It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Pos. Lyme test for my daughter Sarah plus she complained of facial numbness...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-29-2004, 04:43 PM   #1
    LupieOne
    Inactive
    (female)

LupieOne HB User
    Pos. Lyme test for my daughter Sarah plus she complained of facial numbness...

A quick update while I can still get online...(we move tomorrow...I'm lying on the floor...all furniture and stuff are gone save for the comp and tv and an a/c!)

Sarah's test-Western Blot-came back postive for Lyme Disease-which we already knew she has, but at least this confirms it and we know she is getting the right treatment.

This morn she complained of her face feeling numb and tingly...which isn't a good sign and one I know to watch out for. I know facial paralysis is common in Lyme Disease, but I am so afraid for her and how upset and scared it will make her if she is getting that side-effect!
    I didn't dare tell her anything about it...just told her it will be fine.
    I STILL have yet to break down...inside I am crying, but on the outter, I can't let her see how upset and worried I am.

Cathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2004, 06:22 PM   #2
    dancergirl587
    Veteran

dancergirl587 HB User
    Re: Pos. Lyme test for my daughter Sarah plus she complained of facial numbness...

I'm so sorry! I had the "Bell's palsey" also, Mine lasted a few hours and basiclly cleared up minus my eye kinda droops some still. If Sarah ever wants to chat lemme know! I know it helps to talk to ppl going through the same thing! And im sure it helps her to be able to talk to you about it. Goodluck! And if you need to take some time when you're aloan and let yourself cry.it can be good for ya! I know sometimes it helps me!

Old 07-04-2004, 05:20 AM   #3
    velvet48
    Veteran
    (female)

velvet48 HB User
    Re: Pos. Lyme test for my daughter Sarah plus she complained of facial numbness...

hi, i also had bells palsey. mine lasted 7 weeks. my lyme test back then came back negative, so i was oly treated for the bells palsey and not the lyme until 6 years later. i know how scarey the bells palsey can be. good luck and hopefully your daughter will not get any more numbness or tingling in her face.
    karen

Old 07-04-2004, 08:59 AM   #4
    Komondor
    Inactive

Komondor HB User

Hi Lupieone,
    I get the tingling and numbness in my face but it has never progressed to bells palsey. I have had this for a few years... and many others have this too so hopefully it will go away soon. I also get twitching around my chin and mouth area.

Try not to worry. I know that is difficult especially for a mom... but numbness and tingling does not necessarily mean Sarah will experience bells palsey.

Good luck with your move and I hope Sarah is feeling better very soon.
    Stacey

Old 07-09-2004, 06:06 PM   #5
    timlea

timlea HB User

I was 29 when I got lymes . . . My wife insisted I go to the emergency room when the left side of my face started drooping . . . and I lost feeling. The nurse was a Mayo 1 nurse (there between helicopter flights between mayo in Rochester MN, and the occassional bad accident), he looked at me and said after squeezing my hands "You have bells paulsy, and you are too young to have it normally, you probably have lymes disease."

I got on the table . . . the doctor said the same thing (first he thought I was having a stroke). They took blood . . and a few days later . . . sure enough . . . I had enough spyrocetes in my system to more than likely kill me without treatment.

Bells can be permanent . . . I was lucky . . . it only lasted a few months. The longer it goes undiagnosed the worse it gets.

Good luck . . . get her back in if they don't give her more antibiotics . . . if they refuse to . . . get another doctor. Seriously . . . this is bad stuff if she has lymes, she could be dissfigured for life by Bells if not treated.

Closed Thread