It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Chronic Fatigue and Lyme Disease

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-21-2015, 12:35 PM   #1
    Embers12
    (female)

Embers12 HB User
    Thumbs up Chronic Fatigue and Lyme Disease

I have had chronic fatigue, cyclic vomiting syndrome, various neuralgia's (Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, on and on), and my Neuro-Psych ('super pharmacist') had been begging me to take a Lyme Disease test for months. Apparently, 9 out of 10 of his chronic fatigue and fybromyalgia patients tested positive with Lyme.
    I finally took the test (Western Blot - the only accurate test to date) and I am positive for Lyme, even by strict CDC standards. I'm both devastated and elated to have a diagnosis I can work with.
    Lyme is nicknamed 'The Great Pretender', and has a will to live probably greater than yours - very tough to eradicate.
    I live in Boulder County, Colorado, where Lyme supposedly does not exist. Contagious Disease Doctors believe that Lyme is everywhere, that it can be conveyed by just about any blood sucking vector, and there is a documented case where Lyme has been transferred to a fetus by the infected mother.
    I beg you to take the Western Blot test (IGENEX lab - no insurance coverage), no matter where you live. As brutal as the cure is - you may find out that there IS a cure for your chronic fatigue.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2015, 01:53 PM   #2
    J0J0
    Inactive

J0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB User
    Re: Chronic Fatigue and Lyme Disease

Yes many of us have Chronic Fatigue with Lyme. Also any viral infections or co infections can cause fatigue.

Are you seeing a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor? (LLMD) If not, this is whom you need to see to help get your infection('s) into remission.

Any insect that bites, draws blood and goes host to host can spread Lyme and many diseases. it is transferred mother to baby and found in sperm. Many say swapping any bodily fluid can transmit diseases. Blood transfusions and SEX!

I hope you find treatment.
    Borrelia (Lyme) is all over the world. And more than 300 strains.

Jodie

Old 04-23-2015, 09:08 AM   #3
    Embers12
    (female)

Embers12 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Embers12 View Post
    I have had chronic fatigue, cyclic vomiting syndrome, various neuralgia's (Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, on and on), and my Neuro-Psych ('super pharmacist') had been begging me to take a Lyme Disease test for months. Apparently, 9 out of 10 of his chronic fatigue and fybromyalgia patients tested positive with Lyme.
    I finally took the test (Western Blot - the only accurate test to date) and I am positive for Lyme, even by strict CDC standards. I'm both devastated and elated to have a diagnosis I can work with.
    Lyme is nicknamed 'The Great Pretender', and has a will to live probably greater than yours - very tough to eradicate.
    I live in Boulder County, Colorado, where Lyme supposedly does not exist. Contagious Disease Doctors believe that Lyme is everywhere, that it can be conveyed by just about any blood sucking vector, and there is a documented case where Lyme has been transferred to a fetus by the infected mother.
    I beg you to take the Western Blot test (IGENEX lab - no insurance coverage), no matter where you live. As brutal as the cure is - you may find out that there IS a cure for your chronic fatigue.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:17 AM   #4
    Embers12
    (female)

Embers12 HB User

Thanks for your message. Yes, I'm seeing a Lyme literate doctor ($400 per uninsured hour!!!), and I'm hoping I survive both potential bankruptcy AND Lyme.
    The diet is brutal, because I have starved several times - once, to save my gallbladder (desperately hungry for years), one experimental macrobiotic diet, and several cyclic vomiting episodes (possibly from a co-infection, labeled 'psychosomatic'). I'm sure I have PTSD from starving and various emotional judgement from so called doctors.
    Any tricks you may have with insurance coverage would make you a saint in my eyes.
    I meant to post this in the Chronic Fatigue board, but between constant fog brain, and ADD-like concentration troubles, I did not figure the site out correctly.
    Thank you for finding me, and I will follow the Lyme board from now on!

Last edited by Embers12; 05-01-2015 at 01:42 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Embers12:
    J0J0 (04-24-2015)
    Old 04-24-2015, 06:38 AM   #5
    J0J0
    Inactive

J0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB User

Glad your seeing a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor!
    Yes it is expensive but they are the only ones to understand Lyme and co-infections.

Things will get better. It just takes time!

Sorry I don't have any recipes, I just try to stay away from sugars and wheat. Gotta read labels.

There are very few insurance companies to help pay for treatment. Were on our own.

I finally got through the vomiting after all these years by getting to a acupuncturist that is Lyme savey. Chronic meningitis for too many years, that antibiotics wasn't touching. So far haven't had a episode since September.

Any questions ask away. Hopefully someone here can share their ideas and thoughts.

Hang in there!

Jodie

Closed Thread