It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board

• Mouth sores

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
    k2626
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

k2626 HB User
    Mouth sores

I'm not Dx but a quick history-for 5 yrs I've had flares of nueropathy-stinging bee sensations that jump around, muscle twitching all over body. Also beaus lines on nail and blood lines under finger nails. At times I get livedo riticularous on my thighs when in hot sun. Also have bouts of mild pancreatits. Not sure if its related.

Lately I've been getting little sores on the back of my cheeks-usually one or two a wk. they don't hurt but I find it odd

Does any if this sound like lupus?

My labs 5 yrs back were normal. I am getting a new set next wk

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2013, 07:23 AM   #2
    VeeJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
    Re: Mouth sores

Hi. Oral ulcerations are seen in something like 15% of healthy people. Although the things you list "can" occur in lupus, I don't think they're particularly definitive of lupus because they all can occur for other reasons.

Re: blood lines under your nails, which way do they run: same direction as your nails grow or crosswise? I read various articles on what fingernails say about health, and the direction might be meaningful...

You really need a break, so I hope your new labs help. Let us know, bye, Vee

Old 06-07-2013, 07:26 AM   #3
    k2626
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

k2626 HB User

Thanks Vee I do want a break- I'd be happy if my psncreas cleared up or if I could find out why it's inflammed

Blood lines run up and down-splinter hemmoraghes

Old 06-07-2013, 07:42 AM   #4
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Neuropathy, pancreatitis, oral ulcers, splinter hemorrhages and particularly livedo reticularis are all seen in lupus. I would recommend looking over the lupus sticky notes on the board for lupus, but there are many less common symptoms, like you have, that may not be mentioned. When you get blood tests done this time, I would ask Dr. to check your anti-phospholipid antibodies, as splinter hemorrhages are a sign of vasculitis and APL syndrome commonly exists with that which can predispose to blood clots. Those can often be prevented if you just know about it. Good luck, and please continue to post if you have questions once you get results.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #5
    k2626
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

k2626 HB User

Thank you! Having surgery in 3 wks so good to know this will test before

Closed Thread