It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Igenex???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-01-2005, 09:00 AM   #1
    Amber29
    (female)

Amber29 HB User
    Question Igenex???

I've been trying to get more information on Igenex lab in CA but their website isn't coming up. Doesn anyone know what the deal is with them? Are they credible? I've read a couple of things out there that say Igenex is just preying on people. Can anyone give me some insight as I'm looking to go to Stephen Harris an LLMD (son of Nick Harris, founder of Igenex)in CA. I don't want to spend the time and money to go that route if they're not credible. Any info. would be great.

Last edited by Amber29; 04-01-2005 at 09:01 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2005, 11:15 AM   #2
    gottagetbetter
    Veteran
    (female)

gottagetbetter HB User
    Re: Igenex???

Amber29,

The only thing that I have heard about Igenex is good things. You know that websites can have problems and then start working again. It doesn't make the company unreliable. I for one hate the internet for being so incredibly slow sometimes.

I drove across 2 states to get to see a LLMD that would run my test through Igenex. Other labs are not set up to test for this. I would definetly spend the time and money to see a LLMD.

~P

Old 04-01-2005, 05:29 PM   #3
    ncgirl88
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ncgirl88 HB User

Hi Amber - I hope you try their site again - it is up now.

If it weren't for IgeneX I would be laying on the couch, unable to move, probably about 90 lbs. - I am 5' 10" and weigh - well a lot more than 90 lbs. - I would be suffering from migraines where I would forget my own dog's name, unable to walk more than 25 feet, unable to enjoy eating anything, unable to do just about everything....

I would be a lot more suspicious of our lovely government and the CDC and how they are influencing the conventional labs to report so many false negatives.

Welcome to the joy of possibly having lyme, it is filled with controversy. You have to make your own choices after you research everything extensively. I can tell you even the night before going down to my LLMD's office before starting treatment I was questioning the test results...I kept asking myself how could John's Hopkins have been wrong...what if it is all just a scam...well 6 months later after treatment and regaining some semblence of my old life I can tell you my experience has been there is something really ugly going on in regards to tick borne illness and the ones who I am questioning the most are the conventional camp. There is so much history I cannot go into here - try to get Polly Murray's book "The Widening Circle" - if you want to get a firm foundation for understanding the history of Lyme in the U.S. start there. When you finish that go on to Lab 257...

I predict when you are done reading you will more than ready to go through IgeneX. Personally if I had the chance I would give Nick Harris the biggest hug there is and Thank him profusely. It is his lab and my LLMD that have saved my life!

Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 04-02-2005, 01:48 PM   #4
    fotomom
    Veteran
    (female)

fotomom HB User

I see that LLMD.... he is great. I had first a WB test from unilab with band 41+, then I had Wb with igenex, with numerous bands + which I was + by CDC means. I just had my son and husband tested a few weeks ago and hope to have the results any day now.

I have found that some Drs like Igenex... some don't Obviously Dr H is biased since he works for them and his father is the founder, but you have to trust something.... We have been very happy with the treatment from both Igenex and Dr H.

Old 04-03-2005, 04:38 PM   #5
    Amber29
    (female)

Amber29 HB User

Hi Everyone!! I thought I had the contact information for Dr. Harris in LA but it's not him. I know we can't post addresses and phone numbers. Can anyone figure out a way to get me this information? HELP!!

Old 04-04-2005, 03:59 PM   #6
    fotomom
    Veteran
    (female)

fotomom HB User

Call Igenex they will give it to you Thats how I found him

Old 04-05-2005, 08:41 PM   #7
    RuthH
    Inactive
    (female)

RuthH HB User

Hi Amber, I've used Igenex & found them to be great to work with. I've talked with Dr. Nick Harris,owner, numerous times & he's answered my questions in full. The easiest way to contact him is through the lab. They'll give him the message you leave & he'll get back to you; that's what he did for me.

I've read lots of articles about the lab & have found favorable stories from other Lyme doctors. They're suppose to be the top lab in the US for testing Lyme. That's the only work they do; there is no other testing done there.

Good Luck, Ruth H in WV
    (this is my first time to post to this site; I'll get it right yet!! Sorry for the edits)

Last edited by moderator2; 04-06-2005 at 07:18 PM.

Closed Thread