It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Went to see Dr. Horowitz yesterday

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-03-2004, 07:03 AM   #1
    kimoo1

kimoo1 HB User
    Went to see Dr. Horowitz yesterday

Husband and I went to check out Lyme, we both have RA and I also have Lupus,Fibro, bla bla bla. We saw the PA she was great, took a History ,checked us over and then told us With what we told her about our symptoms it sounds like Lyme and Babesiosis, we had our blood drawn an sent to IGgnex I think that's it. Should know the results in 2-3 weeks so we go back to see them then. Before we left Dr. Horowitz came in an had a talk with us. They changed my meds alittle, and gave me some supplements to help with the herx because he wants me to get off the Prednisone as soon as possible, so my own Adrenal gland can help again or something like that. I asked about IV's or shots and they said they like to give the pill form and not the IV's will find out what is next,, Nov.23 I think is our next appt. Kim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2004, 11:33 AM   #2
    ticker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
    Re: Went to see Dr. Horowitz yesterday

Hi Kim001, I am very glad to hear that your appointments went well I am sure you feel some relief. It is good he wants you to go off the prednisone. I know that people who have Lyme should not take it because it can make symptoms worse.

Try not to go crazy waiting for results! Easier said than done, I know. You and your husband are on your way to better days. Keep us posted.

Old 11-04-2004, 10:09 AM   #3
    Komondor
    Inactive

Komondor HB User
    Re: Went to see Dr. Horowitz yesterday

Hi kimoo1,
    I too am glad to hear you went to see Dr. H. I hope you and your hubby are feeling better very soon.

Also, not sure how far you are from PA but Dr. H is speaking at the Southern PA conference on Sunday. I am sure you can find out the details by calling his office or your local support group if you would like to attend.

Hang in there - better days are ahead.

Last edited by Komondor; 11-04-2004 at 11:09 AM.

Closed Thread