It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Lyme Testing through igenex....help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-26-2005, 10:37 AM   #1
    trust1
    (male)

trust1 HB User
    Lyme Testing through igenex....help

I called them today and they say I need to know which tests I specifcally want to get done, can anyone recommend which ones I should have done? My regualar physicians wont go through them only the state lab which comes back negative twice on the elisa. Can anyone recommend how I can go to get this done?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2005, 12:01 PM   #2
    ticker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
    Re: Lyme Testing through igenex....help

trust1, why aren't you see a Lyme doctor? This is the most important thing you can do. A knowledgeable doctor will know which tests to order for your case and will know how to interpret them.

Old 04-26-2005, 12:20 PM   #3
    trust1
    (male)

trust1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ticker
    trust1, why aren't you see a Lyme doctor? This is the most important thing you can do. A knowledgeable doctor will know which tests to order for your case and will know how to interpret them.
    From what I've found the closest doctor is far away that is an LLD. I live near madison wisconsin. I couldn't find any on the web.

Old 04-26-2005, 08:57 PM   #4
    trust1
    (male)

trust1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ticker
    problem is i want to get tested through igenex, and there are no lyme doctors near me to help me out, I thought they could recommend what tests to get tested for so now im confused.....what should i do!?

Old 04-26-2005, 10:25 PM   #5
    AngelaA
    Senior Veteran

AngelaA HB User

A lab cannot legally give any medical advise related to what tests to have done. Only doctors can do that. In case you don't know you can go to the Lyme Disease Foundation website, click on Resources and there is an option to get a doctor referral through them to a LLMD in your area. You really need to see a doctor or naturopath who is knowledgable on the subject.

Old 04-27-2005, 05:23 AM   #6
    autmom

autmom HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by trust1
    My regualar physicians wont go through them only the state lab which comes back negative twice on the elisa. Can anyone recommend how I can go to get this done?
    Are any of your regular physicians willing to sign for the Igenex testing?
    My husband only wants the Urine testing, and his doc is willing to sign for it. We'll deal with interpreting the results later.

Last edited by autmom; 04-27-2005 at 05:24 AM.

Old 04-27-2005, 06:16 AM   #7
    trust1
    (male)

trust1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by autmom
    Are any of your regular physicians willing to sign for the Igenex testing?
    My husband only wants the Urine testing, and his doc is willing to sign for it. We'll deal with interpreting the results later.
    i might be able to convince them, but igenex will want to know what type of lyme tests to give and I do not know which one and my doc who is not an LLD will most likely not either.....does anyone know how much the igenex tests costs out of pocket?

thanks

Old 04-27-2005, 11:55 AM   #8
    autmom

autmom HB User

How about starting with the urine antigen testing? LDA...its for screening... and if its positive it can be confirmed by either PCR or RWB.

I can't offer my own experience though, since I'm just sorting through all of this myself as well.

I have sent for the testing kit for my husband.

Last edited by autmom; 04-27-2005 at 11:58 AM.

Old 04-27-2005, 04:27 PM   #9
    AngelaA
    Senior Veteran

AngelaA HB User

Just an FYI if you think you have had Lyme for years then the urine test will most likely come up negative even if a person does have Lyme. You need to be on strong antibiotics and take urine samples on days 3,5 & 7 in order to possibly get a positive test. The reason being is Lyme spirochetes hang out in muscle tissue mainly and will not show up in urine or even blood tests unless you run them out of your muscle tissue by means of antibiotics. This is another reason to not waste money testing till you have a LLMD who will make sure you get tested the RIGHT way. In case no one is aware, medical textbooks state Lyme should be diagnosed clinically and not rely on lab tests. So if you are trying to get a positive test in order to be seen by an LLMD there is no need to. A real Lyme doc will take you word, look at your medical history and generally give you ABx then start testing.

Old 05-07-2005, 08:36 AM   #10
    autmom

autmom HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AngelaA
    Just an FYI if you think you have had Lyme for years then the urine test will most likely come up negative even if a person does have Lyme. You need to be on strong antibiotics and take urine samples on days 3,5 & 7 in order to possibly get a positive test. The reason being is Lyme spirochetes hang out in muscle tissue mainly and will not show up in urine or even blood tests unless you run them out of your muscle tissue by means of antibiotics. .
    I am confused....I just read that if you do a Western Blot you should be off antibiotics for several weeks before testing. Is this just because its a different test or a different opinion?

Old 05-07-2005, 11:15 AM   #11
    dorkdad
    (male)

dorkdad HB User

AngelaA,
    Maybe you can clarify for me generally how antibiotics work. Is it a straightforward attack on collective bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites? Or do ABXs target certain things? If ABxs kill the baddies by contact, then why would they not kill bacteria in the muscle instead of running them out of muscle tissues into the blood. I have not read, seen, or heard of anyone with chronic Lymes achieving long term results using ABxs: do you know of anyone? I probably should do some research but your entry above got me to wondering... Have you perchance read "Beating Lymes Disease..." by Jerigans?
    Looking forward to your reply, thanks!

DD

Old 05-07-2005, 06:13 PM   #12
    gottagetbetter
    Veteran
    (female)

gottagetbetter HB User

Dorkdad,

I have read his book and keep referencing back. It is totally awesome!! I have been following his protocol with much luck. I am still detoxing so I haven't started is supplements.

I have been craving salt/green olives so I have just done the iodine test and within an hour it is already fading. I have been doing the detox baths in the book. I love the hydrogen/epson/ginger bath. That one I feel results asap. I am going to do the mustard/pepper tonight. I am excited about that one because my feet are always freezing and hurting.

I am looking into his supplements. I feel like the help detoxing would be great.
    I think he is right on the money about lyme patients not being able to feel worse. I am we feel so [email protected]#$ bad to begin with.

I have also been doing alot of soul searching and spending more time on myself (WOW!!). It's a huge step for me.

I would really like to bounce info with you. Take care!!

~P

Old 05-07-2005, 07:26 PM   #13
    dorkdad
    (male)

dorkdad HB User

GGB,
    Excellent!!!!!!!!!! My wife is still experimenting with the baths and thinks maybe she is reacting to the peroxide, but is sticking with the epsom/ginger. The local stores limit customers to 3 quarts of peroxide because large volumes are used for making methamphetamine. I guess we looked harmless, and they let us by 28 quarts. I compiled dozens of questions from the book which we posed to our LLMD Naturopath. She thinks the microbial intercommunication and crystalline matrix theories of disease makes perfect sense but was unfamiliar with many of Jernigan's protocols. She'll work with us. We are particularly interested in frequency matching to determine what the body needs. Next Tuesday we have an appointment with someone who has over 15 years experience with muscle testing. An example of muscle testing would be having a person hold a substance and then determining if the body weakens or gets stonger. Have you been checking your body temperature as you progress? We are also interested in Light Therapy. At some point I would like to start a new thread devoted to the book. I'll have to go back and read some of your other threads to refresh myself with where you have been in this "adventure".

DD

Old 05-07-2005, 08:23 PM   #14
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear gottagetbetter,

I may just have to bite the bullet and buy the book. I would love to know the ratios of the detox baths you mentioned. Are they the only two in the book? It is so funny that you mention the mustard because I was talking about that with a friend last week saying I was going to do a foot bath with it. When I was kid somebody told me that a girl in our class thought she was pregnant when we were still in high school and somebody told her to take a bath with dried mustard because it is a drawing agent. I don't know if she ever did but I do know she never had a baby. Also when we were kids we used to mix dry mustard with hot water and pour it down worm holes and the worms couldn't get out of the holes quick enough. It sure made getting bait easy. I thought maybe that would work with the lyme. I guess you would do just about anything to get rid of it.

dorkdad,
    I actually took my temp every 3 hours today and hopefully can remember to do so for the next couple of days and I will send it to you like you asked. Hope you all are doing well and your wife has a nice mother's day.
    betterdaysforme

Old 05-08-2005, 07:24 AM   #15
    outinthe_woods
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

outinthe_woods HB User

Wow! Interesting thread here! Guess I'll have to get the book also just to keep up with you two! LOL!

Closed Thread