It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board

Dr. suspects Lupus

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 5
JacolynM HB User
Dr. suspects Lupus

Hello Everyone... Just wondering if I could get some expert advice. It has been about 6 years since I first started to notice many different symptoms affecting me. In the past 2 years things have gotten worse. I am fatigued, I have muscle/joint pain frequently, swollen lymph nodes (usually in my left armpit, but not always), I have melasma spots the sporadically showed up in several locations, and sometimes I get a pink flush across my checks or sometimes its just a few red dots. I get hot flashes, heart palpitations, I have "mild asthma" and horrible case of IBS and lately I've noticed the "brain fog" is atrocious. I'm 32, so it makes me feel crazy. I've had my thryoid checked 3 times, with nothing there and also CBC and the other standard blood work. I was finally sent to a specialist, who suspects I may have lupus after I revealed to her that my father's sister and my grandfather's sister (on the same side) both have the disease. So she has ordered blood work for me. Is this neck-of-the-woods I have to schedule an appointment for my blood work. When I called I felt horrible, almost to the point I thought I might have to go to the emergency room... but several days later I am feeling better again. I have a mild pain in my hip and left breast and the brain fog hasn't entirely lifted. My question to you more experienced ppl is this: If I get my blood work done during a low symptom time and not at the highest point of the flare, am I going to end up with inaccurate results? Or should I wait until I feel awful again to get the blood tests done? Or does it matter?
I hate to have to wait any longer for results, but I want to know for sure what it going on... so I want to do it right. (I live on the east coast of NS and the tests have to be sent to Toronto, therefore I have to wait 4 weeks for results.)
Should I wait or not? Thanks

Last edited by JacolynM; 10-04-2012 at 04:43 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:07 PM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
© 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!