It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• What on earth are platelet clumps?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-20-2005, 08:11 PM   #1
    6Blues
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
    What on earth are platelet clumps?

For the past year, my blood tests have shown platelet clumps. None of the docs said anything so I assumed it wasn't a worry.

I brought it to the attention of my LLMD and she said that it's not rare for Lyme patients to have clumpy platelets.

To help remedy this situation, I take Bromelain. I've never heard of this before; it's not a prescription, it's an enzyme.

The LLLMD took my blood so that we'll have a before-and-after Bromelain snapshot.

Has anyone ever heard of clumpy platelets?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2005, 12:46 PM   #2
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User
    Re: What on earth are platelet clumps?

Dear 6blues,

I don't know if this is the same or not but shaynesmom wrote in and said her doctor said that lyme patients tend to have thick blood. The reason the thread caught my eye is because she said she takes natokinasse for it and my homeopathic had me on this because he thought there might be a clot or something like that somewhere. I bet it is the thick blood not a clot. I don't know about these magnets of his but they sure end up with the same diagnoses as some of the more expensive traditional tests. You'll have to check with your doctor to see if this is the same thing.
    BDFM

Closed Thread