It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• You know, at Times I swear I am having a heart attack :(

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-17-2005, 04:52 PM   #1
    JustDave4now
    Veteran
    (male)

JustDave4now HB User
    You know, at Times I swear I am having a heart attack :(

Lately I will be sitting there, sometimes talking to someone when out
    of the blue these nasty chest pains pop up, sometimes they are to the left of the heart, sometimes to the right, sometimes they burn and sometimes they hurt when I breath in. Often they are not the same.

Sometimes it pops up between my shoulderblades and othertimes its pain along my ribs. It hurts, sometimes I have to stop talking because of the discomfort. When this happens I often break out in a sweat, and think, what if this is a heart attack or something. But I know its not, my heart has been checked out at the docs. Its gotten worse since I have started the cats claw and I started the doxy yesterday, but umm not feeling better yet. Sometimes my heart speeds up a sec or misses a beat, or at least feels it.

I know my heart is okay, they just checked it, and it seems to be running fine.

Anyone else ever fear they were having a heart attack, I know it sounds silly but it feels like it...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2005, 06:05 PM   #2
    RobynsInPain70
    (female)

RobynsInPain70 HB User
    Re: You know, at Times I swear I am having a heart attack :(

Hi Dave
    You're SO not alone in this fear.. I fear it all the time and you really need to tell your doctor whats happening to you.. Culd be gallbladder related, stomach related, could be chostochondritis ehich my husband has to the point he's landed in the ER more than once thinking he was having a heart attack and last year they put him through every heart test known to many including a Heart cath and his heart was fine turned out to be the chosto...
    Good Luck
    Robyn

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JustDave4now
    Lately I will be sitting there, sometimes talking to someone when out
    of the blue these nasty chest pains pop up, sometimes they are to the left of the heart, sometimes to the right, sometimes they burn and sometimes they hurt when I breath in. Often they are not the same.

Sometimes it pops up between my shoulderblades and othertimes its pain along my ribs. It hurts, sometimes I have to stop talking because of the discomfort. When this happens I often break out in a sweat, and think, what if this is a heart attack or something. But I know its not, my heart has been checked out at the docs. Its gotten worse since I have started the cats claw and I started the doxy yesterday, but umm not feeling better yet. Sometimes my heart speeds up a sec or misses a beat, or at least feels it.

I know my heart is okay, they just checked it, and it seems to be running fine.

Anyone else ever fear they were having a heart attack, I know it sounds silly but it feels like it...

Old 06-17-2005, 06:14 PM   #3
    AngelaA
    Senior Veteran

AngelaA HB User

No it's not silly to worry about such. It is good you are paying attention to your body. First of all, Lyme can cause some heart problems. I mentioned some heart symptoms to my LLMD and he said he thought it sounded more like a mitral valve prolapse instead of a Lyme associated problem.(which is a very common problem in people & most never know it) My friend also being treated for Lyme went to the cardiologist who told her he thinks alot of the sudden rapid beats and fluttering is the heart reacting to all the toxins caused by the spirchetes dying off. Her symptoms got worse after being on antibiotics and so have mine. I have two months to wait before I can see the cardiologist though. You might want to get into the dr or walk-in clinic and let them have a listen. I would suggest getting a cardiologist appt and I would think they would put a Holter monitor on you for a few days, so they can see what your heart is doing throughout the day. Chest pains can mean a lot of things from heart attacks, pericaditis and even mitral valve prolapse. My thyroid doc who has a high-end stethoscope checked my heart yesterday because I was having an episode and told me about the mitral valve causing chest pains. She also said to demand more than a echocardiagram as a 3-day Holter monitor would insure that the cardiologist knows everything that the heart is doing.

Last edited by AngelaA; 06-17-2005 at 06:20 PM.

Old 06-17-2005, 07:00 PM   #4
    debill
    Veteran
    (female)

debill HB User

I too have chest pain. Quite often actually. Mine comes with palpitations and sweating. It also moves around on me sometimes. Jumps back and forth all the time.

I had all the usual tests...stress test w/thallium, echo and presently I am wearing a memory loop heart monitor for 30 days. I just hit a little button when I get the pain and it records it and I ******** it through the phone to the clinic. I am sure it is just one of my many symptoms though.

Do get it checked out though. There are so many reasons for chest pain, most being non cardiac related at all.

It would ease your mind though to have a 3 day holter or a memory loop just to prove it to yourself so when it happens heart attack doesn't always pop into your mind. That's why I am doing it. When I first get the just pain it usually makes me really nervous and that makes it worse.

Good luck and I hope it goes away soon...Debbie

Old 06-17-2005, 08:00 PM   #5
    ticker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi Dave. I am glad your doctor is aware of this and that it has been checked out. Chest pain always needs to be taken seriously.

Lyme and Babesiosis can cause heart related symptoms. I am glad you have been tested for the co-infections.

Old 06-17-2005, 09:10 PM   #6
    ncgirl88
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ncgirl88 HB User

Hi JustDave4Now -

I was encouraged to hear about your appointment with the ID doctor...that is good.

I just wanted you to know that these chest pains were one of my first symptoms...I was rowing at the time so thought it was costochondritis...well then it was accompanied by shortness of breath....enough over a few months that I landed in the ER twice up your way...nothing was found...just thought I was an anxiety ridden freak...anyway...

once I treated for the Babesia it subsided but I still get bad chest pains when herxing on the abxs. Actually the last few days have been rough.

Hang in there...

NCgirl88

Old 06-18-2005, 04:31 AM   #7
    cjFTWORTH
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cjFTWORTH HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by debill
    Mine comes with palpitations and sweating. It also moves around. Jumps back and forth all the time.
    ..Debbie
    Debbie, do you mean it feels like your actual heart is moving around, jumping back and forth, or the pain???

Old 06-18-2005, 07:00 AM   #8
    debill
    Veteran
    (female)

debill HB User

Sorry Dave..I should have been more clear. I mean the pain jumps around. Goes from center of chest one time to the left or right the next.

I hope you get some answers and relief soon.

Feel better, Debbie

Old 06-22-2005, 03:36 AM   #9
    ricrokrol
    (male)

ricrokrol HB User

My chest pian which doctors are pretty sure is costo got alot worst after taken the antibotic Ciproxlea (took it for prostate infection) it warns you that it may cuase torn ligaments and tendons. I wonder if that antibotic made me feel much worst. I have had all the stress and echo and ekg tests along with blood work. I have never been tested for lymes oreven heard of babesiosis. if anyone can suggest some treatments and some suggestions of do's and don'ts I would appreciate it. I have a chiropractor appt Thursday. I also have heard of a treatment called prolotherapy is good for Costo , has anyone tried it. Thank you

Old 06-22-2005, 09:08 AM   #10
    ticker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi ricrokrol, welcome to the board!

Do you think you may have Lyme disease? Are your symptoms all heart related?

Old 06-22-2005, 11:34 AM   #11
    6Blues
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

I'm glad to hear folks mention the sudden rapid heart beats and the fluttering. Lately I've been noticing this on a daily basis.

Die you stupid spirochetes! Die! Die! Die!

Old 06-22-2005, 06:50 PM   #12
    AngelaA
    Senior Veteran

AngelaA HB User

Well I just ended up in the cardiologist's office from these [email protected]#n spirochetes. I had an appt schedule for August to check for the possiblity of the mitral valve prolapse. But Monday I started having the worst chest pains ever. I figure it is probably related to herxing, but I was in so much pain I was concerned it might be something else. I called the cardio office and was told to come in that afternoon. They did an EKG then sent me home with a Holter monitor. Tomorrow I have an Echo done. Meanwhile the dr wouldn't tell me anything about the test results yet. He knows I have Lyme and has about 5 other patients that have Lyme, so I am hoping I am in good hands. I've had enough of this being sick. I'm ready to get well real soon!!

Old 06-22-2005, 09:39 PM   #13
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear Angela,

Bummer! I hope it turns out to be just the lyme but better safe than sorry.
    Rest Rest Rest. I know it is scary when the heart acts up and you did the right thing. I'm starting to think we can't be too paranoid. Hope tomorrow is better.
    BDFM

Old 11-27-2007, 05:23 PM   #14
    starr143
    (female)

starr143 HB User
    Exclamation Re: You know, at Times I swear I am having a heart attack :(

Hey guys. I need help. Last week, I experienced chest pains. And I thought, Oh well this always happens. Must be heartburn. Because most of the time it is. But then, this time it lasted for like 30 minutes and being the hypochondriac that I was, I got scared. I thought I might be having a heart attack. But I survived that. But now, at this moment I am typing this... my left arm hurts. And I can't explain how it feels. It's not that bad. But I DON'T KNOW. I AM CONFUSED. I just checked my blood pressure and it's 133/68. I'll check it again but for now let's go with that. And the problem is, I don't have insurance yet. We just moved from another country and yea.

Last edited by starr143; 11-27-2007 at 07:24 PM.

Old 11-27-2007, 06:32 PM   #15
    ticker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi starr. You need to tell your parents what you are experiencing, including the blood pressure reading. You really need to see a doctor.

Let us know how you are doing okay?

Closed Thread