It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Had lyme for 5 years, herbals are the cure

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-21-2005, 10:26 PM   #1
    Dave10
    (male)

Dave10 HB User
    Had lyme for 5 years, herbals are my cure

I was diagnosed with lyme disease almost 3 years ago and I had already had lyme for 2 or 3 years prior to the diagnosis. I went on IV antibiotics as well as oral antibiotics for 5 months with only negative results. I felt like I might die if I had to go on another 5 months taking IV antibiotics, so I did some research on herbal treatments for lyme. I took a number of herbals for 3 months and felt cured for about 6 months and had a relapse, then I went back on my treatment for another couple of months and was feeling well for a whole year. Now I am back on treatment again because I felt like some symptons may be coming back, very mild symptons(almost not noticable). Here is a list of some of the herbals I have taken for lyme:
    Pycnogenol
    Olive Leaf Extract
    Aloe Vera juice
    Vitamin B6
    Vitamin B12
    Trimethylglycine
    Purozyme (great for bacteria toxin detox, includes Protease, Bala herb, White willow, red clover, alfalfa, sarsaparilla, dandelion, burdock, and a bunch of others)
    Blue Green Algae
    Cat's Claw
    Ester C
    shittake mushroom
    Grape seed extract
    liquid clorophyl
    immune stimulators

I also mainly eat organic foods.

Last edited by Dave10; 03-21-2005 at 10:54 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2005, 04:27 AM   #2
    sleeperwoken
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sleeperwoken HB User
    Re: Had lyme for 5 years, herbals are the cure

Hi Dave, welcome to the board. Thanks for the input on herbals, I'm glad you found something that makes you feel well. How much cat's claw do you take? I take that too but have heard so many different reports on the required dose.

I bet all those things cost a lot of money, I take some of what you listed and find it to be very expensive. Do you have a naturopath doctor or are you doing all this on your own?

Old 03-22-2005, 09:01 AM   #3
    Dave10
    (male)

Dave10 HB User

I take 80mg of cat's claw twice a day. I have seen a few doctors about the herbals and alternative medicine and many of them have given silmiar suggestions. The main herbalist I see is Pat Bunch in Durham, NC.
    As far as price goes, its not too expensive, and how can you put a price on your health?

Old 03-22-2005, 10:19 AM   #4
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the board. It is nice to know that more than one person is taking this approach. I was on Rocephin and thought it was starting to work but had to come off it because of liver problems. Now I am on Doxy and not seeing much improvement. If you have been reading the threads for a while you know that takemylife is following a supplement protocol too. I'm not exactly sure of everything he is taking right now but he seems to be doing pretty good. I am thinking of going this route and hope to see the same progress. Maybe he will check in and compare notes with you as to what he is taking besides the enzymes to clear up the bacteria and die-off. He did have a horrible initial reaction to the cat's claw so is now off of it until he feels his body can tolerate it or is on the mend. Do you take all of these supplements every day and are any of them combined so you don't have to swallow so much? Just curious.
    Hope you continue to get better. It is so refreshing to hear good stories for a change like yours and takemylife's.
    betterdaysforme

Old 03-22-2005, 11:07 AM   #5
    ncgirl88
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ncgirl88 HB User

Hey Dave10 - Thanks for posting regarding herbal remedies. I will be trying those in the future for sure.

So did you contract tick borne illness in NC or elsewhere? It is amazing to me how many people I am finding in our neck of the woods that are affected with lyme and coinfections or STARI - very interesting.

I am very determined to get DUKE and UNC to start recognizing that this stuff is here. They have their heads in the sand about it. Total Denial.

A woman I met a couple weeks ago said that she called Duke to get a referral for an LLMD in the area - they said there are not any...and that they get calls for LLMDs everyday...HELLO, then maybe there is a problem.

Anyway - I am glad you are on the board Neighbor...keep giving us info. on the alternative path...

Last edited by ncgirl88; 03-22-2005 at 11:08 AM. Reason: punctuation

Old 03-22-2005, 11:07 AM   #6
    ncgirl88
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ncgirl88 HB User

Hey Dave10 - Thanks for posting regarding herbal remedies. I will be trying those in the future for sure.

So did you contract tick borne illness in NC or elsewhere? It is amazing to me how many people I am finding in our neck of the woods that are affected with lyme and coinfections or STARI - very interesting.

I am very determined to get DUKE and UNC to start recognizing that this stuff is here. They have their heads in the sand about it. Total Denial.

A woman I met a couple weeks ago said that she called Duke to get a referral for an LLMD in the area - they said there are not any...and that they get calls for LLMDs everyday...HELLO, then maybe there is a problem.

Anyway - I am glad you are on the board Neighbor...keep giving us info. on the alternative path...

Old 03-22-2005, 03:51 PM   #7
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Hey ncgirl,

I guess we have to get them to stop playing basketball for a while to get them to work on this. Or maybe if Coack K developed lyme we would really have a friend and a free ticket!
    betterdaysforme

Old 03-22-2005, 08:41 PM   #8
    Dave10
    (male)

Dave10 HB User

I am not actually sure where I got the tick because I had been mountain bike racing in 8 different states the summer that I got lyme.
    I take many of the items that I listed everyday, some of them are combined but many are not. I take some of the pills on an empty sthomac and others with food and some are liquid that I mix into a concoction. So, yes its a lot of pills but it beats being hooked up to an IV of antibiotics that don't work. If I take 2 purozyme pills twice a day and drink plenty of water I get almost no herx reactions.

Old 03-23-2005, 05:53 PM   #9
    TickedOffGaLina

TickedOffGaLina HB User

very interesting. I too tried supplements; green tea capsules, c0Q10, ginko biloba, flax oil caps, and siberian ginseng. For several months these really helped fight the fatigue, felt like new, had energy, and my wind seemed to stop those miniscule moments of "spacing out". Then late Jan, the symptoms started again. Thought if I added the pcynogenol, might boost my energy levels. instead I herxed. Total of 2 months plus down the tubes to this nasty disease.These last weeks have dented my will to get out of bed and leave the house each day due to the excrutiating exhausting aches and pains. After taking myself off the pycnogenol, and adding a bit extra B12 and
    Bcomplex. I feel actually better. As if a dirty dark cloud has been lifted out of my body.

My fear with supplements is that they could give you a false sense of wellness. They treat the symptoms, but not the root of the disease. There are other things I would like to try, but I don't want to get hit with it all over again a few months down the road.

Is there anything that shows that supplements, herbals etc actually gets rid of the lyme? I ask not with the intention of depressing anyone or "knocking" your chosen treatment. Each of us learns what works and what doesnt help us to feel better, and obviously if it works and it isn't causeing other damage (such as taking too much or interacting with meds) continue. I'm just concerned about allowing myself to think I'm better when I'm not.

Old 03-24-2005, 04:34 AM   #10
    Dave10
    (male)

Dave10 HB User

Quote:
    Is there anything that shows that supplements, herbals etc actually gets rid of the lyme? I ask not with the intention of depressing anyone or "knocking" your chosen treatment.
    For me, my symptons will get worse for a few weeks when I am on the herbs. Then I will start to feel better and after a couple months I won't have any symptons. And the last time I did the treatment I went a whole year off the treatment without having any symptons.

Old 03-24-2005, 06:54 PM   #11
    autmom

autmom HB User
    Re: Had lyme for 5 years, herbals are my cure

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dave10
    Here is a list of some of the herbals I have taken for lyme:
    Pycnogenol
    Olive Leaf Extract
    Aloe Vera juice
    Vitamin B6
    Vitamin B12
    Trimethylglycine
    Purozyme (great for bacteria toxin detox, includes Protease, Bala herb, White willow, red clover, alfalfa, sarsaparilla, dandelion, burdock, and a bunch of others)
    Blue Green Algae
    Cat's Claw
    Ester C
    shittake mushroom
    Grape seed extract
    liquid clorophyl
    immune stimulators

I also mainly eat organic foods.
    Thanks for posting what you take. You don't necessarily take all of these every day........correct?

Closed Thread