It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• lyme disease cause dry skin?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-11-2005, 08:01 AM   #1
    trust1
    (male)

trust1 HB User
    lyme disease cause dry skin?

Just wondering if anyone knows if lyme disease can cause dry skin and dandruff??

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2005, 02:01 PM   #2
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User
    Re: lyme disease cause dry skin?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by trust1
    Just wondering if anyone knows if lyme disease can cause dry skin and dandruff??

thanks

Big time! I go from being the dryest person in the world to a prune after my detox baths. My whole body is just lovely!
    betterdaysforme

Old 04-11-2005, 02:40 PM   #3
    outinthe_woods
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

outinthe_woods HB User

Agreed, Betterdays! I was thinking of what a wonderful surprise it was to have "silky" skin after the baths - better than any lotion!

Old 04-11-2005, 04:24 PM   #4
    chepskte
    (male)

chepskte HB User

I hate to sound dumb, but it comes honest to me I see you guys talking about a detox bath, what exactly is that?

thanks

Old 04-11-2005, 06:43 PM   #5
    outinthe_woods
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

outinthe_woods HB User

Chepskte: Detox baths were posted by a knowledgeable person on this board. I tried them and I would recommend them!

The one I use is 3% Hydrogen Peroxide and Epsom Salts and soak in as warm/hot a tub as I can for an hour (careful not to fall asleep!) I think the measurements are 1/2 c. peroxide and 1 c. Epsom Salts, but I double that, put a stopper in the overflow spout and put more water in - and feel better. Buy the large bottle and container if you can!

The first time did nothing noticeable, but the second time a few days later, washed me out so much I could just about walk to bed! It's leveled out since then. I believe she said to use it all the while you are Herxing...

Let us know how you make out with it, if you try..

Gerri~

Old 04-11-2005, 06:58 PM   #6
    chepskte
    (male)

chepskte HB User

okay.. will do..thanks for the info.

Old 04-11-2005, 08:26 PM   #7
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Hey gerribear,

You sounded so positive on your continual detox baths and I am trying to do it every night too because takemylife said it is crucial.

I have a normal type tub and put in 1 c of epsom salt and 1 cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide. I stay in about 30 -45 minutes because the water cools down. Plus my legs really start twitching some nights when I'm in there and it drives me crazy.

The last 2 nights I noticed something weird. My arms, legs, and bottoms of my feet were covered with bubbles. The hair on my arms was sticking straight out. Weird. I don't know if it is my pores releasing stuff and making the bubbles or just the peroxide. I of course want to think stuff is coming out of me. I'm sure takemylife or lamotta will jump in and tell me what it is.

After a couple of nights straight I wouldn't say I feel fabulous but at least I'm not dragging. I am finally sleeping better too. Maybe the baths and maybe the colloidal silver, or even the enzymes and greens. I don't care as long as it continues. Hope you are doing better too.
    betterdaysforme

Old 04-12-2005, 05:03 AM   #8
    sleeperwoken
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sleeperwoken HB User

I like the detox baths too, they seem to help a lot. A friend of mine told me about the concentrated hydrogen peroxide, you can get it at health food stores and you only have to use a few tablespoons. I'm going to look into that because I'm sick of buying big bottles of hp every time I'm at the store. Does anyone know anything about the concentrated version?

I have been putting essential oils into my bath and it smells nice, I hope it doesn't interfere with the detox effect. Do you think it would?

Also, for dry skin, I take an omega oil supplement called ProDHA. I like it because it's a complete omega oil and because they put strawberry oils into it so it doesn't taste fishy. It works well.

Old 04-12-2005, 07:34 AM   #9
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear takemylife,

Well I knew I shouldn't have bragged about sleeping better. While taking my detox bath last night my legs started twitching which is not real unusual but they never stopped after getting out of the bath either. They were like this all night long. I ended up coming upstairs to sleep and didn't even sleep then but at least didn't keep Ronnie awake. I hate this because I felt the baths were keeping me from twitching at night.

I vaguely remember you saying that you had to lay off the baths for a while. Am I correct? Lamotta had said at one time I think that the magnesium from the epsom salts will do this. I have been taking a magnesium pill for a month or so now and it seemed to be helping but maybe it's too much magnesium combined with the baths? Needless to say I am totally exhausted today but won't even try to sleep because I know it will screw me up tonight. I don't seem to be able to sleep in the daytime anyway whether I have slept the night before or not.

If the baths every night are too much let me know. Maybe every other night or third night would be better? I just really liked sleeping for a change and want to do what is right. Don't want to overdue it. I actually thought the baths were warranted because I sometimes I would get the twitching around 5 PM or 6PM and felt my body was saying "detox bath". But maybe that would have passed and I have overdone it. Or maybe the combo is wrong. I have been using 1 c of epsom salt and 1 c of 3% hydrogen peroxide.

Thanks for your guidance and hope your still feeling great.
    betterdaysforme

Old 04-12-2005, 08:43 AM   #10
    gottagetbetter
    Veteran
    (female)

gottagetbetter HB User

Betterdayforme,

Sorry you had a rough night. I would suggest every other night. Give your body resting time. Do you skin brush before you bath? I have been doing this for a few weeks and really like it.

Also you want to make sure you are rotating the kinds of baths you are doing ex... 1 cup sea salt to 1 cup baking soda...five large ORGANIC lemons cut and juiced then put all of it excepts seeds in the water....2 cups epson salt to 32 oz hydrogen and 2 TBPS of fresh grated ORGANIC ginger in a coffee filter tied on the end.

Hope this helps. I have also been told not to do the hydrogen one more then once a week. Can't remember why???? I'll tell you when it comes to me. Off to Yoga.

~P

Old 04-12-2005, 09:14 AM   #11
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

hey gottagetbetter,

Thanks for the info. I have done the combo I talked about for the last 6 days. If somebody told you not to do it more than once a week no wonder I had a bad night. I will fall back to every other night and I do have the sea salt, epsom salt, and baking soda combo already mixed so I can rotate that. We were also going to get some lemons anyway to help with the alkalinity problem. It has gotten better since I started the enzymes and greens protocol. The lemons should help even more.

betterdaysforme

Old 04-12-2005, 08:00 PM   #12
    dallasmommy
    (female)

dallasmommy HB User

I have had extreme dry skin and brittle hair and found out it was caused by Hashimoto's hypothyroidism caused by Lyme disease. It turns out that a fair amount of fellow sufferers also have this. I take thyroid meds everyday and also take 800 IU Vit E three times a day and have seen remarkable changes in my skin. Might not work for everyone, but it works for me.
    Good Luck

Old 04-13-2005, 04:58 AM   #13
    sleeperwoken
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sleeperwoken HB User

Hi Dallasmommy, I have Hashimotos also and am taking levoxyl and cytomel, but they don't seem to be working. Can you please tell me what you are taking and what your dose is? I know everyone is different and I have to find what works for me, but I am curious to know what you are doing for thyroid. Thanks.

Old 04-13-2005, 01:12 PM   #14
    dallasmommy
    (female)

dallasmommy HB User

I am taking Armour Thyroid, 90 mg. I can't tell if it is really working or not though. Still sluggish, can't lose the weight, tired and body aches and pains. Can't really distinguish through the other Lyme's symptoms. I've only been on it for 3 mos. and every month after they do the blood test, they increase the dosage.

Closed Thread