It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Question about Results

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-01-2018, 02:56 PM   #1
    Termoyl2000
    (male)

Termoyl2000 HB User
    Question about Results

Hi everyone! I'm new here, I actually just found this board for the first time and have a few questions if there's anyone that's knowledgeable enough to answer. I recently walked into a LabCorp because I was convinced I had Lyme based on a lot of symptoms. After a few days they told me the test Reflexed and I had to have another, then it came back with the following positives on the Western Blot:

IgM P41, IgM P39, IgM P23

I immediately went to my primary care doctor, in which is taking care of me at the moment. She had to draw five more vials of blood, saying that it could be anything from Lyme to MS to Rheumatoid.

The only time I can remember being tick bitten was in May of 2013 on a camping trip, but I don't know how long the tick was on me. I didn't have any neurological or serious symptoms though until I visited a chiropractor in 2015. I read that a lot of times this can let the disease loose.

My doctor prescribed me 100 MG Doxycycline (orally), and I've read that isn't really effective for late stage Lyme, but I swear I'm feeling better from it. I'm not the type of person that feels better just from placebo, I know for a fact after only 3 days of taking the anti-biotics I am better.

So I suppose my question is this, is it possible that this actually IS Lyme, or could it theoretically be something else that the Doxycycline is remedying that quickly? My nephropathy in my hands have decreased and I'm actually feeling tingling in my spine; something I haven't felt in years. I can also tell that there are places in my body that I had gone numb (probably nerve damage) that feels like it's healing, I'm just really surprised in the short amount of time. I'm almost pain free, and it's making me curious as to why it's happening so quickly. Thanks so much, I appreciate you all taking the time to read this.

Kiera

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2018, 09:29 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Question about Results

Hi Kiera,
    One thing I can tell you for sure is that there is no way antibiotics would help MS....as a MSer myself, no antibiotic can help as it is an autoimmune disease.

You certainly could be feeling better on the doxy if it is Lymes...however, Lymes can go dormant and then pop up again at any time...you should be under the care of a LLMD (lyme literate doctor) who can treat Lymes long term.

Keep in mind that there is a big chance that a Western Blot can give you a false positive or negative; it is a well known fact that Lyme is not always found via Western Blot. There is another lab- Igenex- which specializes in Lyme diagnosis's. You might want to read the Lymes board here for more information and talk to your doctor about finding a LLMD...

I am glad you are feeling better!

Old 06-27-2018, 11:06 PM   #3
    Termoyl2000
    (male)

Termoyl2000 HB User

Thanks for the response! I actually finished my 28 day dose of Doxycycline, and Iíve felt better up until recently. About a week ago I started feeling week again. After days of searching, I remembered the Igenex lab that you recommended. I just ordered the test kit. My doctor ended up telling me that I had tested positive for rheumatoid, but I think Iíll feel more comfortable knowing Lyme is ruled out.

Thanks again!

Kiera

Old 08-20-2018, 01:00 PM   #4
    dganz
    (female)

dganz HB Userdganz HB User

Hello,

Just know that testing is not always gospel. I only tested positive on Igenex band 22 and was told I did not have lyme despite having over 35+ symptoms from the standard list. Saw 3 docs said no lyme. Went to LLMD and was diagnosed based on symptoms and band 22. But it took about a year after bitten and inflicted with severe neuro symptoms. LLMD put me on high dose abx for about 9 months. Lots of supplements too to combat the gut issues associated with abx. 100mg of abx is not enough especially for later stage diagnosis. Hope you get the help you need. I was not willing to accept a diagnosis of MS or something else. I knew in my heart it was lyme. I am about 85% better, but some things won't go away like neurophhy, can't spell or type well anymore. But I'm happy to be able to live because before life wasn't worth living. Felt like I was dying.

Reply Reply