It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

Test results

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-20-2015, 02:46 AM   #1
Felix9327
(male)

Felix9327 HB User
Test results

I've been experiencing a lot of the odd symptoms that Lyme disease can cause, especially brain fog and tingling/twitching.

I tested negative for Lyme. However, I tested positive on IGG bands 93, 58, 18, and 39.
The IGM bands came back negative.

Why would any of the bands come back positive if I didn't have Lyme?

The worst symptom is definitely the brain fog - wish I knew how to get rid of it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2015, 01:39 PM   #2
karen4486
(female)

karen4486 HB User
Re: Test results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix9327 View Post
I've been experiencing a lot of the odd symptoms that Lyme disease can cause, especially brain fog and tingling/twitching.

I tested negative for Lyme. However, I tested positive on IGG bands 93, 58, 18, and 39.
The IGM bands came back negative.

Why would any of the bands come back positive if I didn't have Lyme?

The worst symptom is definitely the brain fog - wish I knew how to get rid of it.

Hi. I know how you are feeling as my daughter was diagnosed with Lyme. So from our experience we were told only 40% of Lyme disease shows up in conventional lab tests so hers were done at Igenex. I urge you to find a Lyme literate doctor as they will treat you immediately which is critical. It took one year for any doctor to test for Lyme and so now she has chronic Lyme which is debilitating and much harder to treat. The faster you treat the better chance of success you will have.

I was told there are doctors who only follow the local lab tests that are inconclusive and those that will treat you based on clinical observation. My best advice is to do the research on Lyme and quickly get to an LLMD. All the best

Last edited by Administrator; 12-20-2015 at 01:47 PM.

Old 12-20-2015, 01:47 PM   #3
esker
Veteran
(male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User

The lyme tests were originally developed for research. They were never intended for diagnosis, however, there are no diagnostic tests, so they get used anyway.

Old 12-20-2015, 02:10 PM   #4
karen4486
(female)

karen4486 HB User

If you look up international Lyme and infectious disease association you might find information about test results and where to get more in depth testing as I did for my family member. You can also look online for info about different tests for Lyme disease. There are a couple of labs that look for either DNA or RNA of the bacteria in your blood All the best

Reply Reply

Tags
lyme, test