It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Lyme Rash - infected

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-01-2016, 07:04 AM   #1
    40to20
    (female)

40to20 HB User
    Lyme Rash - infected

I am wondering what experiences anybody had with the Lyme rash? My story:
    I live in an area that is well known for its Deer ticks; it even has a sign when you enter the area to watch for them. So beginning of July i noticed a small spot on my leg, tiny little bite - no big deal. 3 weeks later it began to look like a bruise, then bigger and rounder and on it went. It went into the classic bullseye rash. At this point - i went to the ER; and she perscribled 21 days of Doxy. While i was on the Doxy i believe i was Herxing as i would go through days where i felt terrible. The Rash however - only got worse. It had started to develop other rashes around it. Where the intitial bite was turned dark and oozed, you could see it had a whole in it. A few weeks went by; the rash was still on my leg and very red - went to my doctor who didn't believe me that ticks were in my area - he gave me a cream for Ringworm.

3 Weeks went by (my doc on holidays) Saw another doc - who thought Sceriosis? or a nasty bug bite - put me on Cephalexin 500mg 4x a day for 10 days.
    Well 4 days into the new antibiotics, the rash bubbled up with dark lesion/blisters - my leg swelled; then the lesions/blisters would break open and ooze. Went to the ER department; the doc there still had no idea what it was; and again - because i didn't see the tick - didn't believe me that it was a tick bite; instead of giving any different type of antibiotics, she put a big band-aid on my leg and sent me home with a referral to see a dermatogist?
    It is unbelieveable how you have to fight with these doctors to get them to understand about a tick bite.

My question is: For those who developed a rash; what were your experiences with the rash? Did it ever get infected etc?

Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    infected, lyme, rash, tick bite