It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• How long on IV rocephin for Lyme before success?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-03-2015, 02:30 PM   #1
    aes07012
    (male)

aes07012 HB User
    How long on IV rocephin for Lyme before success?

Hi All,

I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease back in Sept 2013 by my current LLMD after feeling sick for about 5 months, and was on various oral abx for a little over a year before starting IV Rocephin in January of this year. After being on it for a little over 3 months now, I'm not too sure if I am getting much better. Certain symptoms like fatigue and brain fog have improved, but my main symptoms like facial and jaw pain/tightness/tingling and unfocused vision have not improved much at all. I am 24 years old, and am starting to feel extremely depressed and hopeless that this will never go away. My main question for those who have been through the IV treatment is--how long were you on the IV before experiencing success? This is pretty much draining my entire bank account, and I am wondering if it is worth continuing... Success stories would be MUCH appreciated! Thank you!!!

--AES

The following user gives a hug of support to aes07012:
    J0J0 (04-07-2015)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2015, 07:22 AM   #2
    J0J0
    Inactive

J0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB User
    Re: How long on IV rocephin for Lyme before success?

Hi AES,

I did Rocephin about 12 years ago. All it did for me was gave me a pancreatic attack and gall bladder attack at the same time!
    I wound up having to do a gall bladder flush instead of having it surgically removed.

I did Rocephin for at least 6 months with some orals. Then doc pulled me off of it when my organs started being affected by it, and put me on couple others instead. (after my gall bladder and pancreas calmed down.)

I honestly haven't seen many that have had a huge success with Rocephin. If your not seeing any improvement get your doc to change the protocol.

This antibiotic is the worst on our organs.

You also need more than 1 type of antibiotic to kill off all life stages.

Hope you feel better soon!

Jodie

Old 04-08-2015, 05:47 PM   #3
    aes07012
    (male)

aes07012 HB User
    Re: How long on IV rocephin for Lyme before success?

Ok, thanks Jodie. I really appreciate your response and advice! It's hard when you're left with such few options.. I wil see where I can get with asking for other treatments.

The following user gives a hug of support to aes07012:
    J0J0 (04-09-2015)
    Closed Thread

Tags
    lyme diagnosis, lyme disease, lyme symptoms