It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Newly diagnosed - need herbal treatment advice/experience

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-26-2015, 02:29 PM   #1
    raiabryan
    (female)

raiabryan HB User
    Newly diagnosed - need herbal treatment advice/experience

Hi there,

I am 24 years old, just diagnosed with Lyme. I have been sick for about five years, tried everything. Finally pursued Lyme through a naturopath who sent my bloodwork to Igenex lab. Came back positive yesterday.
    My symptoms include: brain fog, dizziness, blurred vision, floaters, memory loss, mental confusion, neck/shoulder stiffness cracking and pain, digestive problems, food sensitivities, fatigue...

I am eager to try an herbal approach before venturing into such things as IV therapy or especially antibiotics. How I feel about my body is that antibiotics would do more harm than good.

So my naturopath gave me a prescription of different herbs to start taking as an initial protocol. But I hadn't ever heard of any of them even though having done a lot of research on my own beforehand. SO I want to get more information before I spend 300 dollars a month on them.
    Does anyone have experience/knowledge about any of these as effective against Lyme/ effect on the body?
    The prescription is:

Artemesinin: 1 capsule 2x/day
    Samento: 10 drops/day to start up to 30
    Banderol: same as above
    Diatomaceous Earth: 1 tsp 3x/day
    Buoloke: 1 capsule, 2x/day

He also has me on Olive Leaf and probiotics for candida control

Thank you!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2015, 03:29 AM   #2
    tess201
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB User
    Re: Newly diagnosed- need herbal treatment advice/experience

Hi and welcome here.

I agree with you about the long term effects of abx. I did only alternative and am happy with the results. I took 3 of the 5 herbs you listed. I see no problem with them. However, I think you'll need bigger guns to effect change and get at the various stages of the spirochetes if you've been sick 5 years with no treatment. Also, you could probably purchase those items yourself at a much reduced cost.

Have you researched other alternative therapies? My primary treatment was salt/C with lots of vitamins and herbs. Presently I'm doing bee venom therapy. I did all this through my own research and the support of other groups of lymies. btw: probiotics are a must . . . for the rest of your life!

If you want to continue with alternative I think a savvy lyme naturopath is a good choice. Did you ask him/her how many lyme patients they have treated?

This is an excellent book. It is primarily about the salt/c protocol but explains lyme disease thoroughly and has a great detox section for potions that address various ailments that arise:

The Salt C Plus Protocol for Lyme Infection by M. Fett.

Also read the stickies at the top of this board for more information. I wish you all the best on your healing journey.

Tess

Closed Thread