It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

Totally confused, 3 negative Lyme pos Epstein BArr

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-20-2017, 04:51 PM   #1
DDT1
(male)

DDT1 HB User
Totally confused, 3 negative Lyme pos Epstein BArr

ok so after every symptom of lyme matches as i stated in another post my Neurologist started me on doxy, what he didnt say is when i was in the hospital with meningitis in february i tested positive for Epstein barr virus with an 8.0 on a .8 or higher scale. Never told me this and since my rheumatoid is elevated to 22, liver enzymes hi, and other bloodwork issues hi and low. The good thing is i have multiple tests starting in late November where my bloodwork was literally perfect at 5"11 205 lbs male. December we killed an elk loaded with ticks and i also cut my finger gutting him and took a face full of stomach bile. Since then my bloodwork starting with onset of colitis symptoms and er visit has gone awry!!! b12 way hi etc...***...i am so confused, healthy as can be to no idea plus all the symptoms and pains of lyme yet negative test 3 times. maybe is hould have igenx do the full work up!!! any input anyone...seems im feeling a bit better on the doxy but i need answers....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2017, 11:49 AM   #2
DDT1
(male)

DDT1 HB User
Re: Totally confused, 3 negative Lyme pos Epstein BArr

nevermind, got clarity on carrier of EBV but not active which i was told is common.

Old 06-06-2017, 03:44 PM   #3
RedMoss

RedMoss HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDT1 View Post
I am so confused, healthy as can be to no idea plus all the symptoms and pains of lyme yet negative test 3 times. maybe i should have igenx do the full work up!!! any input anyone...seems im feeling a bit better on the doxy but i need answers....

Hi DDT,

Possible tick related disease other than Lyme?

I've noticed it has been 3 months since you posted. I was wondering if the doxy has helped/cured your problem?

My friend was bit by ticks three years ago and had the classic ring marking around each bite site; however, the antibody tests for lyme came back negative. She is still having issues like yours to this day.

I've come across what is commonly referred to as Lyme Co-infections (even without the lyme) while researching other tick related diseases. Unfortunately, much like the lyme test, many of the tests for these co-infections are expensive and unreliable.

From what I have read, doxy works on some of these co-infections. Do you think that feeling better using doxy after tick exposure is a good sign that your being treated correctly?

Last edited by RedMoss; 06-06-2017 at 03:45 PM.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:03 PM   #4
DDT1
(male)

DDT1 HB User

I felt much better after for weeks of doxy but still having symptoms so started again for two weeks and am now on 28 days of Iv rocephin. Two weeks in and started feeling better and then worse herxing I'm assuming. Up and down now and looking at starting abx for babesia as symptoms match that as well. I hate every second of this and am sure your friend does as well. I think longterm abx is the answer not the stupid **** the cdc puts out there

Reply Reply