It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Afraid it's going to get chronic before treatment can even begin

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-13-2016, 12:55 PM   #1
    May2013
    (female)

May2013 HB User
    Afraid it's going to get chronic before treatment can even begin

I have been dealing with some strange symptoms for about 5 years now. In 2010 I noticed extreme anxiety and depression. Now this may sound like not a big deal, but it was something where i knew something was wrong...i had really bad intrusive thoughts and inability to deal with stress, I felt like i could hardly handle life at that point. Also an enlarged thyroid with nodules, one of which grew substantially in a small amount of time. I had gone to an endo because i thought thyroid disorder was the culprit to my symptoms. They tested all the thyroid hormones and antibodies and everything came back normal. Other symptoms I had were fatigue, change in hair texture, and just an overall unhealthy look. In three months I gained 20 lbs for no reason. I have been thin all my life and I went from 130 to 150 lbs in 3 months. Then i gained another 10 lbs. I had also gotten estrogen, progesterone, testosterone and 24 hr cortisol test done. everything was normal.This was in 2014.

Anyway i went to a rheumtologist after the endo because I thought maybe it was lupus or something autoimmune. They tested me for everything like celiacs, r.a., lupus, lymes, sjorgrens, inflammation, etc. My dr. called me and said i have inflammation but she didnt know where it was coming from.
    She said to wait another 2 months and to have it tested again. this was done and the inflammation was still there. She said wait and see her again in 6 months...it sounded ridiculous so I decided to go to another dr. Well, I alwsys get my bloodwork from the lab and i was looking over it and i noticed that there was a flag under the IGG lymes 23 band. My dr. never even told me this. If it wasn't for me requesting my own bloodwork from the lab, I would never have pursued looking into having lymes. Anyway, I looked into lyme literate drs and found one near me. I saw her in August and she ordered a lot of tests, some from Labcorp, some from Igenex, some from Spectracell and another lab i forgot th name..I recieved the results from Labcorp and the test she used is the remission test: HNK1 CD57 and it came out LOW! i think its been lymes all this time and I am just finding out... I didn't get the results from the ohter labs yet because they take a while.. btw the first lymes test from lab corp was the western blot...
    What I am worried about is, after waiting five years could it now be chronic?? i'm worried about not getting the treatment in tiime...i'm still not diagnosed. I hae to wait what the dr. says and I see her in mid Oct

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2016, 03:51 AM   #2
    tess201
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB User
    Re: Afraid it's going to get chronic before treatment can even begin

"What I am worried about is, after waiting five years could it now be chronic?? i'm worried about not getting the treatment in tiime...i'm still not diagnosed. I hae to wait what the dr. says and I see her in mid Oct"

May2013,

After 5 years, it is what it is so worrying won't help. Most LLMD's will start treatment if they suspect lyme from the symptomology. Tests are only a secondary consideration.

October isn't that far off. While you wait try taking some supplemental things: like oil of oregano extract (a natural antibiotic), valerian root extract (for anxiety), Tumeric supplements (for inflammation).

All the best. Let us know how it goes.

Tess

The Following User Says Thank You to tess201 For This Useful Post:
    May2013 (09-14-2016)
    Old 09-14-2016, 05:19 AM   #3
    May2013
    (female)

May2013 HB User

Hi,
    I have been taking turmeric powder daily for inflammation. I might try the oil of oregano I didn't know that was a natural antiobiotic. Thanks

Old 09-23-2016, 02:34 PM   #4
    May2013
    (female)

May2013 HB User

Hi,
    the one i take is Daily Turmeric Nutrient Booster Powder from Mega Food. It has black pepper extract in it as well as some fruit blends. I am think about adding ginger to it or adding a ginger supplement to my diet in some form

Reply Reply