It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• know about normal vision changes with lyme ~ but does anyone have this too?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-30-2005, 07:56 AM   #1
    Roman77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Roman77 HB User
    Question know about normal vision changes with lyme ~ but does anyone have this too?

Sorry this is kinda long....but this is weird. Just a catch up for some...the onset of my relapse into lyme was in my eyese first....boutghts of pink eye for months, then one morning woke up and was mostly blind in both eyes. I have since been told that that was a bought of optic neuritis. i have somewhat regained my vision in both eyes...but yet there are like most of you have; the constant floaters, auras, after images remain for longer than a few minutes, jiggly vision field, grainy feelings, aching "somethings in my eye", dry burning eyes, perperial vision is non existant, light sensitive to the extreme of having to wear sunglasses sometimes in my house, double images, difficult to focus on close things or make objects seem as one piece, decrease night vision...it comes with the territroy...i'm accepting it for now.

But I am concerned about this new thing that has started in the past 2 weeks...very gradually so that i didn't really notice it building until yesterday. Sneaky like.

I have been seeing white bright spots. they come and go and i have yet to figure out a pattern to them. I see them when my eyes are open, but more often when my eyes are closed or the room is dark. It's like seeing a small white tunnel...weird to try to explain. It's small and usually seems to be in the same spot in my vision. Always seems to be in the right center of my field of vision. It blocks my vision in that area temporarily. I guess I am worrid that this is something brought on by my herxs and my doxy. From what I've read on previous threads it seems par for the course that the vision gets worse for a bit with the treatment. I just am wondering if this is something I should be concerned about?

I noticed these happening more often lately and my normal headache has grown to a big monster that is constantly sitting on my head for the past few days as well. Just think it's odd that when my headache was at it's worst, that's when my vision started going before I knew I had lyme still. Any thoughts?
    "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer." - Romans 12:12

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2005, 01:12 PM   #2
    Roman77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Roman77 HB User
    Re: know about normal vision changes with lyme ~ but does anyone have this too?

Ok...guess I am being weird or paranoid. Or maybe the doxy is just messing with my eyes and now that I'm going off it maybe it will go away. Guess I'll just chalk it up to another mystery of lyme.
    "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer." - Romans 12:12

Old 07-02-2005, 04:26 AM   #3
    ncgirl88
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ncgirl88 HB User

I have a lot of weird eyesight issues too Romans. I used to get an aura with a migraine where I would lose my periferel vision completely for awhile and then it would come back. I also get tons of floaters sometimes and my eyes do not adjust to light well at all. I will turn out the light and go to bed and see that light for a half an hour before it is gone.

Also flying lights coming at me sometimes...weirdness.

I have also had the conjunctivitis like stuff when herxing and it was worse when I had my worst floaters then went back on antibiotics after my break...I swear it was the little buggers being killed off.

I bet it is all part of the herx and something you just have to get through but I would call your doctor and talk it over...

Take care and hope your vision clears up soon...

Old 07-02-2005, 06:45 AM   #4
    Roman77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Roman77 HB User

Thanks again ncgirl!! It's just so weird how this lymes works so differently in all of us, yet sometimes the same. Weird. I know it's not possible but sometimes when I'm looking I think I can see the keets swimming in my eyes....probably they are just weirdly shaped little floaters, but it kinda freaks me out sometimes!

Old 07-02-2005, 10:23 AM   #5
    ncgirl88
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ncgirl88 HB User

I had that 3 weeks ago. I was laying in a hammock and the sun was shining in my eyes and I swear it looked just like the pictures I have seen of the keets. I was so upset. Went back on abxs after the 2 week break I took - had what felt and looked like conjunctivitis in the eye that had all the swimmys for two days - then they all disappeared. So darn strange!

Closed Thread