It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Is dizziness Lyme related? Is there such a thing as "Lyme rages"?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-13-2005, 05:56 PM   #1
    TINUVIEL
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TINUVIEL HB User
    Question Is dizziness Lyme related? Is there such a thing as "Lyme rages"?

Hi,

Yesterday around early evening I suddenly started feeling dizzy, like every time I would move the whole world would start "swimming". It was like that this morning too, and only now (around 9 PM) is it just starting to subside.

I've had dizziness like this occasionally over the past several years, but I had always woken up with it, wheras this started in the PM. Has anyone else had this and do you know if it is common to Lyme or maybe something unrelated?

Also, during the last few months I noticed myself getting really angry, and having outbursts which I had always been able to control before. Also headaches. This is odd for me. I realize that this whole situation is stressful, but it seems disproportionate. Then I started reading about "Lyme rages" having to do with the neurological effects of Lyme. Has anyone else heard of this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2005, 06:26 PM   #2
    sleeperwoken
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sleeperwoken HB User
    Re: Is dizziness Lyme related? Is there such a thing as "Lyme rages"?

Hi tinuviel, it sounds like you're having a rough time, I'm sorry. What have you been doing lately? Are you working really hard or trying to do a lot? I'm asking because you sound like your body is taxed out. I don't think lyme has ever directly cause these problems for me that you are having, but the result of being depleted by the lyme causes it. I'm sorry I'm not good at explaining sometimes, but what I mean is that I don't think the spirochete is directly attacking or affecting something as much as your body is tired and stressed from being sick and you may be deficient in something because of that. You need more vitamins than someone without a parasite and you need a lot more water.

One of my friends has a bad yeast problem and these things you're describing happen when the yeast flares up. Make sure you are killing yeast and taking probiotics. Also, this same friend says that her naturopath told her to do a liver cleanse when she gets angry. She said she rages when her liver is overloaded with toxins.

I hope you are able to get a hold of the rage. That's bad for everyone! Listen to some music and try to meditate a little or something maybe. Hope you get some answers soon. Hang in there, I'm rooting for you over here.

Old 02-13-2005, 08:04 PM   #3
    TINUVIEL
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TINUVIEL HB User

Hi Sleeperwoken,

Thanks for your support and reply.

No, I've not been doing anything strenuous, in fact I've been so wiped out I'm not even out of bed more than a few hours a day.

I'm not on any antibiotics and I'm not currently receiving any medical treatment, so I don't think yeast is involved.

I've been extensively involved for many years in alternative healing methods, and as always I'm still using those.

I am a regular meditator, and spend at least an hour a day with that, but lately even that isn't contolling the "rage attacks", and it is so bizarre I just couldn't help wondering if they could possibly be at least in part biologically related.

A close friend of mine who had Lyme in the past (he was "lucky" and got the rash so they spotted it and treated it immediately) had the same type of dizziness which lasted for months but he had it after the Lyme treatment. But now I hear that Lyme can come back. So I wondered if that too could have anything to do with it.

Old 02-14-2005, 05:25 AM   #4
    ncgirl88
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ncgirl88 HB User

While I know others have said they have had these symptoms with Lyme Disease for me I know that it was the babesia that caused these since when I went through my first month of treatment with babesia being the target I felt considerably better and the dizziness, extreme mood swings, and headaches got considerably better. The headaches for me in this case radiated from the base of my neck up to half way around my head all the way around - it was a sharp radiating pain and I have not had this type of headache since treating it...I do get migraines however still.

I would definitely get tested for babesia through IgeneX if you haven't already.

Take care.

Old 02-14-2005, 12:28 PM   #5
    samaya35
    (male)

samaya35 HB User

Hello Tinuviel,

Go to the Column “Last Post” Left click the mouse on my user name Samaya35.

Go to - Threads started by this user. You will see a thread started “The Neuropsychiatric Assessment of Lyme Disease”

Lyme rages are real. Investigate the link.

Tks for sharing

Old 02-14-2005, 12:33 PM   #6
    Komondor
    Inactive

Komondor HB User

I second Babesia. The anger was babs for me and so was the dizzyness/passing out feeling. Deep muscle pain, neck pain, nausea... are also symptoms.

Old 02-14-2005, 01:57 PM   #7
    TINUVIEL
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TINUVIEL HB User

Hi,

Thanks to everybody for support and replies.

Wow, the Babesiosis info is really hitting home in a big way. And I have never been tested for that. The specific type of headache that ncgirl88 is describing sounds EXACTLY like the type of headache I have been having. And I am someone who otherwise never gets headaches, except I'd go through these peculiar spells where I would have them (and other symptoms together with it) and then suddenly it go away (well not all the way, but the headache at least would stop and everything else would at least subside). But lately it's all gotten way more severe and the headache is not going away. And the dizziness, and yes, the neck pain that too, and the nausea. The headache sort of radiating up out of the stiff neck just like she described, except mine goes up the back and to the top of the head. And the backache. All of these. And the rage thing which is so atypical for me to actually "lose it", it almost feels like someone else is doing it.

Now that I think of it, whenever I would get the headaches it was always along with a flare-up of all the other symptoms. Never during the "quasi-normal" times. I also realize now in retrospect that it usually would all happen during times of increased stress, the sort of time when your immunity falls low and you can't fight off infections as well.

Thanks for the Neuropsychiatric Assessment of Lyme Disease lead. VERY helpful to know.

Komondor- A question, did you actually pass out, or did you just feel like you were going to? I have experienced both, but I did actually pass out at times and am still trying to figure out if fainting is possibly Lyme related.

Closed Thread