It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• tick bite

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-18-2019, 07:44 AM   #1
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
    tick bite

last week as I was changing clothes something was itching the back of my leg. It seemed to be a tick, I pulled it off but it just looked flat and round, it didn't look puffed up with blood and I didn't see legs or a head. I'm not even sure it was a tick, but what else could it be? It left a red spot, the size of a pin point. I've been watching it, it hasn't gotten infected or a bullseye rash. I don't think it could have been on more than a few hours. Someone at work told me if you don't get the head out it can grow another body. I don't believe that, but it's creepy. What happens if the head is still in there and I didn't get it out? It doesn't look bad, I'm thinking I don't have to do anything else?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2019, 04:43 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: tick bite

Hi Rose... you do not have to worry about the tick growing back...thats not going to happen.

But, you can pull off the body without getting the entire tick ... being that you didnt see any legs on it, I am willing to guess this was not a tick. But, if you are that concerned, go see your GP and ask them to take a look. Unfortunately it sounds like its in a spot which is hard to see!

Let a doctor take a look under a magnifying light..then you'll know for sure if there is anything to worry about.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:24 AM   #3
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

thanks MSNik
    I didn't believe the thing about growing back, shudders.....
    glad you confirmed THAT LOL
    if it wasn't a tick, what else could it be that attached to me like that?

Old 06-19-2019, 09:46 AM   #4
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

Dear rosequartz,

There are other tiny black critters, nothing at all like a tick.
    It could even have been a tiny black seed that stuck to your skin.

Relax, hon, you removed it.

Old 06-19-2019, 11:52 AM   #5
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

it looked like a seed but I'm thinking more like a bug. I didn't know a seed could attach to your leg, and I was wearing pants, so it had crawled up to mid-thigh. I don't think a seed could have done that!
    I'm so freaked out I am checking myself everytime I come in from outside!

Reply Reply