It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• only sweats in deep sleep

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-15-2005, 09:02 PM   #1
    Radha21
    (female)

Radha21 HB User
    only sweats in deep sleep

do those of you who get night sweats and chills only get them when you are in deep sleep or if you are awake? i only get them when i am in deep sleep whether taking a nap or at night, it happens every night, and i feel so terrible when i wake up, and i am not taking any antibiotics! even the smallest dose of abx will make the sweats worse, i wonder why this only happens in sleep, thanks for any input,
    radha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2005, 11:29 PM   #2
    6Blues
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
    Re: only sweats in deep sleep

Hi Radha21.

My body has turned into something weird. I used to perspire when I exercised hard, of course, but I would sweat like a normal person would.

Well, tonight I was walking out of the grocery store and I jogged a few feet to dodge a car. I immediately began to sweat as if I was competing with Lance Armstrong in the Tour De France!!

Pre-Lyme I used to be a dancer and dance teacher (ballroom, club, country). 3 times in the past year I felt well enough to give it a try and after 5 minutes of dancing I would perspire so bad that my clothes soaked and I was embarrassed enough to go back home.

I sweat while I sleep and I find it disturbing.

I also noticed that when I am herx'ing (during which I'm running a fever) the sweats are bad enough to wake me up once or twice a night.

I hope you find relief. Peace and health to you.

Last edited by 6Blues; 07-15-2005 at 11:35 PM.

Old 07-16-2005, 07:41 AM   #3
    ticker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
    Re: only sweats in deep sleep

Hi Radha21, welcome to the board!

Do you have Lyme disease? Have you been tested for the co-infections that ticks can transmit--Babesiosis, Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Bartonella, and Mycoplasma? Many people who have Lyme are co-infected. Night sweats can be a big symptom of Babesiosis.

Closed Thread