It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board

• Fevers

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-05-2006, 07:35 AM   #1
    rudysmom

rudysmom HB User
    Fevers

HELP!? i have been in a lupus flare up since august after my doctor pulled me off plaqunel after telling him i want to get pregnant.. being pulled off of it totally messed me up.. i was put on prednisone and put back on the plaquinel.. i have not been doing well since... i run fevers every single day ranging from 99.5-101.5... i should not be running fevers through 60mg of prednisone.. the doctor has no explanations for the fevers.. no infections etc.. my lupus bloodwork is leveling out oh yeah and I was just started in Imuran about a week ago.. but everday i run a fever and over the last couple of weeks they have seemed to get worse and last night i just had one run its course for 8 hours.. tylonel, advil.. don't really work...

does anyone out there run fevers during their flareups like this while on prednisone etc??? these fevers are KILLING me... and of course being a prednisone for a while doesn't help with all those side effects... just looking for some advice/possible ideas as to what these fevers are from since the "DOCTOR" doesn't have answers.. i was actually considering going to an infectious disease doctor since they would possible run different types of bloodwork for me...

any help would be wonderful!!

thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2006, 11:51 AM   #2
    squiggled
    (female)

squiggled HB User
    Re: Fevers

I have been in the same situation. My Dr has no idea either. I have to carry around a thermometer and record me temp all the time. they still cant find a medication or trigger for my fever. Not much help I know, but you arent alone.

Old 12-05-2006, 03:07 PM   #3
    realisticchic
    (female)

realisticchic HB User

I have been on prednisone ( up to 40 mg. all the way down to 5 mg.) evry day since the day I was diagnosed Mar. 06, I am also on 400 mg. day of Plaquenil, once in the morning, once at night. I still run fevers when I flare. You are right, tylenol doesn't do anything to make the fever go away. I personally feel the fatigue is a lot worse when the fever is present.

Old 12-05-2006, 05:15 PM   #4
    enigma3
    (female)

enigma3 HB User

Hi Rudysmom,

The fevers most likely are from the Lupus being active.

I know it is an uncomfortable feeling.. I still experience the fevers off and on myself.

I also notice that it starts up when I am feeling more anxious or stressed than usual.

I guess my only advice to give is to try to find ways to relax your body as often as you can.. it may help somewhat.

Hope this helps..

Old 12-06-2006, 07:35 PM   #5
    MichelleAnn
    (female)

MichelleAnn HB User

I am still running fevers also and I am on Plaquenil and Prednisone...I found the night sweats not as severe...but the daily fevers or most days in the afternoons...the only thing I feel the meds helped was the stiffness and 50% of the lupus migraines....I hope you feel better soon...seems many of us know what the fevers do......they make one more miserable and achey, fatigued, etc.

Closed Thread