It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Fatigue and Lyme Disease

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-19-2021, 04:06 PM   #1
    comeonnow
    Veteran
    (female)

comeonnow HB User
    Fatigue and Lyme Disease

Several years ago I apparently was bitten by a tick (although I was unaware of it when it was on me) and I went to the doctor because I had a fever in the spring/summer. He thought maybe I was having a heart attack (the EKG he did in the office showed different results from a previous EKG) and sent me to the ER. They didn't know what was wrong with me there and it was my husband and I who came to the conclusion that I must have been bitten by a tick since I was outside a lot. I went back to the dr where I was tested for LD and it came up positive, after which I was put on doxycycline for a month.

Over the past several years I have gotten more and more tired and barely feel like getting out of bed anymore. It really is a struggle to get up and face the day. Just a couple months ago I had the dr test me for lyme (I have no idea if you can show positive after this long of a period after being treated for a month for it) and she said it came up negative. Soooo...could my fatigue be caused by LD even though I don't really have it? This is all so confusing. I'm just trying to find an answer for why I'm so tired all of the time. The dr suggested I see a psychiatrist or psychologist because I also have depression, but I just feel like it isn't being caused by that. I also have sleep apnea for which I used a cpap machine. I don't know why but I keep going back to the LD thinking it's the cause of my fatigue, just don't have a certain reason why I feel that way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply