It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board

• Lupus, low GFR, help please.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-20-2009, 02:33 PM   #1
    Thubbard
    (female)

Thubbard HB User
    Unhappy Lupus, low GFR, help please.

So about 2 years ago I was tentively dx'd with Lupus. I haven't had any flares for about a year now. Recently, I had the stomach flu and had some blood work done. My GFR came back at 51 and my labs say that is Stage 3 Kidney Disease. I know that Lupus can effect the kidneys, and now I am scared. I have had lower back pain for about 2 months now and it seems to be getting progressively worse.

I got these labs done at the walk-in and I got the letter in the mail with no call from the Dr. I called her office and just got a call back from her nurse saying (if you are still having diarrhea to come back for more labs to see if I still have a stomach bug) I am extremely confused as I called regarding my low GFR. I haven't seen my rheum since I switched insurances (need referrel now) and my primary apparently isn't taken this seriously, as she is ordering no follow-up labs / ultra sound or anything . Can someone please let me know if you think I should be pursuing this further? Thank you in advance, any advice is much appriciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2009, 11:23 AM   #2
    Angel MJ
    (female)

Angel MJ HB User
    Hi Thubbard welcome to the message board.
    sorry you are in this patch right now.
    not sure how you are tentatively dx and then future labwork is *ignored*

i would make an appt. with your primary and discuss this with him and ask him to explain the blood results and ask when the *red flag* goes up, also get a referal, if not now then for going forward.

rather go to a rheumy and let it be *an infection* and it clears up than ignore the back pain and not go and then the damage is more severe ... i tend to err on the side of caution, especially when it comes to organ involvement ... if you are not comfortable with your dx then go for a second opinion! sometimes we need to push for answers or even change doctors!

Good luck ***hugs*** and keep us posted!

Closed Thread