It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Help Understanding Lyme Results

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-23-2020, 06:24 AM   #1
    samsasm
    (female)

samsasm HB User
    Help Understanding Lyme Results

I have been struggling with health issues that started March 2018 after I had the flu. Since then, I have been dealing with overall nerve tightening in upper and lower body (carpal tunnel syndrome, cubital tunnel syndrome, legs fall asleep with even slight of pressure, piriformis syndrome, unexplained migratory arm pain, and recently joint pain in hands and toes as of two weeks ago.

Autoimmune work up negative in 2018.

Just received negative results for ANA Direct, RA latex turbid, and CCP Antibodies. ESR /sedimentation rate is elevated which COULD suggest an active infection or autoimmine.

Lyme test 3/3/2020 - with IgM 0.95 (equivocal). No bands show for IgG or IgM, so I was informed that the results are negative overall.

Lyme test 3/12/2020 (it was re-run due to error/incompetency of my doctor's office, though can't complain about it) - IgM 0.88 (still equivocal). IgG P18 band shows up - so overall still negative according to CDC.

Looking for some guidance in interpretation here. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2020, 01:42 PM   #2
    tess201
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB User
    Re: Help Understanding Lyme Results

Many with LD test negative. This is why lyme is primarily diagnosed by symptoms. If you feel your symptoms suggest you may be infected, I would advise seeing an LLMD (lyme literate medical doctor).

Wishing you well with this,

Tess

Reply Reply