It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Fibromyalgia and Lyme disease - Any recommendations please to ease symptoms.

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-05-2019, 12:11 PM   #1
    BAHAMAS
    (male)

BAHAMAS HB User
    Fibromyalgia and Lyme disease - Any recommendations please to ease symptoms.

My girlfriend has fibromyalgia as well as Lyme disease , and what she has said and what I have read the symptoms of Lyme disease make fibromyalgia feel worse. What I would like to find out is there anything that anyone has done and can recommend That will lessen her symptoms.

Thank you Craig

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2019, 08:55 AM   #2
    pc920
    Inactive
    (female)

pc920 HB User
    Re: Fibromyalgia and Lyme disease - Any recommendations please to ease symptoms.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BAHAMAS View Post
    My girlfriend has fibromyalgia as well as Lyme disease , and what she has said and what I have read the symptoms of Lyme disease make fibromyalgia feel worse. What I would like to find out is there anything that anyone has done and can recommend That will lessen her symptoms.

Thank you Craig
    I had fibromyalgia since the 1980s, and Lyme disease since 2007. A healthy lifestyle is the only thing that ever helped me.

When I first got fibromyalgia the doctors I saw didn't know what it was. They told me the pain was because of old age (I was 30), or else they thought it was psychological. I diagnosed myself many years later, after reading about it.

Now days if you are diagnosed with fibromyalgia you might be given some pretty awful drugs. Watch out for that.

Fibromyalgia often results from some kind of trauma like a neck injury (mine did). Yoga and chiropractic, and things like that, can help.

When I first got Lyme it was very bad, maybe because fibromyalgia makes you more vulnerable? Yoga and chiropractic can be good for both.

Old 06-18-2019, 04:39 PM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Fibromyalgia and Lyme disease - Any recommendations please to ease symptoms.

Is your girlfriend seeing a Rheumatologist for the Fibro? What do they suggest?

Fibro is a recognized disease; however it is also a "catch all" for sporadic muscle pain...because Lyme also attacks the muscles- it can be even more painful then having lyme alone.

Lyme is treated with heavy doses of Doxy (an antibiotic) where as Fibro is not treatable; however, there are drugs which can ease the symptoms... is your GF on any of them? If not, its time for her to see her doctor and ask for help.

Old 06-18-2019, 05:34 PM   #4
    BAHAMAS
    (male)

BAHAMAS HB User
    Re: Fibromyalgia and Lyme disease

Thanks for your reply - no she is not on any drugs or medications

She also has IBS and Migraine headaches so as you probably know she has to watch everything she put us into her body, She has being on heavy doses of doxycycline (twice for six weeks) but she does not think that helped her lyme.

Last edited by Administrator; 06-18-2019 at 06:28 PM.

Old 06-19-2019, 10:10 AM   #5
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: Fibromyalgia and Lyme disease

Dear BAHAMAS,

It's great that you are there for her. Lyme's is like flu that never goes away. She needs peace and calm in her life so she can deal with this.

There is at present no cure for Lyme's, but a healthy diet and exercise and adequate rest does help a lot. I know people with Lyme's that with regular rest lead normal lives. This is just something she has to learn to live with. Make sure to handle your own anxiety so it doesn't spill over on her.

Reply Reply