It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board

• I just want answers. Defeated.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-24-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
    somebody84
    (female)

somebody84 HB User
    I just want answers. Defeated.

Hi everybody. I'm new to this board, but I have been reading it for awhile. I'm sorry if this is long, but if you read it all then thank you. I have a lot of symptoms I have been experiencing over the past years (most of them over the past 2 years) including: fatigue, joint pain, muscle pain, leg cramps, headaches, stomach pain, raynaurds, gall bladder removal, bruising, fruit allergies, numb tingly face from sweets, lots of left knee pain, shortness of breath that comes and goes, nauesa that comes and goes, forgetfulness (increased) some dizziness, right branch bundle block, heart mummor (probably born with it), lots of neck pain that's increasing and I'm sure I'm forgetting some other stuff.

I'm just trying to find out what's going on with my body and the battle has been tough. Sometimes I feel like I'm going in circle or like it's all in my head. The fatigued is my biggest symptom. I've had it for years, and it goes back to high school. I was even tested for anemia back then and from what I was told it came back fine .My first prengancy ended in a miscarriage and with my 2nd prengnacy they thought I might've developed gestational diabetes after the glucose test but they are not sure. I had a complicated labor and delivery and ended up needing an unplanned c-section and blood transfusion with 4 units of blood. I was in the hospital for a week and I had high fevers. My daughter, whom is fine and healthy, had to stay for a week as well to be monitored due to my fever. After delivery I began having pains in my right side near my ribs. My OBGYN said it was nothing to worry about. My fatigue began increasing and I ended up in the ER a few times for intense leg cramps. I was told it was due to low potassium (which I still have) and myalgia. Before I got pregnant with my 2nd child I had a postive pregnancy test but ended up starting my period. My next pregnancy was rather easy and I was blessed with a VBAC birth. That was 3 years ago and that's when my symptoms began to increase dramatically. I began experiencing a lot of stress and in turn began having joint pain, a facial rash (over time it became more noticable) when I would "sunburn" or be outside too long, or even felt stress it would be red over my cheeks and nose.

Being out in the sun made me sleepy and feel run down. I saw my doctor for the fatigued and he wanted to rule out anemia, diabetes, thyroid problems and heart condtions. My heart turned out fine, except for the right bundle branch block and the mummur but the caridio doctor told me it was nothing to worry about. The other tests came back normal except that it showed that I had been exposted/or had the esptien barr virus/mono. During this year my fingers and toes started turning a blue/purple color, while my hands and feet (skin) would change from a blueish color/red/white. I ended up going to the doctor to have another visit concerning my fatigue, the raynaurds and some stomach pain. I ended up getting my gallbladder removed due to low functioning level and it not working right. My DR. diagnoised me with raynaurds and mentioned that I could have CFS. (Was never diagnoised with CFS though). He also wnated to test me for Lupus since it runs in my family (2 cousins have it and my aunt is a carrier) along with other auto immune problems that run in my family.

The tests came back normal and I was referred to a rhuemy. Right off the bat the rhuemy told me she didn't think it was anything serious. She dismissed my facial rash even though it wasn't showing. She said she didn't think it was a lupus rash or anything. She said she would run some tests anyways and that some things wouldn't show postive in the early stages. She diagnoised me with Fibromyalgia, Raynaurds, Myotitis(spelling) and Myalgia the first appt.

They drew some blood but I had to come back to be re-drawn (I forget why) I was told the results wre fine, the ana didn't say what rang it or tieter it was it just said negative. So I began my treatment for fibro. She put me on muscle relaxers which didn't work. They were suppose to help me relax and sleep and ease the fibro pain. So she put me on amitriptyline and when I told her that wasn't working she told me to continue taking it. She also put me on meloxicam because my fingers starting swelling (mostly upon waking) but the meloxicam spend to work better on my neck pain, which is becoming pretty intense lately, and annoying. I was put into water therapy, which actually did nothing for me. The first day I did it I became sick the next day and develop a rash on my leg. It started out small and got bigger, forming a circle that was scaly and itched sometimes. Soemtimes it even looked blistery. The rheumy thought it was psoriasis but my PCP thought it was ring worm. When I told him I had it for 2 months (before I finally went in and got it checked out) and that nobody else has caught it, nor has it spread, he still said it was ring worm. The cream he prescribed me made it worse and it actually got bigger. I started putting hydrocortisone cream on it once a day and that actually helped more. Eventually, after a couple more months it faded. It's still there but now its more brownish and faint. I have yet to tell my PCP that he was wrong aobut the ring worm. After my 2nd therapy session I left feeling more sore then better, but I continued until my last day of therapy. I'm due for another rhuemy appt. I guess I'm just frustrated. Idk if she's really listening to my concerns. For the neck pain she tried 3 sets of injections at 3 different appts and it worked the first time but that was it. The pain of the injections acutally brought me to tears.

The joint pain has increased, and right now my arms hurt really bad and feel heavy. My fingers and wrist are aching and my legs keep hurting. The neck pain is just increasing and I feel like I have to massage and pop it all the time in order to get any relief. The facial rash is slowly returning. My stomach pain has gotten worse. I was suppose to get another test done on it but I switched insurance and those kinds of thest just cost too much $$$$. I actually ended up in the ER from the pain because the urgent care thought it was my appendix. The CT came back clean so the DR's sent me home. My blood labs, my potassium and magnisum were low and showed that my glucose my high and that I had ketones and leukocyes in my urine. They never mentioned my labs to me though. My toes started swelling here and there and my raynaurd's is acting up again. I have been getting the chills more often but no sign of a tempature. I'm feeling down about my health and I'm trying not to let it get to me since it could be a lot worse. My fatigue has increased even more. Somedays I have trouble staying awake at work and it's getting to that point where I need to lay down and nap after work. I'm tired of feeling tired. Could there be more than just fibro going on here? Below I added a couple pics of my facial rash and of my leg, before and after. The first picture is my face after my vacation in San Diego and being in the sun everyday. The 2nd is today after my drive home from work with my window rolled down. The 1st is my leg rash at its smallest and the 2nd is after it faded a few months later. The after part of my leg rash is hard to see because it's so faded now. It still looks semi-scalish but def. not as bad.

Last edited by Scott_HB; 08-03-2011 at 06:58 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #2
    GoodDog
    (female)

GoodDog HB UserGoodDog HB User
    Re: I just want answers. Defeated.

Welcome to the forum. Except for the pregnancies your post sounded like I could have written it. I'm much older than you and have been dealing with similar problems for 22 years now. I've lost faith in the medical community and have nearly given up. Here's what I can tell you after going through this for so long.

One doctor will diagnose me with Lupus, CFS, fibromyalgia etc. then another doctor will say my tests for Lupus no longer show I have it. Then another doctor will set out to help me figure out what's happening and when it becomes difficult they agree with one of the previous doctors but nothing is ever done.

I finally fired all my doctors this last year and hired young, Asian women doctors. For me they outperform others by miles and are incredibly intelligent and tend to listen more than the old school doctors. She decided to continue with my Lupus diagnosis even though my latest tests show negative. She said since I was diagnosed 10 years ago by a rheumatologist that many of my symptoms appear to be caused by Lupus. When you have one autoimmune disease it's likely you will have others and the "names" of the diseases aren't always that important. Medication for autoimmune diseases are used to suppress the immune system. Other than that the symptoms are treated. And about 5% of the population show negative results even when they do have Lupus. (I'm in a brain fog today and not explaining this very well.) You definitely sound like you have it to me and it explains many of your symptoms.

I take prednisone which helps the hives and joint pain, pain medication, doxepin which helps the itching and helps me sleep, prilosec for gastrointestinal problems, and a few others. Nothing has worked for the horrible, debilitating fatigue and instant sleepiness though.

I can sympathize with you and wish I could help. It's very frustrating and I don't know if you will ever find an answer. I refuse to go to rheumatologists any more because I felt they never listened and acted like if they told me I DIDN'T have Lupus I would feel better.

Many times I have felt like giving up and in some way maybe I have. One thing that helped me a lot was joining a Lupus message board. I was able to read how others dealt with the symptoms and ways of talking to my doctor.

I can tell you this, your best bet for getting to the bottom of it is going to a teaching university even if it means you have to travel some distance. Good luck and I'm here if you need to talk.

Allie

The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDog For This Useful Post:
    somebody84 (06-26-2011)
    Old 06-25-2011, 06:50 AM   #3
    VeeJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Somebody, hi & welcome. I can really sympathize! My problems overlap some with yours, not totally. I also had a terrible time getting help.

RASHES. I tried but couldn't open your attachments. Nonetheless, I want to share what I learned: that rashes can be an alternate path to a diagnosis, IF biopsied correctly by a dermatologist or dermatopathologist who knows what he/she is doing. My first 7 or 8 (!) dermies didn't recognize my rash, nor did they biopsy it thoroughly. So I learned---

1. There are 12-15 lupus-specific rashes, yet many drs. seem to recognize only the best-known, discoid and malar. Mine turned out to be SCLE annular form, which at least 3 dermies promptly and incorrectly labelled RINGWORM. Another said flea bites, but my vet disagreed. (Meaning I got better help from my vet than from my dermies. )

2. Deep-punch biopsy should be followed by immunofluorescent stain tests, which can often (but not always) nail a rash down as lupus-specific. I think these stain tests are roughly the same as a "lupus band test".

BLOOD WORK. You didn't say WHICH tests have been run. The really important ones for lupus, antiphospholipid syndrome, etc. are all specialized, meaning not part of standard CBC, etc. To learn more, you could read all the "sticky posts" (permanent info posts) at the top of the thread list. Also, I recommend visiting your local library, to borrow lupus books.

Also, I didn't know my local drs. had run ANA but stopped cold when mine came back negative. It turned out I was in a TINY subgroup of lupus that's positive for anti-Ro but stays ANA-negative. (This is true for only 3-5% of all lupus patients, one reads; but my point is, it's possible!) Another pitfall is that some antibodies rise & fall; so if you're tested when you feel pretty good, maybe your labs will come back clean. i.e., timing counts.

I ended up finding a new rheumatologist on my own, one affiliated with a major teaching hospital. He made my Dx look so easy. I had answers in less than a month... after 20+ years of misery, including many full-blown rashes during the final 8 years. (There's a joke in that somewhere?)

While you listed a lot of problems that sound auto-immune-ish to me (I'm only a dumb patient, of course), you didn't describe any patterns. Do you have periods where you feel more-or-less OK, then WHAM, some/all of it rears up? Do you associate any of your problems with UV exposure? ("Yes" to either would sound autoimmune-ish, to me, anyway.)

I'll stop for now. I hope you post more soon! Meanwhile, sending you warm wishes, sympathetically, Vee

Old 06-25-2011, 10:28 AM   #4
    somebody84
    (female)

somebody84 HB User

Since the attachments are not working I'm attempting to re-attach them. The first one is after my trip from San Diego, the second one was yesterday from on the way home from work and the last one is when the rash at my leg was at it's smallest.
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg malar.jpg (6.6 KB, 13 views)
    File Type: jpg mm.jpg (7.4 KB, 12 views)
    File Type: jpg leg.jpg (6.1 KB, 12 views)

Old 06-25-2011, 10:47 AM   #5
    somebody84
    (female)

somebody84 HB User

-VeeJ,

I reattached the pictures in a new post. I hope it attached right this time. I will have to wait till the rash re-services and go back to the DR, or can I go back anyways and show him that he was wrong about the ringworm? That's what my boyfriend wants me to do. My symptoms do come and go, except for being tired. I'm always tired. Not one moment goes by where I'm not tired, but I go through stages where I'm more tired then other days. My neck pain stays around but it just popped up out of nowhere one day and it too goes through times where it feels worse then other days. My joints go through moments where they feel okay and when they really hurt. My raynaurd's goes through flares and so does my stomach pains and all my other symptoms. I don't always feel them together but there I days I do.

When I go out in the sun and I'm out there long enough or it's just really hot outside my face will flush into that rash, and sometimes it will linger for a few days before going away again. Being out in the sun makes me really tired and can give me headaches. I also notice on my upper arms that they get red and bumpy easily, but I'm not sure what that's from.

I'll have to dig out of the tests (I'm still working on getting my copies since my last PCP charges for medical files) but between my new PCP and Rhuemy they ran a diabetes test, thyroid, anemia/iron, ana, (doesn't say more then one and it doesn't mention anti-gens) CSR, SED and the R factor I think. But I think those were the only tests ran besides the CBC. AS far as I know of they came back okay besides the ebstien Barr and the mono. I have been feeling worse since those were last run though. I'm hurting a lot more and my fatigue has increased. My rhuemy also said that things would show up negative if they are in the early stages, but she isn't sure that I have anything serious.

My last ER visit my glucose was high, my potassium and magnisuem were low, and I had ketones and white blood cells in my urine but they never said anything about my labs so I guess it wasn't that important.

So I'm just at a loss here. I'm just feeling worse lately and I'm starting to wonder if its me.

Last edited by ModWest; 07-02-2011 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Quote removed - please use quick reply instead of quote reply.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:56 AM   #6
    somebody84
    (female)

somebody84 HB User

Allie,

Thanks for writing me back and sharing your story with me.. I'll have to see if there are any teaching universities nearby me. I guess I'm just feeling worse lately and I've visit the doctor so many times this past year it just gets exhausting. My rhuemy was so quick to say it was fibro I'm starting to wonder if it's all me, and maybe I should just forget about how tired I am and how much I hurt. I know I need to advocate my own health too. If all it is, is the fibro then that's okay, but I have a feeling other wise with the way I'm feeling and I just don't want to find out when my health continues down hill, you know? Thank you. I'm thinking of visiting my rhuemy one more time and if I feel like I get the brush off I will start looking elsewhere.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:23 PM   #7
    VeeJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Somebody, obviously only real doctors can figure all this out, BUT a few things you just mentioned caught my eye.
    1. Your bumps on arms after sun; also your pic of leg lesion at "its smallest". In immature form, my lesions were only papules, meaning red raised bumps, like mosquito bites but not itchy. Over years, in mature stage, new bumps expanded into perfect circles with clear centers, then gradually expanded further into irregular shapes, then faded. Then cycle repeated. My lesions were on back & upper arms. Does any of that sound familiar?
    2. Your facial rash looks rather suspicious to me, but I'm just a patient...
    3. I'd ask about ketones in urine! Could it be related to high glucose? Etc.

Sometimes we do doubt ourselves, but I think you're WISE to seek answers. So keep at it, OK? Sending encourgement your way, Vee

The Following User Says Thank You to VeeJ For This Useful Post:
    somebody84 (06-26-2011)
    Old 06-25-2011, 05:39 PM   #8
    somebody84
    (female)

somebody84 HB User

VeeJ,

Yeah, I know a doctor is the only one who can help or diagnose me. I guess I'm just looking for other people in my shoes/or opinions. I'm tired of feeling like I'm imagining it. I went swimming today and Idk if it was the pool but the rash on my leg starting acting up, I posted another picture of it. It's still there, but I'm hoping to goes back down and doesn't get big again. Yeah, when I first got it, it started out small. It slowly turned into a circle with bumps around outside. Sometimes it even looked scaly. The shape eventually became irregular shaped and not so much a perfect circle. The ringworm cream really made it mad so I stopped using it. It faded down over the course of a few months and I treated it with hydrocortisone, mainly when it bothered me. There's another picture with purple circle things on my leg. I noticed them after I was inside. I had two on one leg and one on the other. They faded within the hour. I've never had anything like that so I'm not sure what it was. The red band looking thing is on my arm. My upper arms get reddish and sometimes bumpy. Then another of my face after swimming. It hard turned a reddish color and I can feel it.

The ketones could be from the high glucose. I'm not sure. My doctor tested me for diabetes before and it came back normal. I plan on making an appt. with my PCP this week so I'll give him the lab results from the ER. I will also make another appt. with my Rhuemy this week.

Thank you.
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg rash.jpg (6.0 KB, 8 views)
    File Type: jpg rash2.jpg (18.3 KB, 10 views)
    File Type: jpg rash4.jpg (20.8 KB, 9 views)
    File Type: jpg rash1.jpg (6.5 KB, 8 views)

Old 06-26-2011, 01:03 PM   #9
    VeeJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Somebody, do your arm & leg rashes scar or depigment? Itch? Appear ONLY after sun exposure? Usually last 1-2 months?

Here's a little more about SCLE (subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus) rashes. Mine were the "annular" form, targetlike circles with clear centers... but there's a SECOND kind of SCLE called psoriasiform, that looks like psoriasis (but isn't). Both forms are strongly associated with the anti-Ro autoantibody; don't tend to itch (presumably can, though, in some people); tend to be extremely photosensitive; and tend NOT to scar or depigment. (That's in contrast to "discoid" lesions, which do tend scar &/or depigment.)
    For what that info is worth... I hope it helps somehow!

Good luck with your appts. with PCP & rheumatologist. My best, Vee

P.S. I was given steroid creams for my skin lesions & all they did was dry out my skin, and I saw at least 7 dermatologists before getting answers. I definitely think it's good to read & to collect info from people here. You'll describe your rashes & other symptoms better---and maybe sense faster whether you're making progress or just hearing a bunch of CRAP from the dr. It's hard to have to keep pressing for answers, but I know you can do it! Hugs, V.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #10
    somebody84
    (female)

somebody84 HB User

VeeJ,

I'm not sure. My upper arm gets red and appears slightly bumpy after being in the sun, it just fades away eventually. As for my leg rash I have never dealt with anything like that before. I'm still stumped. Obviously my PCP was wrong about it being ring worm and my rhuemy thought it might've been psoriasis. My leg rash just appeared one day and continued to get bigger. The biggest it got was after using the ring worm cream, and I believe it got as big as a silver dollar or maybe slightly bigger. It never really itched, only sometimes. And that was when I would use the ring worm cream or when I was taking a hot bath, it would get irritated. It took around 4 months for it to go away. Well it's still there, but its faded and is not that noticeable. It seems to flare here and there like yesterday. I don't know if it was due to the sun or the pool water, but something irritated it. It used to be in the shape of a circle, with bumps around the outside. The middle looked scaly but eventually turned pinkish and clear. There were a couple times when it looked blistery. I'm at loss of what it could be. It doesn't appear to be scarring. Oh and the picture with the two purplish circle over things on my upper legs I never dealt with before either. They happened yesterday as well from being outside and faded away over the hour. Thank you for all your help and input.

Last edited by somebody84; 06-26-2011 at 03:07 PM.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:21 AM   #11
    VeeJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Somebody, some more thoughts... As I've written, because there are MORE lupus rashes than malar & discoid, which are the two most patients & doctors think of first, to me that means you need doctors knowledgeable with ALL the lupus rashes, incl. SCLE, tumid lupus, etc. Odds are such drs. are in the larger metro or teaching hospital practices, simply because of the law of large numbers (they see such wide variety).

Upper arm rashes are "good" in a way: they can biopsied without scarring concerns. i.e., while a deep-punch biopsy will scar, it's not your face.

There's a condition called psoriatic arthritis in which people have psoriasis AND systemic symptoms. I think in it, ankle joints are usually hardest-hit.

Are there support groups in your area for autoimmunes like lupus, RA, etc? Group members might be able to suggest drs. good at diagnosing such tricky conditions, incl. drs. at teaching hospitals within a reasonable radius. And if you have a local or regional newspaper, you could contact health beat reporters, to ask if they have names in file from articles they've researched.

I think you're a whole lot smarter than I was, because you (logically) suspect something "systemic" is a possibility. In your shoes, I'd consider a new rheumatologist, or dermatologist, or dermatopathologist. I think any of those specialists could get you onto a better track. All my best, with hugs, Vee

The Following User Says Thank You to VeeJ For This Useful Post:
    somebody84 (06-29-2011)
    Old 06-28-2011, 04:44 AM   #12
    brooklyngirl
    (female)

brooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB User

My first rheumatologist also diagnosed me with fibromyalgia even though I didn't have any muscle pain/buring/depression. I refused this wastebasket diagnosis (not saying people don't have it, but it is grossly over & misdiagnosed) and fired her. Second and current rheumatologist agreed that I could not possibly have fibromyaglia and re-did all blood tests and also a skin and lip biopsy. The blood tests were (and still are) negative, but the rash/skin biopsy showed that I have Lupus and the lip biopsy showed that I have Sjogren's Syndrome. Its no wonder that many people (a LOT in the medical field) don't believe in fibromyalgia with it being diagnosed improperly all the time. Once you are diagnosed with it (as your main dx) many doctors and other medical professionals won't take you as seriously (which is not right) because so many abuse this diagnosis. In a research paper I worked on in college with someone else we tried out a theory to see if a perfectly healthy person could fake their way into a fibromyalgia diagnosis and get perscribed meds for it and guess what...she did get diagnosed. We had to use the doctors at the college, but we researched the syndrome and she complained about what we researched to the doctor and she was given a diagnosis of fibromyalgia and a script for Lyrica! Kind of scary when you think about it. If you don't feel comfortable with a doctor or a diagnosis, by all means find another doctor and another until you do feel comfortable (or at least satisifed). Being put on meds you don't need can be very dangerous as well. Good luck in your search!

The Following User Says Thank You to brooklyngirl For This Useful Post:
    somebody84 (06-29-2011)
    Old 06-28-2011, 07:17 AM   #13
    somebody84
    (female)

somebody84 HB User

VeeJ,

Once again thank you. I have an appt. with my PCP today to show him that the rash he thought was "ringworm" wasn't really ringworm, and I'll will talk to him about what to do next. I also have another appt. with my rhuemy next month. I want to talk to her about the increase in symptoms, as far as severity goes. If I feel she's rushing me or brushing me off I will then ask to switch DR's. It's a big practice so I shouldn't have a problem doing so. I also looked up teaching universities. I saw that we have a couple medical centers and a Medical University in my state so I will look into that. I'm not sure about any support groups in the area that I know of. Thank you so much for your help VeeJ.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:30 AM   #14
    somebody84
    (female)

somebody84 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by brooklyngirl View Post
    My first rheumatologist also diagnosed me with fibromyalgia even though I didn't have any muscle pain/buring/depression. I refused this wastebasket diagnosis (not saying people don't have it, but it is grossly over & misdiagnosed) and fired her. Second and current rheumatologist agreed that I could not possibly have fibromyaglia and re-did all blood tests and also a skin and lip biopsy. The blood tests were (and still are) negative, but the rash/skin biopsy showed that I have Lupus and the lip biopsy showed that I have Sjogren's Syndrome. Its no wonder that many people (a LOT in the medical field) don't believe in fibromyalgia with it being diagnosed improperly all the time. Once you are diagnosed with it (as your main dx) many doctors and other medical professionals won't take you as seriously (which is not right) because so many abuse this diagnosis. In a research paper I worked on in college with someone else we tried out a theory to see if a perfectly healthy person could fake their way into a fibromyalgia diagnosis and get perscribed meds for it and guess what...she did get diagnosed. We had to use the doctors at the college, but we researched the syndrome and she complained about what we researched to the doctor and she was given a diagnosis of fibromyalgia and a script for Lyrica! Kind of scary when you think about it. If you don't feel comfortable with a doctor or a diagnosis, by all means find another doctor and another until you do feel comfortable (or at least satisifed). Being put on meds you don't need can be very dangerous as well. Good luck in your search!
    brooklyngirl,

Thank you for the reply. When my DR. first suspected CFS or Lupus he sent me to the Rhuemy. The main reason was my fatigue and the fact that I get a rash on my nose and cheeks (comes and goes). My rhuemy right away didn't think I had anything "serious" wrong with me and didn't really pay attention to my list of symptoms. She did the fibro tender/trigger point test and I didn't really have that many of them, but she diagnosed me with it anyways without even ruling anything else out through proper testing. I guess that's what caught me off guard. I cried a lot after that appt. because I felt I wasn't being taken seriously by getting that diagnoses. I don't think it's unreal, I think the pain and symptoms are very much real, but with my family history and the way I feel, I guess I expected more from her. She did confirm my raynaurd's (as did my PCP) but also said I had myositis. She did some testing but it didn't include much. I'm feeling worse lately and I'm having some new symptoms come into the picture so I made another appt. with her for next month. This appt. will decide if I keep her as my rhuemy. In the mean time I'm going to start researching other rhuemy's in the area. I drove home from work yesterday and when I got home my cheeks were stinging some, and I looked in the mirror. Sure enough my facial rash had appeared. I took some photos. I'm not saying I want anything wrong with me, I just have this feeling that there's more to it then just fibro, and with my family history I need to make sure I get that looked at. Thank you. It's been hard and emotional but I'm working on it.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:30 PM   #15
    somebody84
    (female)

somebody84 HB User

VeeJ,

I wrote you back, but the post isn't showing up yet.

So, I went to my PCP and he actually teased me because it took me 3 months to go back and see him for the rash on my leg. He actually said "When you last came in you told me you had ringworm, right?" Lol, I told him he was funny because I said I didn't have ringworm but he said I did. He laughed. He wants me to try a higher dosage hydrocortisone cream and to see a dermatologist and have it biopsied. I asked him about my face causes its been stinging/burning and getting more pronounced. Heck from the drive to work to my PCP's office it was pretty noticeable. He said they would look at that too. To make a long story short I will being the dermatologist the day after my rhuemy visit and they will look at my rash and test it for fungal/psoriasis type rashes and autoimmune rashes. He mentioned something about discoid lupus, but that's what the dermatologist is for. I took pictures of my face because Idk if my facial rash will be around for my appt or not. Can they still biopsy it if its not?

Closed Thread