It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Question about Igenex...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-06-2005, 06:24 PM   #1
    schao
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

schao HB User
    Question about Igenex...

I called Igenex and they were very helpful on what tests I should have done. I ordered those and got my little kit in the mail. Now, im trying to convince my doctor to sign the form so I can go get my blood drawn. Where do I go to get that done...at a hospital? Do I just go in and tell them what I need and they will do it? Do I take my blood sample with me and send it back to Igenex? How does all of this work? I dont want to look stupid when I go and ask for this. any help greatly appreciated!

schao

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2005, 07:44 PM   #2
    debill
    Veteran
    (female)

debill HB User
    Re: Question about Igenex...

Hi Schao,

I just got done with my testing for Igenx today.

I printed the test request form from Igenex web site. I also printed off the pages that list all of the different tests. That page tells the lab how they need samples collected, what tubes to put them in and how to store.

My neuro wrote me a prescription with the different tests listed on it and also signed the test request form page.

I checked with the larger hospitals in my area to see if anyone had ever sent samples to Igenex before. Only one had. I spoke to the supervisor there and she told me to bring all of the instructions from Igenex. They drew my samples and sent them along with the doctor prescription, signed test request form, and the lab form saying how the specimen was collected and stored. They also had to include my check to Igenex for the testing. You can either send a check or have them charge a credit card. Igenex gave me the exact pricing. Just to verify what tubes the samples needed to go into I called Igenex again and made sure the web site was correct.

I also had my neuro write on the prescription the results are to be sent to his office and directly to me. The lab that drew it had me sign another paper to be sent to Igenex just to make sure that I got results too.

The lab should know how to ship it. I send specimens out from my job every day and we have a protocal to follow. I am sure most labs do.

I found Dr.Harris and the staff at Igenex really helpful also. I hope you get the answers your looking for.

Is your doctor willing to sign the form?

Good luck,

Debbie

Old 07-07-2005, 01:21 PM   #3
    deejavu
    Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi Schao,

I find it very sad that you have to try to "convince" your doctor to sign the IgeniX forms. You are paying for the tests so what is your doctor afraid of?

If your doctor won't sign them, I would find another doctor who understands more about Lyme Disease.

Good luck and keep us posted,
    Denise

Old 07-07-2005, 06:09 PM   #4
    schao
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

schao HB User

Hi debill and deejavu--

It sure is ridiculous that I have to convince my doc to sign the forms. My husband talked to her medical assitant today and she said that the doctor doesnt feel comfortable signing the forms b/c its not here area of expertise. I dont think she quite understands what the form is for---I'm going to call her and explain it to her better--its not that big of a deal. And the thing is my doctor is normally very good and she knows how long I have been feeling awful--I think she'll come around eventually. The thing is also is that I live in Arizona, and all though I know you can get lymes anywhere--not all doctors believe that. I lived in Ga for 10 years, and i know it is prevalent there.
    Thanks for your information debill--it helps me understand how it works now!

schao

Old 07-07-2005, 07:11 PM   #5
    Joe Ham
    (male)

Joe Ham HB User

schao,

If your doc balks you may have to start "thinking outside the box."
    How far from Mexico are you? etc...

Joe

Last edited by Joe Ham; 07-07-2005 at 07:13 PM.

Old 07-07-2005, 09:22 PM   #6
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear schao,

You might want to pull up HR 2526. It is a bill that a rep from New Hampshire is trying to pass in order to get funding for lyme research. I would carry it with me to any doctor because it clearly states the testing stinks and lyme is in 49 states plus some other interesting info. I hope Ms. Kelly can get this passed. Maybe then the doctors won't be so afraid to say you have lyme. Good luck and let us know how you make out.
    Betterdaysforme

Closed Thread