It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Feeling cold

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-02-2005, 08:42 AM   #1
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User
    Feeling cold

Hey guys,

I just wantd to run something by some of you and hope you can tell me if you have had this problem or not. Although when I started with this disease 4 years ago everything was concentrated on the left side. After massive amounts of IV steroids for 4 days it slowly drifted to where the right side is now weaker than the left. I'm not sure but feel the steroids just cut the immune system and allowed this to happen? I feel this way because not one thing had changed in 18 months until this was done.

An accupuncture doctor I had gone to thought I might have a circulation problem so I went to one of those Peggy Fleming sponsored groups that travels the country doing aneurysm and blood flow checks. Everything came back fine. They seemed to be pretty knowledgeable. In fact when they did the first test around my neck area the technician freaked out because my heart was going crazy. I calmed down and he got a true reading. I basically was having a panic attack walking in the building. I think I have seen so many doctors this happens frequently when I need to visit a new one.

Anyway, I tend to be colder to the touch on my right side also. I don't feel colder but when going to bed my leg and foot on the right side are always freezing. When I use the computer my right hand on the mouse gets real cold. It goes away but is disconcerting to say the least. I just don't know if this is a lyme thing or another problem.

Years ago when my oldest daughter was driving us crazy I was taking 5 mg of zestril to just keep my blood pressure steady. My doctor told me that I was okay to go off it because I was really borderline as far as blood pressure went. I chose to stay on it for a number of years but haven't taken it for a few years now. I am now wondering if this might be the problem. It was such a low dose I wouldn't mind going back on it but would rather not if it is a lyme thing.

It's real funny because lots of the time my legs are just burning and I hope this is the meds working but then I get ready for bed and the right side is cold. The accupuncture doctor actually told me to just put enough hot water in the tub to cover my ankles and that would help the circulation.
    Maybe I just need to try that again.

Maybe lamotta will have some wisdom for me. I do take to heart all that is offered. The problem is that when I would go for the bloodwork when I had the IV my blood pressure was always high but when I take it at home it is normal. I also believe the lyme will give a higher reading too. I am so sick of pills I would rather not introduce anymore into my system right now if I don't have to since I am now trying to take the natural approach to this.

Thanks for any and all input. Please don't scare me and say I probably have a blood clot!

betterdaysforme

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2005, 11:11 AM   #2
    ohio hunter
    Veteran
    (male)

ohio hunter HB User
    Re: Feeling cold

hi betterdaysforme

have you tried any natural blood thinners. garlic or peppers or cinnimon might help warm you up.

jon

Old 04-02-2005, 11:15 AM   #3
    gottagetbetter
    Veteran
    (female)

gottagetbetter HB User

Betterdaysforme ,

I don't have the problem of one side being colder thenthe other. But I used to be hot all the time now I am SOOOO cold and have unbelievable chills even when its 110*. My hands and feet are like ice all the time. Garlic has been helping. Only on it for 3 weeks. Eating it in raw form is the best. Hope you get warmed up!!
    ~P

Old 04-02-2005, 11:18 AM   #4
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Hey jon,

Thanks for the advice. I was just puzzled why only one side was cold to the touch. We try to use cinnamon as much as possible because it really lowers the cholesterol too. My sister has had two heart attacks and was on lots of prescriptions to lower her cholesterol and none worked. I told her about the cinnamon and she puts it on toast at night and her cholesterol dropped dramatically. The doctor told her the meds must finally be working and she didn't even bother to tell him about the cinnamon because she knew he wouldn't believe her. I loved an 1/8 of a teaspoon in hot chocolate but haven't been able to have that for way too long because of the sugar. I'm beginning to forget how good hot chocolate tastes. I drank it every day for the last 30 years or so winter and summer. The good old days. Remember?
    Thanks again. I hope you at least are having a few good days mixed with the bad.
    betterdaysforme

Old 04-02-2005, 11:34 AM   #5
    ohio hunter
    Veteran
    (male)

ohio hunter HB User

hi ggb bdfm

i crave the garlic now that i got use to it but we still get some that still burns my mouth.

maybe a massage would improve blood flow.

i don't have bad days just boring ones.

i do remember the good old days of helping anybody who asked but today my stepdaughter and fiance are mooving into their new home and i am stuck at home.

jon

Old 04-03-2005, 06:00 AM   #6
    sleeperwoken
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sleeperwoken HB User

I have been feeling cold for decades, but now that the lyme is being treated it's much better. I don't know about that one side being cold, but with your hand being on the mouse for the computer, I would say it's because your hand is elevated a little and it's out in the cold and not against your body. That happens to me when I play the piano, my hands freeze.

Three things that greatly affect your body temperature and are also commonly affected by lyme are your thyroid, adrenals, and iron levels. If you are even slightly anemic you will be cold. I take thyroid meds, adrenal support, pituitary support, iron, and ferritin all twice a day. My body temp has gone from 62.2 to 81.0-83.0 since then. Killing the lyme helps too, of course.

Looking forward to the warm weather too. Hope you can warm up soon. (p.s. Add cayenne and ginger to the list of spices that will warm you up.)

Old 04-03-2005, 07:11 AM   #7
    ticker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi Betterdaysforme. I think It sounds like the problem may be ciruculatatory related also. Maybe you should have it checked again since it has been some time.

Old 04-03-2005, 07:21 AM   #8
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ticker
    Hi Betterdaysforme. I think It sounds like the problem may be ciruculatatory related also. Maybe you should have it checked again since it has been some time.

Thanks Ticker. Will do. Last night didn't seem so bad after a detox bath. The one laurie recommended didn't wipe me out like the combo I was doing.
    I guess I need to get more hydrogen peroxide and epsom salts.
    betterdaysforme

Old 04-03-2005, 10:19 AM   #9
    6Blues
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

I noticed that my core body temperature has plummeted. In the morning, it can be as low as 94. If I feel feverish, it's only 98.6.

I also turn tomatoe red and sweat buckets when I try to excercise so I don't push it too much.

However, mine is the whole body, not just one side.

Old 04-03-2005, 12:38 PM   #10
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 6Blues
    I noticed that my core body temperature has plummeted. In the morning, it can be as low as 94. If I feel feverish, it's only 98.6.

I also turn tomatoe red and sweat buckets when I try to excercise so I don't push it too much.

However, mine is the whole body, not just one side.

What's funny is that sometimes my nose is either red from being too warm or too cold. Weird!
    betterdaysforme

Old 04-03-2005, 04:17 PM   #11
    Amber29
    (female)

Amber29 HB User

I have very cold hands and feet. A lot of the time I'm wrapped up in blankets and wearing wool sock (really great for warming the feet.) I also get BOWEN massage therapy and she works on getting my circulation going better. I was really cold when my thyroid was out of wack. It's normal now but my extremeties still get cold. I would check that out and also take some kind of adrenal support. I am on both thyroid and adrenal support.

Closed Thread