It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Not just tired, but exhausted

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-27-2017, 11:05 AM   #1
    MandaMC
    (female)

MandaMC HB User
    Not just tired, but exhausted

Hello. Let me explain my thread title, I am not just tired from the fatigue of Lyme and Babesia. I am exhausted from putting on the "I am not sick" show. Does anyone else feel this way? Am I losing my mind?

I have been sick for about 10 months now. And much of the little energy I have is spent working and "looking" well. I am fortunate that I get to work from home most days - work for a couple of hours then lay down, repeat. But one day a week, I do have to go to the office. So the "I am well" show starts promptly at 7:30 am on those days. My boss would fire me if they knew how sick I truly am. (They fired someone for posting on ** that they were thinking of changing careers. Poof. My disease would be a liability to them for sure.) Then when I get home, the show continues for my spouse. When he sees glimpses of how sick I am, he tries to take me to the hospital. What are they going to do?!

My friends mean well. But I have lost count of the times I have heard. "We need to do something when you get better." So on the off chance I have enough energy to see them, it is completely spent trying not to look too sick. Nobody wants to spend time with a sick person who is too tired to move.

Pretty much the only time I can be "sick" me is when I am alone. It is exhausting.

Even around my immediate family the show must go on. I have a younger sibling who has an auto immune disease and after being on the transplant list for 5 years, he just received a transplant (which is an amazing gift). But his 17 year illness has worn on all of us. And no one has the energy left to deal with my illness.

I've gotten so used to putting on the show that I even do it for my doctor (who treats me with all of the care and compassion in the world).

Will this ever end? I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired... Thanks for reading this. Please let me know if you can relate.

Last edited by MandaMC; 04-27-2017 at 11:06 AM.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: MandaMC
    sweetpotato13 (05-01-2017),tess201 (05-01-2017)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2017, 11:02 AM   #2
    tess201
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB User
    Re: Not just tired, but exhausted

Unfortunately, this is a difficulty that many "lymies" face because LD is still not widely accepted in the medical community and when it is those who treat are most often woefully uninformed. I hope that you are being seen by an LLMD!

Do a lot of research on lyme so that you can advocate for yourself and explain to others how they can best assist you. Also, try to stay positive because emotional states are notorious for bringing on lyme "flares".

Detoxing is vitally important to your treatment and can also help with the symptoms you experience, fatigue and such. Support groups in your community would be beneficial, if they exist. Other lymies are the best source of information and bolstering when you need it.

Hugs,

Tess

Reply Reply