It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

It may be Babesia?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-08-2016, 01:19 PM   #1
Mphooey
(female)

Mphooey HB User
It may be Babesia?

I have had muscle, joint pain and fatigue starting May 2014. I was on a 2 week driving trip and one week into the trip I had gastric issues out both ends lasting 24 hours. After that everything was okay except for the pain, stiffness, fatigue I chalked up to long driving.

I was talked into getting a lyme test. Negative. Doc opined polymyalgia, sent me to a rheumatologist. Have been on prednisone, gabapentin, methotrexate. Nothing lowered my CRP and sed rate except prednisone.

Fall of 2015 started getting fluid in my knees, had to have them drained monthly. X rays and MRI show osteoarthritis in varying levels of severity.

Second rheum diagnose me with rheumatoid arthritis, started me on humira. Nothing. Was able to taper the prednisone to 5 mg but there was pain I was willing to endure.

Third rheum: No RA. Start 15 mg pred, taper every 2 weeks. Meanwhile the knees are not listening and still need draining frequently.

Had IgenX blood test, shows Babesia microti IgG at 320. Everything else was negative or indeterminite.

Looking back at previous blood tests, I noted a tendency toward slight anemia.

Could this be the cause of all my years of pain?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
babesia, lyme, polymyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis