It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Lyme and Neurological Issues

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-25-2017, 04:29 PM   #1
    coconat
    (female)

coconat HB User
    Lightbulb Lyme and Neurological Issues

Hello everyone! I'm new here and I have a pretty specific question, but I'll give you a little bit of a preface first. So, over the last year I've been having some alarming symptoms come and go, which seem to mimic MS. However, I have no lesions on my brain (as of last fall) so it's ruled out at the moment. I'm here to explore my options because I'm at my wit's end after a solid year of feeling like crap with no answers. I have been tested for Lyme twice in the last year and both came out negative as far as I know, but I know the basic test for Lyme is pretty inaccurate.

My question is: Do the neurological symptoms of Lyme occur in the same place every time they occur like they would with MS? For instance, my left leg below the knee is tingly and numb and my right wrist is very weak and shaky when I'm having a "flare" of symptoms. These two symptoms are always prevalent in the same spot every time I'm having a flare of symptoms. Does this happen with Lyme or are your neurological symptoms all over the place? Does Lyme have "flares" or periods that are worse?

Thanks for your time!

PS: Symptoms are: FATIGUE, migraines, muscle aches, numbness and tingling, muscle spasms, dizziness/vertigo, poor balance, cognitive issues along with memory loss, random shooting pains, blurry vision, muscle weakness, tremors, etc etc etc...

Symptoms started/stopped: August 2016-October 2016, December 2016-February 2018, and beginning of September 2017- present

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2017, 07:34 AM   #2
    tess201
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB User
    Re: Lyme and Neurological Issues

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coconat View Post

My question is: Do the neurological symptoms of Lyme occur in the same place every time they occur like they would with MS? For instance, my left leg below the knee is tingly and numb and my right wrist is very weak and shaky when I'm having a "flare" of symptoms. These two symptoms are always prevalent in the same spot every time I'm having a flare of symptoms. Does this happen with Lyme or are your neurological symptoms all over the place? Does Lyme have "flares" or periods that are worse?
    It can be either. LD affects every system of the body, but there is no way to conclude that symptoms always occur in a certain way with each individual.

Yes, lyme definitely will result in "flares".

Best,

Tess

Last edited by tess201; 09-28-2017 at 07:35 AM.

Old 12-28-2017, 07:39 AM   #3
    dganz
    (female)

dganz HB Userdganz HB User
    Re: Lyme and Neurological Issues

Hi. When I was ill in 2010 I not only had 30+ symptoms from the lyme list, but had severe neurological issues. I was not going to accept a diagnosis of MS or parkinsons. The inner tremors were so unnerving, I didn't think I could live. I also had twitching in my face, lips and legs. My legs still twitch 24/7 sine 2010. However, I sought help from a LLMD who saved my life. Still have issues, but can live life. Lyme did take away my ability to type somewhat good (used to be really good at it) and my handwriting is now bad. Continue on the journey and I hope you get the relief you need

Reply Reply