It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board

• anti-smith results

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-13-2006, 04:06 PM   #1
    Craftylady
    (female)

Craftylady HB User
    anti-smith results

Has anyone ever had their anti-sm and/or anti-ro test results be positive one time and negative another?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2006, 05:27 AM   #2
    VeeJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
    Re: anti-smith results

Crafty, I was too stupid to get copies of test results over the 8+ years of bloodwork & skin biopsies leading up to Dx = the SCLE "subset". My anti-Ro did go down after the few months of Plaquenil.

I think the anti-Sm and anti-Ro are probably titer tests? Are yours expressed as ratios? If they are titers, one "dilution" can therefore be the dividing line between positive and negative. Maybe someone who had the foresight to get all their test results can share something more useful (sorry!)

Do you have a Dx yet? Treatment?

Best wishes to you! Bye for now, from Vee

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Have anti-depressants helped anyone? marshwiggle Fibromyalgia 49 10-01-2010 04:33 AM
    Positive ANA, inconclusive anti-ds-dna....please help teresacar Lupus 15 08-17-2008 09:45 AM
    Do Anti Depressants work for Anxiety ? cvoor Anxiety 6 03-07-2008 03:42 PM
    xanax vs. lexapro (benzo vs. anti-depressant) zeyavia Mental Health 27 07-30-2007 01:43 PM
    Anti-Depressants and Weight Gain - Need Your Help Stigma Depression 7 03-06-2007 02:01 PM
    Do anti-depressants actually work? Kari7171 Depression 1 08-12-2005 07:32 PM
    Manic Depression and Anti-Depressants - some experiences and some questions Liberian12 Bipolar Disorder 18 04-26-2005 06:43 PM
    anti-aging creams suck! sarah_c Beauty & Cosmetics 10 04-25-2004 05:08 PM
    Hey Sickman. What anti-seizure medicine Worrywart Anxiety 1 12-29-2003 09:12 PM