HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Lyme Disease (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/lyme-disease/)
-   -   Received Book "Beating Lyme Disease"??? (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/lyme-disease/291486-received-book-beating-lyme-disease.html)

deejavu 06-05-2005 02:02 PM

Received Book "Beating Lyme Disease"???

Hi all,

I am so excited that I finally received in yesterday's mail the book "Beating Lyme Disease Using Alternative Medicine" by Dr. Jernigan. I opened it today and my goodness, there is so much in this book that I feel overwhelmed. So much is explained about antibiotics, spirochetes, and the list goes on.

There is a chapter called "Healing at Home" and I am wondering if anyone on this Site has followed that chapter and how they are doing.

It makes so much sense to me and I can't travel to Dr. J's clinic so I am left with the choice of trying the "healing at home". I am very open-minded to Dr. J's ideas.

Goodness, brain fog is setting in. My question is: how many members have tried this and how are you doing if you have tried this?

Thanks,
Denise

gottagetbetter 06-05-2005 02:53 PM

Re: Received Book "Beating Lyme Disease"???

Deejavu :wave: ,

I have had the book since first diagnosed several months ago. It is amazing!!

My chiro follows the same basic philophsy as Dr J. So, I am doing treatment with her. I am not using his supplements yet. I have been making great progress with her. She actually found something that I had never been tested for (gulf war syndrome Brucollis).

She started with just basically building support and know we are starting detox nice and slow. Thinking positive thoughts :bouncing: !!!

I am doing his detox that he talks about in the book, rebounding, skin brushing(tried vodder lymphatic drainage) whole foods, great supplements, lots of water, rest, and healthy activities(yoga and pilates).

Hope this helps!! Took a quick break for a snack and drink. Off to finish planting on this beautiful day. (love to get my hands in the earth!)

~P ;)

deejavu 06-05-2005 03:05 PM

Hi Gottagetbetter,

I am truly amazed by this book! I have to read it slowly as Dr. J has so much information.

That's great that your chiro is following the same philosophy as Dr. J. and that you are making progress, good for you!! Keep up those Positive thoughts as I am a true believer in positive thinking.

I found a name of a Homeopath who sounds wonderful and tomorrow I will call this Doctor and see if he knows of Dr. J's methods. If not, I will call someone else.

I don't know why, but I have a "new hope" inside of me about winning this battle!

I am smiling as I was outside gardening too on this beautiful day :-)

Keep up the good work!
Denise

autmom 06-05-2005 07:05 PM

I also started reading this book. How about that list in the back? Some of those magnets and things are pricey. Some of the formulas seem interesting, but now sure about them yet.

dorkdad 06-05-2005 09:18 PM

How the book is helpful to us:
- Gave us a much broader perspective on the nature and treatment of chronic disease, not just Lyme.
- Gave us encouragement after so many dead ends
- Inspired us to focus on treating the body as an electrical organism and approaching health from that perspective. The Bio resonance device our practitioner uses is the QXCI evoked potential bio-feedback system (not specifically mentioned in the book). My wife has received 2 sessions. I have been so encouraged that I am getting my first 2-hour session tomorrow. (see my previous postings)
- Emphasis on the spiritual aspects of healing

How the book could be improved
- There is so much info that it needs an index. I finally made one up myself.
- Seems a little reptitive at times.
- Some of the products are not listed on the authors' web site as stated in the book.
- The author should give examples of his patients experiences healing from Lyme instead of just stating it he has seen it or using examples of other conditions.
- The author has been quoted in various internet sites speaking highly of Samento but it is not mentioned in the book. Hmmmm....
- So many treatment options that it is a little overwhelming (and expensive) for us average people.

Regarding the "Healing at Home " chapter: We have not tried any of the products as tempting as they sound. We fooled around with light therapy and do footbaths every day. The QXCI is the most positive approach at this time, so the other stuff is on the back burner for now. As Dr Jernigan states, treating Lyme is a multi faceted approach and a 24 hour a day war. Some of alternative stuff Ekim111 says was a waste of time and money and that antibiotics works for him. I hope that continues and he keeps us informed of his progress.

DD

Betterdaysforme 06-06-2005 05:49 AM

Dear dorkdad,

I was reading again about the evoke potential bio - feedback you are doing. When they thought I might have MS they sent me to Baylor Hospital in Dallas to have an evoke potential. The testing took 2 days and included vision, hearing, and electrical charges to my extremities. This was to test for any lesions on the brain that might not have shown up on the MRI. The theory was that if there were lesions that weren't showing up then the normal brain reaction would take longer to transmit because it had to go around a lesion. Nothing came of this but they still wanted to say MS because they didn't know what else to blame it on. When I look back on all of the negative results for everything they did to me it makes me furious that MS was there conclusion regardless. They never even explored other possibilities. What is the most infuriating is that they then wrote letters to an insurance company I was trying to get insurance with so that squashed that. I have been stuck with Texas high risk insurance for over 4 years now at a horrible price per month and a very high deductible. I have no desire to sue anybody just get rid of this lyme but I sure wish I could recoup the money they have cost me over the last 4 years. You can't put a price on the quality of life I've had because of their narrow mindedness in not pursuing other possibilities. I don't think what you are doing is the same as what I did because it was just a test. What you are doing sounds like some kind of therapy. I wonder if you could explain it in more detail and also if your doctor knows anyone who does it here in Texas (Dallas). It is always nice to have backup plans. You do sound more positive about your wife than I have ever heard you talk before. I hope that means she is finally responding. Are you still doing the samento with the bio-feedback? Otherwise I hope things are going well and your kids are responding to treatment too.
betterdaysforme

gottagetbetter 06-06-2005 09:48 AM

Hi All :wave: ,

Sorry I cut short yesterday. Pooped out today. I can tel you all that I am actually having days that I feel normal. It started with hours now I am actually having a full day at a time. (SUSH!! Don't tell the lyme that!!)

I know of a lady that is doing Dr J's supplements and is having GREAT progress.

Of the people that I have spoken with that are actually HEALED they are all finding that each person's journey is unique. Get as much as you can from each approach and then if you feel its time to move on don't let anyone hold you back.

I had been doing homeopath with a homeopath here in Texas. She was keeping me from getting sicker but I just couldn't get well with the remedies alone. For me my illness is too complex(as I believe most are). My children are still doing constitutional homeopathy. I on the other hand am going with combinations. We all see my chiro. Right now I feel she is able to lift the layers of my illness.

I am to start cat's claw this week. I am not doing the Samento or Savarento. I am doing Una De Gato by Energique. I am also doing some liquid herbs and berries by the same company. I am a little nervus as I am feeling really good(even with DH being out of work).

Thank goodness for the natural side!!
~P ;)

deejavu 06-06-2005 01:09 PM

Hi Dorkdad,

I think your evaluation of the book is right on the money though I have not read every word yet as it seems confusing to me right now (I think you are right about index cards). I think I will take Yellow Sticky Notes and mark the chapters that I find most helpful to start with, then I will decipher this book.

I do find it fascinating how Dr. J. looks at the body as a whole and how he explains that even with taking antibiotics, those spirochetes find a new place to hide. Goodness, our bodies are really complex!

Betterdaysforme,

I know the feeling of spending so much money on this illness. Your story about how they wanted to diagnosis you with MS is unbelievable, once again, it shows how ignorant doctors are.

Gottagetbetter,

Sounds like you are doing great with your homeopath. I was pooped out or spaced out most of today and now I am going to call this Homeopath to see he if follows Dr. J's beliefs. I wonder what the real difference is between Samento and Cat's Claw??

Yes, I am a strong believer in natural products. After all, logic tells me that most "chemical-derived products" all came from natural herbs, plants, etc. Wasn't that how penicillan was developed in the first place? Please correct me if I am wrong as I am wrong so much! Ha, ha, ha!

Cheers!
Denise

autmom 06-09-2005 08:02 PM

[QUOTE=dorkdad]
How the book could be improved

- The author has been quoted in various internet sites speaking highly of Samento but it is not mentioned in the book. Hmmmm....

DD[/QUOTE]

Ya know, that really bugs me! :nono: What's up with that??

dorkdad 06-09-2005 09:12 PM

Autmom,

I'm curious why he would have information that was excluded if it might be helpful. It could be that Nutramedix would not allow him to make a reference. It could be that his products have worked better. It could be he changed his mind. I have sent him an email thru his website and maybe will get an answer back. Please explain how you read my entry that bugged you.

DD

Betterdaysforme 06-10-2005 05:54 AM

[QUOTE=dorkdad]Autmom,

I'm curious why he would have information that was excluded if it might be helpful. It could be that Nutramedix would not allow him to make a reference. It could be that his products have worked better. It could be he changed his mind. I have sent him an email thru his website and maybe will get an answer back. Please explain how you read my entry that bugged you.

DD[/QUOTE]

Hey dorkdad,
Don't forget to let us know what he has to say on the subject.
betterdaysforme

autmom 06-10-2005 04:17 PM

[QUOTE=dorkdad]Autmom,

DD[/QUOTE]

You brought up some good points about the book.

Do you mean what bugged me about the fact that the author didn't write one word about Samento? When I spent the money on the book, I expected there would be more detailed information about Samento or other Cat's Claw supplements since the author was already associated with Samento. Seems like a rather large omission.

dorkdad 06-10-2005 09:15 PM

Autmom,
I feel like a dork---I misread your meaning and thought you were annoyed me for the comment.

If I don't get an email response from Dr J, I will call his office next week.

DD

Betterdaysforme 06-11-2005 05:36 AM

Dear dorkdad,

As you know I don't have the book because I can't spend the money right now but something popped into my head last night. I don't know what Dr. J says about samento so I can't really comment on that but I was wondering if maybe the book was written before he became a believer (or whatever he has to say about it) in samento and that is why it isn't in the book. Just a thought. You all sound as though he favors it but maybe he didn't have the knowledge of it's curing powers until he finished his book.

By the way I wanted to run something by you about the temp thing. You know I sent you all of those temp readings I had done for 4 days and they were all over the place. I was starting saventaro a few days after that and the strangest thing happened. After about a week or two my temp was consistently 98.0 - 98.8.

Of course my first reaction was that the saventaro had to be working. Three capsules a day combined with colloidal silver and thymex was really kicking my butt though so for a few days I skipped the mid-day dose to see what would happen. I had a little more energy but the funniest thing is that my temp went back to the high 96's and low 97's. I have been back on three doses a day for a week now and it is again always above 98.

I guess this is good according to the book? If so then I have a choice of taking two doses a day and being relatively functional or three doses (which by the way my homeopath recommended four :eek: ) and be just a slug. I just wish I knew that the medicine was doing it's job not just wearing me down because I can be a slug for a while if it knocks this out of me.

The only problem is that a lot of things were feeling worse and maybe that was herxing but it was pretty much all the time. Maybe that's how the bacteria responds to the natural stuff. I just wish I knew. I don't need a long time herx unless I know the saventaro is really killing the bacteria. :p

Maybe you recall something in the book that rings a bell about this. I would think if it was just the meds then any amount would knock me on my butt. Don't know. All I know is it is hard enough for me to understand why you feel worse especially when it is almost continuous but my husband just freaks out that I am getting worse not just feeling worse. I am almost sure that I have read on here that some people whether they are taking traditional meds or natural sometimes react the same way. Just one continuous herx. Certainly not fun but tolerable if you know you are killing bacteria. Maybe it is just the continuous release of toxins. It would make sense that this could be the case.

I often think of how a little splinter can get infected and create havoc at the site. I wish I knew this was the case with the saventaro killing the bacteria and releasing toxins.

It makes me think that is why the cholestryamine is making sleeper feel so good. She has probably been killing the bacteria for a long time just not getting it out of her body. I know gerribear is now on it and hope she can relate that she is having the same results soon. She is another one who has been battling this for a very long time.

I can remember being in the emergency room one time ( 3 years ago) and the young doctor telling me that he didn't believe I had MS and that someday a holistic type doctor would figure out what was wrong with me and something simple would cure it. I believe that something simple could be the addition of the cholestryamine or something similar to the normal protocol.

Hope you are having a great weekend and your wife is reponding to treatment so she can get on with killing the lyme. I apologize for the length of the post but I wanted to cover this subject completely. I honestly think I write such long posts because you people on the board are the only ones I get to "socialize" with. I am pretty much homebound because of the walking problem added to the equilibrium. I'm convinced one causes the other. I probably drive you all crazy. :D
betterdaysforme

autmom 06-11-2005 10:56 AM

[QUOTE=Betterdaysforme]Dear dorkdad,
I was starting saventaro a few days after that and the strangest thing happened. After about a week or two my temp was consistently 98.0 - 98.8. [/QUOTE]

This is very interesting....

[QUOTE=Betterdaysforme]
I guess this is good according to the book? If so then I have a choice of taking two doses a day and being relatively functional or three doses (which by the way my homeopath recommended four :eek: ) and be just a slug. I just wish I knew that the medicine was doing it's job not just wearing me down because I can be a slug for a while if it knocks this out of me.
[/QUOTE]

According to the book, its not good to herx and be in more pain than usual. The author believes in healing without feeling worse.

On the other hand, he says you have to raise your body temperature.... :confused:

[QUOTE=Betterdaysforme]
I wish I knew this was the case with the saventaro killing the bacteria and releasing toxins. [/QUOTE]

Dr. J. sells some formula that's made to deal with the toxins so you supposedly feel better. I wonder if that's your answer...