It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board

• scared got a high positive ANA

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-24-2004, 06:19 PM   #1
    AmyTx
    (female)

AmyTx HB User
    scared got a high positive ANA

My ANA came back positive for Lupus and it was 1:640 is this high?? im scared...

Amy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2004, 03:47 AM   #2
    AmyTx
    (female)

AmyTx HB User
    Re: scared got a high positive ANA

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AmyTx
    My ANA came back positive for Lupus and it was 1:640 is this high?? im scared...

Amy
    Someone told me that if my cardiolippins(sp?) arent high positive then i dont have lupus is this true?

Guess I should add what my symptoms are...

Pleurisy
    Photosensitivity- I have always gotten rashes in the sun ALWAYS!!!
    Fingers turn white when cold and I can be hot but my hands and feet are always cold so they turn white and sometimes blue..
    Mouth or Nose Ulcers

I currently have Pleurisy or pericarditis it hasn't been confirmed which yet but it hurts to take a deep breath..
    My white blood cells count is extremely low
    and my Ana tested positive

my doc diagnosed me with Lupus just curious if 1:640 is high or does this mean it's severe? I will get copies of my lab work today and take a look at it..

Old 03-25-2004, 08:33 AM   #3
    lovemythreeguys2002
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lovemythreeguys2002 HB User

my doc diagnosed me with Lupus just curious if 1:640 is high or does this mean it's severe?>>>

I have heard that this doesn't always mean it's severe. (((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) to you.

Old 03-25-2004, 08:40 AM   #4
    Donte
    (female)

Donte HB User

I don't think that the titer of the ana means that it's severe, but I do think the fact that you have pleurisy and pericarditis means that it is severe. You say it hasn't been confirmed; have you seen a doctor about the pain when you take a deep breath? Have they done any chest x-rays? Donna

The Following User Says Thank You to Donte For This Useful Post:
    triplea2972 (01-31-2012)
    Old 03-25-2004, 09:12 AM   #5
    AmyTx
    (female)

AmyTx HB User

yes, chest x-rays were clear... and he knows about my chest pain.. i have to have a anti-cardiolipin test done tomorrow..

Old 03-25-2004, 09:26 AM   #6
    seatx
    Inactive

seatx HB User

Amy,

Are you in TX, if so where?

Old 03-25-2004, 10:40 AM   #7
    Donte
    (female)

Donte HB User

I have difficulty breathing a lot; like I can't get enough breath. It feels like something heavy laying on my chest. My x-rays always come out clear and I've tested negative for the anti-cardiolipid.

Old 03-25-2004, 11:12 AM   #8
    AmyTx
    (female)

AmyTx HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Donte
    I have difficulty breathing a lot; like I can't get enough breath. It feels like something heavy laying on my chest. My x-rays always come out clear and I've tested negative for the anti-cardiolipid.
    The DFW area...

Old 03-26-2004, 11:06 AM   #9
    seatx
    Inactive

seatx HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AmyTx
    The DFW area...
    Amy,

I'm in Richardson. The 2 rheumy's I've seen are in Dallas. Are you on the D side of the metroplex or the FW.

It sounds to me as though you have at least 4 criteria for Lupus (probably why you've been diagnosed) Your white/blue hands/feet sound like Raynaud's Phenomenon.

A negative Titer is 1:40 or less, but it goes up like this:
    etc.

My first ANA was positive with a titer of 1:1280. Second test about a month later was positive with a titer of 1:640. Fatigue, joint pain, wierd rashes/nodules. I have yet to be diagnosed.

I think it is more inportant that your anticardiolipids were positive rather than how high they are.

Are you seeing a rheumatologist? If so, may I ask whom? (I may want a 3rd opinion)

Old 03-26-2004, 04:31 PM   #10
    AmyTx
    (female)

AmyTx HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by seatx
    Amy,

I'm in Richardson. The 2 rheumy's I've seen are in Dallas. Are you on the D side of the metroplex or the FW.

It sounds to me as though you have at least 4 criteria for Lupus (probably why you've been diagnosed) Your white/blue hands/feet sound like Raynaud's Phenomenon.

A negative Titer is 1:40 or less, but it goes up like this:
    etc.

My first ANA was positive with a titer of 1:1280. Second test about a month later was positive with a titer of 1:640. Fatigue, joint pain, wierd rashes/nodules. I have yet to be diagnosed.

I think it is more inportant that your anticardiolipids were positive rather than how high they are.

Are you seeing a rheumatologist? If so, may I ask whom? (I may want a 3rd opinion)
    Actually im awaiting my Anti-cerdiolipins results as we speak and he is my internal medicine doctor.. but he is very thorough.. im more on the FW side im in the mid-cities area.. his name is Dr. richard sound like (rishard) not richard... my Mother in law told me about a hospital in Temple called Scott and white hospital that they diagnose the hard cases to figure out... someone also told me that when you test + on your ana and test high + on anti-cardiolipin test that is in indeed lupus.. your thoughts or anyone else?? just curious

Closed Thread