It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board

• I don't know what this is, Please Help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-14-2009, 02:10 PM   #16
    Angel MJ
    (female)

Angel MJ HB User
    Re: I don't know what this is, Please Help

Quote:
    Originally Posted by VodoSiosk View Post
    Well I am severely allergic to sulfa drugs. What foods is it in?
    lupus people tend to be allergic to sulfur ... tends to bring on flares in some

... in protein foods-meats, fish, poultry, eggs, milk, and legumes are all good sources. Egg yolks are one of the better sources of sulfur. Other foods that contain this somewhat smelly mineral are onions, garlic, cabbage, brussels sprouts, and turnips. Nuts have some, as do kale, lettuce, kelp and other seaweed, and raspberries. ... there is much confusion regarding allergy to sulfa-containing drugs, sulfite as a preservative agent in foods and medications ... (copied from the internet ... so please discuss with a medical physician)

Alfalfa sprouts ... quite a bit it seems. remember we are all individual and it should always be monitored by medical professionals and oneself

so interesting!

i am dealing with allergies as well so feel like i need someone to teach me how and what to eat ... i do not avoid all foods as above but if i feel symptomatic after eating i try it at different times with different foods and if i get the same *reaction* i tend to rather avoid it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2009, 03:21 PM   #17
    VodoSiosk
    (female)

VodoSiosk HB User
    Re: I don't know what this is, Please Help

Wow, alfalfa, that is interesting. Someone told me to take alfalfa supplements because I was anemic about a year ago and that stuff made me so sick. Maybe that is why, the sulfur content.

Last edited by VodoSiosk; 08-14-2009 at 03:22 PM.

Closed Thread