It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board

• Chest pain?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-16-2004, 11:34 AM   #1
    lovemythreeguys2002
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lovemythreeguys2002 HB User
    Chest pain?

When all my aches and pains started, I also started having chest pain. I have worn a 24 hour holter monitor and my heart is fine. My Internist felt it was costochondritis.

Well, in the last few months it's happening more and more, like 1 or 2 days a week. It does not hurt when I breathe, so I don't think it's pleurisy. It feels muscular like someone hit me. Sometimes it's below my breasts and it hurts to wear a bra, but most of the time, it's right between my breasts. It's not a terrible pain, but enough to annoy me.

Anyone else have chest pain and what does it feel like? Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2004, 03:25 PM   #2
    seatx
    Inactive

seatx HB User
    Re: Chest pain?

Dear LMTG,

I too have chest pain. Nuclear stress test looked fine. Doc said heart was great. My pain is mostly on the far left side right between my arm pit and left breast. Sometimes is hurts, sometimes it doesn't. Mostly I ignore it. It can hurt now in in 15 minutes not hurt at all. It doesn't feel like the crushing elephant on your chest. More like someone poked me pretty hard with their finger, or other pointy object.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-16-2004, 04:17 PM   #3
    lovemythreeguys2002
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

My pain is mostly on the far left side right between my arm pit and left breast. >>>

Does it feel more like breast pain? I get that too, before my period, on the outer sides of the breast. What is the stress test you had done, I wonder if I need that or if the holter monitor was enough? I swear, this all drives me NUTS

Old 04-17-2004, 05:16 AM   #4
    seatx
    Inactive

seatx HB User

I'm not sure if it is breast pain or not. It feels pretty deep. The nuclear stress test was ordered by my cardiologist.

As best I can remember, basically you take a dose of nuclear medicine (I think it is a dye like substance that gets into your blood stream) and then after a period of time (a few hours for most people) they scan your body and in looking at the dye they can see your veins and arteries. Then they hook you up to electronic leads and put you on a treadmill. They gradually increase the incline and the speed of the treadmill until your heart rate gets within the targeted range (I think this varies some from person to person). They of course take readings throughout the test. After a cool down period they then scan you again and compare the first scan to the second. Takes about half a day for the whole thing.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-17-2004, 05:25 AM   #5
    nbolote

nbolote HB User

I have the same pain, but i am a 24 yr old man.I am very slim and they took cholestrol test which is okay.The pain is right in my heart, or the heart area, and it becomes worse when i run or become active.Also my heart beats much more furiously, so much i can tell its over worked when ever i try to be active.eg.run for the bus, or have sex. When it started I would get paltipations with it,but these days its just the pain.The Dr seems lax about it, he made an appointment for me next month,and I am scared I could die in the mean time.

Old 04-17-2004, 10:31 AM   #6
    lovemythreeguys2002
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Also my heart beats much more furiously,>>>

Hi..have you been tested for hyperthyroidism? Very common symptom.

Old 04-21-2004, 10:39 AM   #7
    kymie

kymie HB User
    Angry Re: Chest pain?

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue][B][I] Hi, I've had chest pain since 1991 right after gallbladder surgery. It is really bad just what a heart attack sounds like. Major pain in the center of the chest down my left arm, hard to breath, talk or even move. I take Isorbide for the pain, some how it makes it go away, but the whole thing is very scary. Sometimes I wonder if the doctors know what they are talking about. I think something happened to me after gallbladder surgery. I have them most days since the day it was removed. Oh well I guess there's just some things they can't answer. Kymie

Old 04-21-2004, 09:59 PM   #8
    Montui
    (female)

Montui HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lovemythreeguys2002
    When all my aches and pains started, I also started having chest pain. I have worn a 24 hour holter monitor and my heart is fine. My Internist felt it was costochondritis.

Anyone else have chest pain and what does it feel like? Thanks
    Yes I have chest pain too. It comes and goes just like all the other pains in my body, so I think it is just the inflammation caused by UCTD.

Old 04-22-2004, 07:03 AM   #9
    mere

mere HB User

Yep, I get the same thing. My doctor says its costochondritis. I have UCTD and fibromyalgia.

Mere --

Old 04-22-2004, 10:05 AM   #10
    carky56

carky56 HB User

Hi, the pain you are having could very well be costochondritis(SPELLING). If you have a dx of Lupus. This very common, as well as pleurisy for a lupie. Steriods usually help.

Carky56

Old 04-26-2004, 11:02 AM   #11
    Blessed4Life
    Veteran
    (female)

Blessed4Life HB User

I have not been diagnosed with Lupus but a "Lupus-like" condition. One of my many symptoms is this pain on the left side just wear my bra hits my ribs. The intensity of the pain varies from being dull to bad enough that I push against it (for some reason that helps). The pain strikes without warning and goes away the same way. I have no idea why and neither does my doc. If you find out something, please let me know. Thanks!

Old 04-26-2004, 11:40 AM   #12
    kymie

kymie HB User

I have esophageal spasms. These pains are intense. So bad sometimes I feel faint. I've had them since the dx of lupus (1991). I wish they would go away. I have them almost everyday. Kymie

Closed Thread