It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board

• Hey Dana!! Rheumy says no to Lupus!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-17-2003, 03:11 PM   #1
    DebbieZ
    (female)

DebbieZ HB User
    Hey Dana!! Rheumy says no to Lupus!!

Hi,

Just want to let you know the Rheumy blew off the Lupus dx because the ANA was too low and insignificant as was the CRP and ESR. Sent me for more blood work since he thinks the lab made a mistake on previous results.

So frustrating. YIKES. Let you knoww what the new results will be.

Love,

Debbie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2003, 08:51 PM   #2
    AngelicBrat
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

AngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB User
    Re: Hey Dana!! Rheumy says no to Lupus!!

Hi Debbie,

BLAH just blow him off, sometimes it can take a LONG time to find a good Rheumy!! He obviously is a moron, don't you worry. The way I look at it is that he obviously isn't good with Lupus patients, so you DONT want him treating you because he may do it wrong! So don't fret, you can have as MANY consultations as you need to get diagnosed Debbie. That is your right as a patient! We will find you one!!

~Luv, Dana XO

Old 12-18-2003, 03:09 PM   #3
    DebbieZ
    (female)

DebbieZ HB User

Thanks Dana,

I won't let him get my down. I knoww my own Doctor believes in me and will keep plugging along. What's funny is the Rheumy called me last night around 7:30 to ask me some questions. He was reviewing my chart from my regular Doc. At least he is investigating. I had about 10 vials of blood drawn yesterday for more tests. I will post results when I get them.

If we don't talk sooner have a wonderful Xmas.

Love,

Debbie

Old 12-18-2003, 03:17 PM   #4
    AngelicBrat
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

AngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB User

Hey Debbie,

I bet he is doing the famous "backpedal". Maybe after reviewing all of your chart information he might be realizing that the was dead wrong about you. One can hope! Well, I will be interested to hear his conclusions! Sheesh. At least he had the balls to call you and ask you questions. What did he ask? I am interested so that I can see if I have any idea what he is doing. lol You take care and keep in touch! I am sure we will chat more before Christmas, but its hard to believe its only a week away!!! Yikes!!

~Love, Dana XO

Old 12-18-2003, 03:35 PM   #5
    DebbieZ
    (female)

DebbieZ HB User

Hi Dana,

He asked is this current flair started after I was put on statins (Crestor). I said no. Then he said that statins could be the cause of the positive ANA which was positive after I was on statins. I read about drug-induced Lupus but statins weren't on the list. Maybe it is now. Do you know? I went off the statin Monday to see if it was causing my constant nausea. So far not yet.

Talk soon,

Debbie

Old 12-18-2003, 09:47 PM   #6
    AngelicBrat
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi Debbie!

I haven't heard that Crestor can cause drug induced Lupus either. Well, I have read that SOME lipid lowering drugs (ex/ Mevacor, Pravachol, Lopid) can cause ANA to be false positive, but not Crestor. I will look into these other ones and make sure that they aren't a trade name for Crestor to be sure. If you had the symptoms before starting on it- then chances are that it is not to blame. Lots of these doctors like to find something to "blame".

I had a Rhematologist tell me that my swollen joints in my feet were because I needed orthopedic inserts for my shoes!!! I was so blown away. Also, I was told that my diabetes wasn't real, basically that I am faking it! Lord only knows how you can fake that.. geez!! Well I will do more research, but that is what I found for now! Take care

Luv, Dana

Closed Thread