Just nervous and am ready to find out what's wrong.

Old 12-18-2019, 10:59 AM   #4
    antiphos
    (male)

antiphos HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Worried2019 View Post
    Good afternoon,

I have been extremely fatigued, sore all over a lot, headaches every day, small red raised spots on arms, legs stomach. I feel like I have a low fever sometimes. Labs showed ANA positive 1:160 speckled. She is sending me to a Rheumatologist but my appt is not until April. I am worried about what they are going to tell me. There are days every joint in my body hurts and feel like I could sleep for days.

Just wanting to get involved with a group to see if they think it could be Lupus or if they have felt like I have.

Thanks
    Do you take any vitamin D? I was diagnosed with lupus in 2005 after losing my adrenals and thyroid to immune attack. Strangely, about 3 years ago my adrenals started to function again. The lupus was causing daily pleurisy attacks which were quite painful and made me suspend breathing a bit to lessen the pain. Then I discovered high dose vitamin D. I experimented with dosage and at 10,000 IU a day, the attacks came infrequently and the severity was reduced. Finally at 15,000 IU a day, the attacks have more or less ceased.

Old 12-18-2019, 11:37 AM   #5
    Worried2019
    (female)

Worried2019 HB User

Yes, I was low on Vitamin D so they have me taking 1 dose a week to help get it to the correct level.

Thank you

Old 12-26-2019, 06:31 PM   #6
    rudy73
    (female)

rudy73 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Worried2019 View Post
    Good afternoon,

Thanks

Not lupus alone give those symptoms...even if Ana + doesn't mean u have lupus...my friend had similar symptoms also +Ana but no lupus...they found sjogrens

Reply Reply