It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• raising body temperature

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-12-2005, 12:28 PM   #1
    sleeperwoken
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sleeperwoken HB User
    raising body temperature

I was reading one of the books recommended here and got to the chapter on low body temperature. The doctor claims that absolutely nothing works right in your body when your temp is low. My temp is always low and has been for as long as I can remember.

My thyroid medication does not bring my temp up. A hot bath will not bring my temp up. Does anyone have any ideas on this or any suggestions for raising the body temperature?

thanks. Hope you're all feeling well today.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2005, 01:21 PM   #2
    ncgirl88
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ncgirl88 HB User
    Re: raising body temperature

The only thing that has helped me with body temperature is the antibiotics...after taking Mepron and Zithromax for three weeks my body temp. started coming back up. Nothing else seemed to help me.

Old 01-12-2005, 03:26 PM   #3
    ticker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Some people have low body temperatures as their norm. Thyroid problems and Lyme can lower the temperature.

Exercise will increase body temperature at least temporarily. You need to listen to your body about how much exercise to attempt.

Old 01-12-2005, 04:21 PM   #4
    cjFTWORTH
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cjFTWORTH HB User

well, the most i could find was to try liberal use of ginger, cayenne and other spicy herbs to help restore a normal body temperature. It suggested as a relief for some with hypothyroidism.
    hard to find anything about low body temp and solutions. is your iron up ok?

fyi, got a great book yesterday - prescription for nutritional healing by balch. great starting place for me i think.
    cj

Old 01-13-2005, 12:25 PM   #5
    sleeperwoken
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sleeperwoken HB User

I love that book! It has so much information in it, I have had that reference for years. Why didn't I think to look there? I have ginger tea, I'm going to try it and see if that works. Thanks for searching, I appreciate it. Haven't been in a good frame of mind for long internet searches.

I feel so cold all the time, it's terrible. Especially now that it's winter. Although, I have to say, in some ways I'm glad it's winter becuase my skin is so much happier now that the sun is away. That doxy is tough on the skin. I still wear sunscreen every day, but at least now it actually works. In the summer I had to stay inside all the time because even a little exposure was no good and the sunscreen didn't stop me from burning.

Old 01-13-2005, 02:48 PM   #6
    cjFTWORTH
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cjFTWORTH HB User

another groan... for me.
    i've been reading over and over about doxy and sun but for some reason it just hit me...
    stay in the moment, cj. may not even fo on doxy. but, dang that would impede much opportunity.
    sorry for you. and for all, ALL, the others who've been dealing with this for long periods of time. i've read of the red raw knuckles, etc. but for some reason, with spring around the summer and your comment about seasons, it just hit me.
    this sitting and waiting is pretty weird. i a bit manic with the research, etc. but it's keeping me busy.
    on to a possibly very cool lead for treatment/doc/etc... will fill ya in later.
    sw, do what you gotta do to get back to a good place. think about you and others here on the board throughout the day...
    we just did a very cool, fun outreach this weekend and it sure gave me perspective. took a grill down where we have to shelters for the homeless. we just park in a lot, and people come in droves. but this was really nice. early january and a pretty day. grilled dogs, gave out sacks of food to take for later with fruit, nuts, sweets, etc. put out a few chairs, some blankets and just hung out with the homeless. had some tracts and bibles for those that wanted them. we had more kids/teens with us than adults which was obviously very refreshing to our 'guests'. just several families that got together to go down there. usually try to go when it's real cold or real hot with appropriate relief but this was a refreshing experience. people aren't aloud to congregate/loiter around that area.. cops patrol constantly. but if a group comes down to feed them, they can hang there. so they appreciated a place to chill out and i had a great time! never did get a dog... hmm.. all those yummy nitrates...
    anyway, did give me a perspective that i needed...
    do what you gotta do and if it isn't working, you just have to give in and allow yourself to feel what you feel..
    i'm quietly getting down off my soapbox.. i can just so easily see how this disease can ravish your mind and body and when you think you have one moving in the right direction, it hits the other... and bam! there you go again.
    so t-a-k-e c-a-r-e of yourself. cj

Closed Thread