It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• anyone have info about detox baths or hydrotherapy?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-21-2005, 06:27 AM   #1
    Roman77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Roman77 HB User
    Question anyone have info about detox baths or hydrotherapy?

I have been reading, when able, on the internet about doing detox baths and hydrotherapy in order to help ease pain and the detox process. I guess from what I've seen I'm not really too clear on how or what to do....does anyone have any good sites that might help me or suggestions? Anything is better than the nothing I have. I've just been using baking soda in warm/hot water....heard that that is supposed to help??? Not too sure. Thanks in advance for the help.
    "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer." - Romans 12:12

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2005, 06:54 AM   #2
    gottagetbetter
    Veteran
    (female)

gottagetbetter HB User
    Re: anyone have info about detox baths or hydrotherapy?

romans12:12 ,

I only have a minute this morning but where I have found a lot of great info is in the "Beating Lyme disease with Alternative Medicine and God-designed Living". This is an awesome book.

Do a search through previous posts on "Detox baths" or Beating Lyme Disease. I will post later different detox baths that I rotate out. Also different forms of therapy to get your lymphatic system working.

Gotta go take care of DD that had wisdom teeth removed yesterday.

~P

Old 06-21-2005, 07:16 AM   #3
    Roman77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Roman77 HB User

Thanks so much for the great advice on the search! I found so much info and it has really cleared up a lot of the confusion. Hopefully I'll be able to try a few of the ideas soon and see if they help ease the pain a bit. And I definitely will look into that book, it seems like everyone has nothing but great things to say about it! Thanks again.

Good luck with DD and the missing teeth....that was not a fun journey for me a few years back! Hope all goes well and it's a quick recovery.
    "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer." - Romans 12:12

Old 06-21-2005, 12:30 PM   #4
    Roman77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Roman77 HB User

Oh I forgot....2 questions. One - for the baths; how long should they be for? 20 minutes and at any set temp or just as hot as you can stand? Secondly; about skin brushing....you do this dry, without water?...brushing using a regular loofa, a spongey looking bright colored mop of stuff from like Walmart or a natural sea sponge loofa? Oh and I guess another question...when skin brushing you brush towards your heart but for how long do you do this for? 10 minutes or what? Thanks for the help. I am very excited to start this...maybe I will feel a little better this week with these new ideas!

Old 06-21-2005, 07:21 PM   #5
    Roman77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Roman77 HB User

Ok I'm posting about this yet again...sorry but earlier today I actually did one of those detox baths (ginger/epsom/peroxide mix). And I'm wondering if I did it right? I did a skin brushing and then got in. I was only able to stay in the bath for a little less than 10 minutes before every organ in my body started to ache and hurt, not to mention feeling like my heart was going to explode. Although my skin was pretty red, like a normal hot bath after about 20 minutes after getting out all of my joints turned bright red/itched and felt like a Herx. I was soooo tired and drained, had tons of stabbing pains all over in my joints and a tremendous headache that rivals a migraine. I actually passed out on my bed and slept soundly for at least 2 hours. So is all of this normal for a detox bath? I've never done one before and just wanna make sure that I'm on the right track. Hope so cuz I wanna get as many of these toxins out as I can!

Old 06-22-2005, 09:20 AM   #6
    gottagetbetter
    Veteran
    (female)

gottagetbetter HB User

Romans12:12 ,

I'm sorry to just getting back with you. I don't like the way your symptoms are flaring up!

First, if you are skin brushing you really need to know what you are doing...I got a video on skin brushing the Gaither Way. You want to make sure you have a natural brissel brush(look at your health food store) definitely NOT walmart's.

You don't brush toward your heart. THere are different sections of the body that are brushed to certain lymph nodes. You would not want to brust the body all at your first time. I would start just with the neck..then add the arms, then the chest and back, then add the abdomen and glutes and then add the legs. It took me about a month to get to do the whole body. After several times I would add on another section.

Make sure with your baths you are rotating...epsom salt, hydrogen, ORGANIC ginger....Organic lemons.....sea salt and baking soda. I feel a huge difference if I miss a bath. I do one everyother day. I probably soak too long because I am normally dragging out of the tub(I lay in there for 1hr-2hrs) My quiet time. Make sure you also get a filter for your water(takes the chlorine out) very helpful!!

Hope you are feeling better today!!
    ~P

Old 06-22-2005, 10:20 AM   #7
    Roman77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Roman77 HB User

Thanks GGB! I'll try to find a book on brushing and start slow...I wasn't aware of that. I feel so awful today. Thought maybe the bath would help but I definitely feel like I'm having a herx reaction to it. But maybe in a few days I'll be able to try a different bath and see if I have a better reaction. The filters that you mention...was it very expensive to get them the first time? Are they permanent or what...I ahve never heard of being able to hook up a filter to my shower and such. could you fill me in?

Thanks for the continued help....it helps so much.

Old 06-22-2005, 01:10 PM   #8
    Roman77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Roman77 HB User

Just have been doing some more research on detox baths...has anyone heard of using apple vineagar in a bath? I was reading that it is supposed to be used with epsom salts and would help reduce the body's acidity...any thoughts?

Also just wanted to say that I am pretty itchy today as well...does that mean that the bath helped stimulate my cells and stuff? I guess that is the impression I am getting from the little bit I have read up on this.

Also GGB...I tried to search for water filters and am not really finding much...what brand do you use?

Thanks again.

Old 06-23-2005, 11:47 AM   #9
    Roman77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Roman77 HB User

Help GGB! What am I doing worng? I took that lemon bath today....th9inking it would make em feel better but after sitting in it for only about 8 minutes I felt like I was on fire, i was itching, i started feeling nauseous, and my headched strengthend about 15 times what it usually is. I have no idea why these make me feel so rotten. Like you suggeste dearlier i didn't do a full skin brush, only my neck. What is wrong with me and these bahs? Any ideas? I am too weak and sick to type more of the questions i want to ask. Gotta go sleep. Hope you have some insight GGB...thanks in advance.

Old 06-23-2005, 09:12 PM   #10
    gottagetbetter
    Veteran
    (female)

gottagetbetter HB User

Romans12:12 ,

First, did you get the natural brush?

If you are having this much of a reaction I would skip the skin brushing. When you are skin brushing you are releasing toxins. A lot of times are bodies are too full and then you have an overload.

I would just stick to the baths. Drink plenty of water while you are in the tub and then after.

How hot is the water??? I would keep to just nice and warm and then you can add hotter water. You want to make sure you are not getting the water too hot and then it messes with the blood pressure and you drag out and feel exhausted.

Again, are you using ORGANIC ginger and lemons??? This is a MUST!! Otherwise don't add them.

On the filters I purchased them from my water store. I have a shower filter and then I have a bath ball for baths. It really does help. Takes all the chlorine out. I think they were about $30 a piece.

I haven't heard about the apple cider vinegar in the bathtub. I would imagine that would burn. I have heard of people actually ingesting it but I have never gone there. My chiro recommends to gargle with it when you have a sore throat.

I know for me personally, I could not function as well as I do without the baths. Make sure though that you get really good instructions on the skin brushing!!
    ~P

Old 06-23-2005, 09:52 PM   #11
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear Romans,

I just wanted to chime in and say I had the same problem. I decided at one point in time to do the baths every night. What a mistake.

I don't know if it was because the water was too hot or the toxins were just running around screaming in my body or what but I had to literally drag myself out of the tub. In fact I got to the point I wouldn't take the baths unless dear old hubby was here in case I couldn't get out of the tub. This did happen once.

It really freaks him out because after a detox bath I kind of walk into the living room like Tim Conway. After a while I'm okay again. At first I thought it was the heat but it really didn't matter sometimes whether it was hot or just warm. I still think we need the baths when we can tolerate them though. I have even taken some at 104 degrees to stir things up because I read you should do that right after taking meds because the heat will force the bacteria from their hiding place and the meds can work better. Now the baths don't bother me nearly as much because I hopoefully have gotten rid of some of the overload.

We have a resident "lymie" named takemylife who is doing so well now and he said you just have to pay attention to your body because even though the baths are necessary it will do you no good if you drag your body down so much that the lyme can take hold even more. You just do what you can.
    I hope this makes sense and you realize that we all have had some of these problems ourselves. Some people feel fabulous after a detox bath and others are wiped out. It will get better though.

Bdfm

Old 06-24-2005, 05:55 AM   #12
    Roman77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Roman77 HB User

First of all thank you both GGB/BD4M....I swear I wasn trying to be like the little red hen "the sky is falling!!" but boy did I feel like it. But now I feel sooo much better knowing that what I've experienced going through with the baths is ok and just means it's working! Whew....I will try to do them every so often when I feel strong enough and maybe I will get to the point where they actually feel good. Time, time, time...eveything with Lymes takes time! Doh!!

Thanks for all the support and direction aobut this all...I definitely found a good brush and will skip it for now until my body can handle the baths onlne. And I will stick to the water temp I've been using (pretty standard temp I've always used to relax in when i was healthy), and when my mom comes to visit today maybe I'll talk her into going down to the water place and getting some of the filters as well. And since I found out about having my lymes back again everything I eat, drink, and now bathe in has been organic and will stay that way - no worries GGB! Organic all the way!

I guess I am happy to know that these baths are stirring things up an making it harder for the little germies in there that have been besieging my body. If I can't do what I want anymore than I'm sure as h*** going to make it uncomfortable for them as well!! Thanks again you guys....I'm so glad I found this board! It feels like a second home here, where everyone understands and you don't have to explain anymore until you're blue in the face!

Old 07-28-2005, 08:52 AM   #13
    chocolatesprinkle
    (female)

chocolatesprinkle HB User

Hi all

I did a search about this, and am bringing the post back up front. I'm thinking I'm going to concentrate on detoxing. Focus. Trying to watch what I put on my skin (shampoos, soaps, lotions), found some good organic products. Stopped using tap water, stopped drinking tea - both done mostly after reading up on fluoride content in both and how fluoride can affect the thyroid (with this alone, my GI tract has been acting up like crazy, and I've purged a lot from that end in the past week, interesting!) I'm in post migraine zone right now so I can't tell you I feel terrific! But the experiment continues.

I noticed almost 2 weeks ago a swollen lymph node under the armpit. Read up a little bit on this, and I'm not pushing the panic button yet. It could be anything, yes, including cancer. I'm assuming this one node is just clogged with stuff. (Will tell my LLMD about it when I see her in two weeks.) I was also reading that the symptoms of a clogged lymph system are many of the symptoms we have. Interesting!

And so, detox ho!

Questions:

Detox bath. A couple of concerns. I did a Google search for detox baths and read that you shouldn't use the H202 bottles you can pick up in any store, 'cause they have a bunch of other toxic compounds that help stabilize the H202. That you should buy food grade H202 - which is a 35% solution - and then make up your own solution of 3%. Can anybody comment on this?

Also, I have a filter on my shower, but need to find something for the tap in the tub (or I think I saw someone mention a bath ball filter???). Any thoughts?

It's been hotter than you know what in the NE, and taking a bath was not something I would have wanted to do. We have a break in the weather right now, thank goodness!

Thanks everyone!

chocolatesprinkle

Old 07-28-2005, 04:41 PM   #14
    gottagetbetter
    Veteran
    (female)

gottagetbetter HB User

Chocolatesprinkle ,

The filters I have I bought at the local water store. I have a crystal ball that has a string attached for the bath. Of course I tossed the box and can't remember the brand name. This had made a huge difference for me. Bu tI can't even swim in the pool because my legs hurt from the chlorine.

I haven't heard about not using the regular 3% grade of hydrogen..will have to do some research myself. Thanks for sharing.

Detox is a huge part of our healing. I truly believe the main reason we have gotten ill is due to being toxic. As you read in this post earlier EVERYTHING we put on our bodies is absorbed into our skin. Get in touch with the labels and do your research. It's a huge part in recovery.

I have been very proactive with my detox so if you have any questions feel free to ask or look at some of my previous posts on detox. Also I have been refering people to a book called "Beating Lyme Disease with Alternative Medicine and God-designed Living" by Dr Jernigan. This has played a huge role in understanding how this disease works and how to get better.

~P

Old 07-28-2005, 07:37 PM   #15
    chocolatesprinkle
    (female)

chocolatesprinkle HB User

Hi GGB

Thanks for the connection re detox. Sometimes light bulbs go off over my head, and this one seems to be going off repeatedly. I'm thinking I can't even contemplate doing anything else until I focus on clearing the channels.

So many posts I want to read, and I may have read some of yours already. (I need to go back, I need more time, I need . . . ) Got keyed in here on some organic product and I am quite satisfied with it. Don't know if that was you or not. But whoever it was, thank you.

I did get Dr. J's book and I'm about halfway through it. Boggles the mind. But like a good read, I am savoring it. I'll read a few pages and have to put the book down and contemplate what I just read. I think I'm going to have to read and re-read the book to really get the whole thing. Amazing stuff I'm thinking. Amazing stuff.

Trying to capture all this is like doing research for a PhD thesis. No, it's probably more work than that.

Chocolatesprinkle

Closed Thread