It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

Manual Lymphatic Drainage??

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2005, 11:28 AM   #1
gottagetbetter
Veteran
(female)

gottagetbetter HB User
Manual Lymphatic Drainage??

Guys!!

I wanted to share with you all what happened on Monday:

I went to my first session for manual lymphatic drainage. Very interesting...Light massage, very very light. She only did my neck and then my face. I started feeling the deep chills and tingling on the table. After I got up I felt lighter some how. I then went on to my chiro visit. Which was very interesting. She said I tested positive for Brucellosis Melitensis biotype 3. She does meridan stress analysis. So I guess I need to find a DR to pull some more blood. Pulled up some info on that and spoke with NCgirl...very interesting because my symptoms started after a cruise to Alaska. (Something else to ponder on. If anyone can shead any light on this it would be great. )

On the way home I started feeling very emotional. After getting in the house my dh and I were talking. I was sharing with him how much all of this was costing and just started crying and couldn't stop. I told him it would be much easier if I would just stop living. Now, I have been depressed before and this illness makes me feel depressed at times but not like this feeling. DH encouraged me to lay down and rest. Well I woke up 2 hrs later due to a 4 yr old wanting Mommy, and had to lay in bed for an hr b4 I could actually get up. I felt totally unplugged.

I felt totally drained. We ate supper and just kinda felt out of it. Monday nights are my night for Yoga, I really debated about going but I know how much I love it and feel better after. Half way through I got so nauseated I had to stop. Came home went to bed..not for long cause then I started vomiting. Then that changed to the other end and stayed for 3 days. I've lost 7 lbs in 3 days. I have been drinking like a champ and trying to eat.

I spoke with the therapist that did the drainage and she said its the toxins draining out. She said that is why she only did a little because I would get really sick if she did the whole body.

Now my legs are itching again and bruising, lots of tingling and stomach issues. Just wondering if anyone else has tried this b4 and if it gets better. I am not doing antibiotics yet due to the adverse reaction to the 1st dose of doxy with the left side of the face going numb and staying that way. So I have been trying to lighten the load of the toxins first. Any insight would be GREAT!! THANKS GUYS!!
~P

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2005, 01:00 PM   #2
cjFTWORTH
Senior Veteran
(female)

cjFTWORTH HB User
Re: Manual Lymphatic Drainage??

I too am having regular massage and some is for lymph drainage. I did have one bout of serious diarhea after one of the earliest sessions. I did read that correct LD massage is very light and I'm not sure if my friend is doing correct technique or not as we are also doing a lot of pressure point massage, deep tissue massage, etc. Yesterday, she found bi-lateral knots on both sides of my low neck/upper shoulders and worked both out... ouch, but good ouch.

The one thing you said/described that I so honed in on was the fast onset of deep depression. I have two of those since lyme symptoms began in late fall. And already on meds for mood disorder, I knew these two bouts were 'different'. Came on different, my sleep and dreams were affected, my thoughts at night that were in that pre-sleep state were bizarre and the depression was gone as fast as it came - woke one morning as presto - no sign of it... too weird.

Mine was not associated with massage but I do believe associtaed somehow with lyme. You sound like the lymph drainage massage has just truly 'upset' your entire system, not in a bad way, but just really thrown you. Try to care for yourself objectively, like you would if this was your daughter having these symptoms, or a good friend.

It's like more than toxins are being released... but a good shake up may be healthy. I will be praying for you. Keep us posted, cj

Old 03-31-2005, 05:28 PM   #3
gottagetbetter
Veteran
(female)

gottagetbetter HB User

Cj,

Yes this therapist has been doing VODDER manula lymphatic drainage for 23 yrs. She went and studied in Austria and Australia. Truly amazing woman. I would not even attempt regular massage. My husband can just rub my shoulders for a moment or two and within 10-15 mins I have a sore throat.

Manual lymphatic drainage is truly light work. They are only supposed to start in one area and then gradually add on in different sessions. You truly eed to know what you are doing.

I did get some good news, my insurance will pay 80% if done through a physical therapist!!

I was feeling better today until I spent 2&1/2 hrs at the park. The sun felt good but I made the mistake of getting on the swings with the kids and now the nausea is back ten fold. Feel like someone spun me around and around- YUCK!

Off to take a detox bath. I hope it will ease whatever is ailing me.

~P

Old 03-31-2005, 09:17 PM   #4
Amber29
(female)

Amber29 HB User

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I'm having someone do Bowen massage on me. Which is a massage that releases toxins from your body and gets your meridian flow going. I have also had some Gin Shin sp? I'm not so sure about that. I started as soon as I found out that I had Lymes. I was also beginning to detox at the same time. I was truly wiped out the first few times I had it done. I didn't have an appetite and I was so tired. I could lay down and have a four hour nap and still sleep through the night. I would feel like crap for three or four days then I would feel fabulous, better than I had in years. Then I would go back for the massage and feel like crap again for a few days. After about 4 weeks I began to have a lot less pain and a lot more energy. Stick with it. It sucks for the first few times, but it will help in the long run. That's great that your insurance will pay. My insurance won't pay for anything!! Make sure that the physical therapist you use knows what they're doing. Best of luck to you.

Old 04-01-2005, 09:57 PM   #5
gottagetbetter
Veteran
(female)

gottagetbetter HB User

guys!!

Wanted to let you all know what happened with the referal to the physical therapist:

When I spoke with her on the phone Monday. She has what I had and I told her lyme disease. She said you had Lyme? I said NO I HAVE lyme and 3 co-infections. She kinda out me off and told me she would get back in touch with me.

Anyway I finally heard back with her today and she kept talking about Dr's in my area that could help. That I needed to find a regular MD here to treat me. That my Missouri DR was too far away to do anything. I told her I have my chiro here and all I went through the last 2 yrs to get diagnosed. She found it hard to believe. She was asking me where lyme hangs out in the body and I was like all over. Was asking questions about why my PCPis no longer my PCp. I informed her that they missed my 2.1 white counts for a year and low red counts.

She then told me I was too sick to do this with her. That I was not ready..maybe after I kill the lyme. I tried to explain to her that I was detoxing so that I could handle the dieoff load.

So it sounds like I am no longer doing this treatment. I do feel as though things were really stirred up the other day. I still am feeling funky so not sure if it was a good thing or bad. It can be SOOO confusing at times!! I hate this disease.

~P

Old 04-02-2005, 06:20 AM   #6
Amber29
(female)

Amber29 HB User

Forget this lady. Find another one. I would see if you can find a BOWEN massage therapist. It has saved me!!

Old 04-02-2005, 06:27 AM   #7
sleeperwoken
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

It sounds like the therapist is ignorant about lyme, just like so many others. She is responding out of fear because she doesn't know how to help and she is afraid if she does something that makes you feel worse she will have to answer for that. Most people in the medical field will not even attempt to help you if they think they will be questioned, they would rather see you suffer than put themselves out.

I hope you find someone with a little more compassion and some education about lyme because it sounds like you are on to something good.

Old 04-02-2005, 07:08 AM   #8
cjFTWORTH
Senior Veteran
(female)

cjFTWORTH HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottagetbetter

She then told me I was too sick to do this with her. That I was not ready..maybe after I kill the lyme. I tried to explain to her that I was detoxing so that I could handle the dieoff load.

So it sounds like I am no longer doing this treatment.

I hate this disease.

~P
P,
It is stories like this that just send me reeling... I immediately 'hear Jon' saying that if I am to crusade for Jon, I need to remember to do it in love and I know how difficult the challenge will be if I don't remember to pray - pray -pray!!!

I read stuff like this and want to scream, literally. It just seems like such a crock that someone in the helping profession can so easily turn you away without personally doing more investigation... sounds like PT asked around, indeed responded out of fear and ignorance, which is not acceptable.

P, I am so sorry. It just seems to be right up the same alley as a child not being protected/nurtered by a parent.. Doctors carry much power and this type of ignorance translates into rejection/abuse to me... pray, pray... I know.

Back to YOU again, P.. so sorry. cj

Old 04-02-2005, 08:29 AM   #9
gottagetbetter
Veteran
(female)

gottagetbetter HB User

Guys!!

Thanks for all of the support!! I was feeling discriminated against. It isn't the first time...sure it won't be the last. Thats OK. Its those that discriminate that are ignorant NOT I.

My nausea has eased this morning. I was actually able to juice some carot/kale/celery/parsley and eat some garlic. I still feel a little hung over(not from indulging either. DARN) I feel as though I might be brewing a sinus infection which inturn means I am crying on the inside.

I have decided after a great visit with my holistic chiro that a therapist is going to be needed to help deal with the things that I am surfacing. I can't just keep thinking that a I have dealt with things. I need someone to help me decide how to deal with them. Make sense? I think sometimes I have thought that I have dealt with things and unintentionally supressed them.

It is beautiful here this morning in the good ol' state of Texas so we are going to take advantage of this gorgeous weather. Hope you all have a super day!!
~P

Old 04-02-2005, 08:53 AM   #10
Betterdaysforme
Senior Veteran
(female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear gottagetbetter,

So glad you are feling a little better after thinking things through. I know this is so tough because we don't get the support we need all the time from those who should give it. Family, friends and the medical profession.

My husband right now is constantly on me to do "high steps" to strengthen my right leg especially. I think he feels he can do this because my homeopathic told me to and he heard. I know I need to do this because my legs are sooooo weak but hard to do. I am lifting weights with my leg thrown over the arm of the couch. I put the weight across my leg at the ankle and just lift, lift,lift. Maybe this will strengthen it enough to do the "high steps". The problem is that I know I won't fall while sitting on the couch. I'm still hurting from the fall I had on Easter Sunday.

I am trying to stay focused on getting better but it's very hard. I have even told myself that I am creating my own "silver lining" by taking the colloidal silver. Pretty good, huh? Hope your day gets better.

betterdaysforme

Closed Thread