It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Make sure to drink plenty of water...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-20-2004, 10:21 PM   #1
    CFD 333
    Inactive
    (male)

CFD 333 HB User
    Make sure to drink plenty of water...

I just wanted to remind you all of one of the simplest things that most of us forget--drink plenty of water...It seems to me that we need more water than most people and more importantly more than we used to drink. Especially in the winter, I've noticed that I will often forget to drink much water throughout the day and most of the time I'm not even thirsty. The past couple of days, I found myself often getting weird symptoms like headaches, dizzyness, and early morning fatigue. I realized eventually that I haven't been drinking much water lately and that these symptoms were my bodies cry for water. After I downed 3-4 glasses of water, I actually started to feel much better! Seems to me in order to flush these toxins out, we need more and more water...especially when on antibiotics. I'm now trying to drink as much as I can to the point where I need to use the bathroom every hour. This is regarded by many as the proper amount of water consumption. Also, try to stay away from caffeine and alcohol as these will only serve to dry you out further. So, if you experiencing any weird sensations, don't forget to try and down a few glasses of water before reaching in the medicine cabinet. You never know when you may have forgotten this commonly ignored vital nutrient.

Last edited by CFD 333; 12-20-2004 at 10:23 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2004, 10:29 PM   #2
    braazil

braazil HB User
    Re: Make sure to drink plenty of water...

Thanks-that is vital information!

Old 12-20-2004, 10:49 PM   #3
    fotomom
    Veteran
    (female)

fotomom HB User

Just curious? How much do you drink a day?

With my IC I was encouraged to drink 60-80oz a day, and honestly it made my bladder symptions worse. I only drink about 20 oz (if that) and I think I do better with less, espically with my bladder IC.

I know I should drink more than that though.... 40oz is a good day here.

Old 12-21-2004, 04:34 AM   #4
    skywalkerbeth
    (female)

skywalkerbeth HB User

amen to that!

I am now making myself drink 8 cups a day. I have a 2 hour timer set at work, I have to drink a bottle of 2 cups of water in this time. by the end of the work day I am up to 8 cups. I do use the bathroom a lot though, but it's wel worth it. I see it as flushing the toxins away!

Old 12-21-2004, 06:05 AM   #5
    ncgirl88
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ncgirl88 HB User

Thanks for the reminder Lamotta - the last few days I have gotten caught up in projects and have forgotten to drink as much...I did experience dizziness and weirdness - thought it was the minocin but after drinking a ton of water as it suggests too when taking Minocin I started feeling better...

Old 12-21-2004, 06:08 AM   #6
    laurie864bla
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

laurie864bla HB User

The formula for health, just everyday intake to be healthy is 4oz/10 lbs of body weight. Everyone has their own formula based on this. If you have a h'ache, up it. If you exercise, up it. If you have a disease like Lyme, up it. If you are on antibiotics, up it. Our bodies are made of water for the most part and hardly anyone drinks enough. I know it is hard to do and when I actually do it, I live in the bathroom! But that is the formula, so calculate yours today and happy peeing!!---Laurie

Old 12-21-2004, 08:02 AM   #7
    SpreadItAround

SpreadItAround HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by laurie864bla
    The formula for health, just everyday intake to be healthy is 4oz/10 lbs of body weight. Everyone has their own formula based on this. If you have a h'ache, up it. If you exercise, up it. If you have a disease like Lyme, up it. If you are on antibiotics, up it. Our bodies are made of water for the most part and hardly anyone drinks enough. I know it is hard to do and when I actually do it, I live in the bathroom! But that is the formula, so calculate yours today and happy peeing!!---Laurie
    Happy peeing. Too funny...

Closed Thread