It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• New To Chronic Lyme - How to Treat Lyme Related Hearing Problems?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-20-2016, 01:39 PM   #1
    Coyotesdawn

Coyotesdawn HB User
    Red face New To Chronic Lyme - How to Treat Lyme Related Hearing Problems?

I was diagnosed with chronic lyme just yesterday after visiting a lyme literate doctor. Still have to review the 15 or so blood tests they did there, but they were confident enough due to my symptoms and where I was at the time I may have gotten the infection to put me on antibiotics.

Anyway, so I believe I was infected sometime in April or May of 2015 while walking in the woods or swimming in streams around Philadelphia. It started out as a migraine (never had migraines before), trigeminal nerve irritation, and TMJ symtpoms; no flu or rash stuff. I also had some hearing loss, which at the time I attributed solely to loud noise exposure.

Starting around August 2015 I developed both (chronic and remitting) basilar and otic migraines, thyroid dysfunction, never-ending depression and foggy feelings, visual processing glitches and dissociating from visual world, and an extreme sensitivity and vulnerability to loud noises. I also had multiple inner ear problems including transient vertigo and dizziness spells, tinnitus, hyperacusis, eustachian tube dysfunction, and fluctuating hearing losses 24/7. More recently I have suffered from TMJ symtpoms again, peripheral circulation issues, tight face and neck muscles.

The symptom that has concerned me the most is the hearing loss. Originally my hearing losses were attributed to migraines; i.e. that a vasospasm in the inner ear would result in multiple episodes of tiny sudden hearing losses, which did or did not recover. These migraine attacks in my ears were set off by harmless loud noises, sudden changes in middle ear pressure, moving my body in certain ways, straining or doing something that increased inter-cranial pressure, swallowing, coughing, sneezing, and even laughing or crying or taking a deep breath.

Now with lyme in the mix of things who knows what is really going on; all that I know is that I am losing both my high and very low frequencies because of this disease, and that it is getting worse. I still have normal hearing, but it's starting to dip into mild hearing loss.

I am very scared of antibiotic therapy because of the potential for Herx reactions and being poisoned by dying lyme toxins. If the lyme, for instance, is in my inner ear, I am worried that such a release of toxins could have me go deaf or take out a significant portion of my hearing. Therefore I am really stumped to figure out what to do to avoid this type of reaction, but still to get rid of my lyme disease.

Does anyone have any suggestions for alternative therapies to antibiotics? Such as herbal antibiotics, things I can do for muscle relaxation, ozone inhalation? I may want to start there first. Also, again, if anyone has any information about how to treat lyme-related hearing loss, that will also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much for the help and taking the time to read this

Last edited by Administrator; 09-20-2016 at 03:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2016, 01:30 AM   #2
    tess201
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB User
    Re: New To Chronic Lyme-How to Treat Lyme Related Hearing Problems?

"I am very scared of antibiotic therapy because of the potential for Herx reactions and being poisoned by dying lyme toxins."

You will herx regardless of the type of therapy you choose. I did only alternative and definitely herxed. Herxing is just the body's reaction to die-off. When you herx you then deal with those symptoms as they arise. It's sort of part and parcel of the healing process. This is why detoxing is so important.

"Does anyone have any suggestions for alternative therapies to antibiotics? Such as herbal antibiotics, things I can do for muscle relaxation, ozone inhalation? "

Ozone therapy is good, also herbal therapies. There are a number you can research. I did Salt/C in combo with herbs, vitamins, BVT, etc. There are many other alternative things you can try: BVT (bee venom therapy), Rife, etc. This is a good book to peruse, if interested: The Salt C Plus Protocol for Lyme Infection by M. Fett. It also has a great detox section. You can also consider doing a combination of abx and alternative.

Best,

Tess

Old 09-21-2016, 08:25 AM   #3
    May2013
    (female)

May2013 HB User
    Re: New To Chronic Lyme - How to Treat Lyme Related Hearing Problems?

@Tess201 I have done some research about the salt/vit c protocol and saw that it was bogus and even dangerous, does it really help? I know salt fights infections but in high amounts can overwork the kidneys...did you do it under a dr.s care? I'm trying to find alternative therapies myself and I began taking oregano oil on Sunday so I'm hoping it works

Old 09-21-2016, 09:05 AM   #4
    Coyotesdawn

Coyotesdawn HB User

@Tess201

thank you for the info. Hmm, bee venom therapy? I will look into that (sounds scary). I have read more about ozone and that may be my first bet. What herbs did you try? I may already be on a few of them.

What is a herx like if the lyme is in your brain and nervous system, do you have any idea? It could also be in my circulatory system idk, so I do have many reasons to worry.

Last edited by Coyotesdawn; 09-21-2016 at 09:05 AM.

Old 09-21-2016, 10:38 AM   #5
    tess201
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB User
    Re: New To Chronic Lyme - How to Treat Lyme Related Hearing Problems?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by May2013 View Post
    @Tess201 I have done some research about the salt/vit c protocol and saw that it was bogus and even dangerous, does it really help? I know salt fights infections but in high amounts can overwork the kidneys...did you do it under a dr.s care? I'm trying to find alternative therapies myself and I began taking oregano oil on Sunday so I'm hoping it works
    I credit S/C with my healing (as many others have as well) but if those are your thoughts then of course you shouldn't try it. It certainly isn't bogus, though. If you use the right salt - Himalayan - the kidneys are not "overworked". Oregano oil is great but you need other things as well to fight the lyme infection.

Best,

Tess

Old 09-21-2016, 10:43 AM   #6
    tess201
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Coyotesdawn View Post
    @Tess201
    What is a herx like if the lyme is in your brain and nervous system, do you have any idea? It could also be in my circulatory system idk, so I do have many reasons to worry.
    The spirochetes can, and most often do, affect every system of the body, including, brain, circulatory, etc. A herx is a herx. It is the body's response to toxic die-off. This is why detoxing is so vitally important to the healing process.

Tess

Old 09-21-2016, 11:19 AM   #7
    Coyotesdawn

Coyotesdawn HB User

@Tess201,

What are some good things to take for de-toxing?

I've also heard that ozone treatment can help with neutralizing the toxins. Do you know if that is true?

Thanks again

Last edited by Coyotesdawn; 09-21-2016 at 11:19 AM.

Reply Reply