It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Infectious Disease DR. and Lyme Disease

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-26-2019, 03:29 PM   #1
    LinnieM
    (female)

LinnieM HB User
    Angry Infectious Disease DR. and Lyme Disease

Hello everyone,
    I've had Lyme Disease on and off for years. Sometimes it was due to a bite and other times it was a recurrence of a previous infection. I've also contracted Babesia once.
    Last month my Western Blot test showed band 23 to be IgM positive. And I am in pain with my shoulders, wrists, neck and have bad fatigue. My doctor said to wait a few weeks and retest since I have taken so many antibiotics. So, I decided to go back to the Infectious Disease doctor who tested me positive for Babesia two years ago. He was not big on discussing Lyme though. However, this time he did several Lyme tests.
    He called to tell me that all came back normal and my symptoms could be a result of hormones or weather change.
    When I sent the results to my regular doctor he told me to go to the lab and take another Lyme test with the Western Blot, because the Infectious Disease Dr. did not use the proper testing for Lyme. He said this happened to two other patients of his who went to Infectious Disease doctors.
    If I wasn't in so much pain and so tired and anxious, I would be glad to hear I do not have Lyme. But I know how I feel and if it comes out positive again, my regular doctor will treat me once more with antibiotics. I will also begin an herbal protocol. I am grateful that my regular doctor is willing to do the proper tests and treat me again.
    I really wish that all doctors, esp. Infectious Disease doctors would be required to take a course about Lyme Disease, the testing and gauging the symptoms of the patients. I feel as if I wasted my time and money and to be told it is the weather when I have been in pain for years and fatigued for months, is really not helpful at all. I cannot afford to go to someone who doesn't accept insurance which also weeds out the middle class range of sufferers. What a difficult disease Lyme turned out to be in the health community.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: LinnieM
    tess201 (09-28-2019)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2019, 11:04 PM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: Infectious Disease DR. and Lyme Disease

Dear LinnieM,

It really is a shame that so many doctors that take insurance have no or too little practical experience and knowledge of some very common issues such as Lyme's and how about the very common issues such as thyroid and how about all of the other hormones as well?

Not all doctors are of the same very narrow mindset, but really this is disgusting of the medical community that they can be so uneducated and illogical.

I would think that doctors would open their minds and get better educated and take a stand!

Old 09-28-2019, 06:41 AM   #3
    tess201
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB User

Linnie,

So sorry to hear that this has happened once again to another Lyme patient - to be given incorrect information by a medical practitioner who doesn't understand LD. That this serious disease isn't covered by insurance is another travesty. Have you considered alternative protocols? There are many lyme sufferers, myself included, who have found healing from them or in combination with abx.

Wishing you all the best,

Tess

Old 09-28-2019, 05:13 PM   #4
    Redbone32
    (female)

Redbone32 HB User

Hi LinnieM,

I am sorry that you have to endure that from your ID doctor. I hate to say but I have similar encounter where I was advocating for my health treatment and the ID doctor basically told me that I did not have to come into the office because the only thing that they can do for me was to give me antibiotics which I was already prescribed twice already. Unfortunately, ID doctors do not have enough knowledge or education on how to approach and treat patients with lyme disease. I too suffer from fatigue, joint pain and short term memory loss. My primary care doctor just referred me to do a sleep study.

Feel better and all the best,
    Rose.

Reply Reply