It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Have had Lyme and Babesia since 2003....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-24-2005, 05:33 AM   #1
    ncgirl88
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ncgirl88 HB User
    Have had Lyme and Babesia since 2003....

Well I found out after getting my records from my MA doctors that what I was suffering with back in February 2003 was Lyme and Babesia I know now from reading the symptomology.

I have a new cardiologist so I requested all my testing.

The notes from the cardiologists office and pulmonologist's office up there were so telling. I had complained about a band like feeling around my chest, unable to catch my breath, and severe chest pain.

My LLMD had told me in the past these band like feelings around extremities are so commonly reported to her by all of her Lyme patients at the clinic.

I also complained of hair loss, insomnia, weight loss, anxiety, fatigue, etc... I don't remember any of these complaints...it was so good to see them written down.

As well, the pulmonologist wrote two letters back to the cardiologist in MA. He said that I had desaturation on my breathing and stress tests he conducted. Desaturation is a result of the muscles in the chest wall not expanding enough and being weakened by a musculoskeletal issue...hmm...but he believed this is a matter of the machine blipping. They conducted two stress tests and it only appeared in one of them so he wrote it off...

Then I report during testing and followup with the pulmonologist that I had developed a UTI and had been treated with an antibiotic and all the chest pain and shortness of breath went away...so he rights in his report to cardiologist that he thinks that this was pericarditis (inflammation of the heart)...he had never mentioned this to me...

OK, I am not a doctor but if I had looked at the band like feeling around the chest, the pain, the shortness of breath and then the fact that antibiotics stopped the symptomology and that this was a young, healthy person that lived in Massachusetts oh and who also got terrible migraines...I would have tested her for Lyme and Babesia...Good grief!!!

Anyway, this was six months before going to Nantucket...so I probably was reinfected there when I had double vision...

It now explains why my herxs were so debilitating and sent me to the ER with migraines like strokes....all so clear now.

I will be getting into my letter writing campaign soon. I loved my cardiologist's office but they need to be more aware. Interesting that my cardiologist moved to Vermont after I left MA to do research...wonder what kind. I would like to get in touch with him about this.

Anyway, off to get ready to face the day...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2005, 12:54 PM   #2
    cjFTWORTH
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cjFTWORTH HB User
    Re: Have had Lyme and Babesia since 2003....

i just emailed your post to myself for possible use with cardiologist if i don't chicken out... i would have to find a tactful way to bring it up...
    unless something changes, i will be going to cardio before seeing new llmd and i'm so leary as to whethe or not i'm wasting my money with cardio... will they be able to accurately find out what is going on with heart...

last month, i hadn't a clue what it was with the bad heart irregularities but now, left with chest pain off and on, mostly assoc. with breathing, intermittent wheezing, constant shortness of breath, no appetite, light-headedness, headaches... i know something is highly abnormal that i don't think is your run of the mill 'irregular heart beat', nothing to it... i still have skips, and times where beat re-starts but it is much less a problem than it was a month ago... do cardiologists refer you to pulmonologist's???

sorry YOU had to go thru this mess... i dream about the beach...

Old 08-26-2005, 03:04 PM   #3
    deejavu
    Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi NCGirl,

After reading your post, it makes me wonder if I was infected many years ago because I lost complete vision in my left eye (I am still partially blind). The doctors never knew what caused my blindness to this day, I was a mystery case.

I have always been around wooded areas all my life, and now I am wondering if I was infected a long time ago and the symptoms came out when my work life became too stressful or when I got rebit and got the rash.

I think that's great that you are writing letters, I already wrote a lengthy letter but I didn't mail it yet. I have many addresses that I want to mail my letter too, but something is stopping me. I keep editing it, and adding more information so I guess the bottom line is I feel that it has to be perfect. Darn, I am going to read it one more time and print it out.

Anyway, it sounds to me like you were infected in 2003 as the signs were there.

Go send your letters and don't forget to send one to your Cardiologist in VT!
    Denise

Old 08-27-2005, 06:35 AM   #4
    ncgirl88
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ncgirl88 HB User

I now see I posted this twice. Before vacation I was running around like a maniac and everything was a blur...

I think I am just so amazed that I have some answers about when this all started that I am in shock...

or it is just lyme fog...

Don't chicken out CJFTworth...you may be the first that brings up Lyme but the more of us that talk about it the more consciousness' will be risen.

Denise, I am sorry about your left eye. I would suspect Lyme. I remember when I was first sick and they were all still stabbing in the dark for a diagnosis one of my doctors prescribed Valtrex...I never took it after reading your post. I wonder if Valtrex and Lyme do not go together. Lyme can cause loss of vision though...

I pray that one day you wake up and your vision is back in that eye completely

Take care
    NCgirl88

Old 08-27-2005, 09:23 AM   #5
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear ncgirl,

I don't think Denise had a problem with valtrex, it was me. Two valtrex and it all went downhill from there. First the loss of vision in the left eye, which has gotten better to a degree, and then all those d*** steroids to correct the eye problem. Of course it was the lowering of the immune system by the valtrex that started it so no telling how much damage all those steroids did. I no longer just take what I am told to take. I ask questions.
    Hope you are having a good weekend. I am going to start a thread about that Healing Lyme book. I have done some investigating on some of the stuff recommended and am somewhat confused. Maybe today or tomorrow.
    BDFM (Maureen)

Old 08-27-2005, 11:43 AM   #6
    ncgirl88
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ncgirl88 HB User

Ah - sorry BetterDays - I got you mixed up for a moment...

I have to sit down sometime and get my list together for herbs...don't know that I will be able to afford buying them right now but I really want to try them.

I will look for your Q&A since I will probably have some questions too once I get down to putting a shopping list together.

Take care and I hope you are having a good weekend too!

-NCgirl88

Old 08-27-2005, 01:34 PM   #7
    deejavu
    Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi NCGirl,

As far as my blind eye, eventually I was told that my retina died, but thanks to technology, they are taking a cell from the "good eye" and growing retina's to replace in the "bad eye". I really don't mind being blind as I do see everything through my right eye. For some reason, I can see peripherally through my blind eye, maybe all the poisitive thinking. Thanks for your prayers!!

I am also going to buy this book that you mentioned as it does sound fascinating and I love to keep learning!

Glad you had a great vacation, I also love the beach and being in the water (I am addicted to the oceans, especially the Bahamas!)

Have a great weekend!
    Denise

Old 08-28-2005, 11:28 AM   #8
    ncgirl88
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ncgirl88 HB User

Hey Denise...

Well that is very cool that they are growing retina cells...WOW!!!

You know I have been thinking a lot about my GrandDad who was diagnosed with Fuch's distrophy (I think that is how it is spelled) Anyway he started losing his vision at age 42 and became very depressed by it. This was a man who walked every day and moderation was his motto with everything. He was such a soulful man. I loved him so.

I keep thinking about his strokes and issues...he died when he was 72. You all tell me about your eye issues and I think of my GrandDad. We lived in a place that had Forest in the name...it was all wooded...

My Grandmother lived until 90 but took a nap every afternoon everyday and was sluggish. She also had thyroid issues...

Just makes my brain go with questions...

Anyway I am glad that you have hope of regaining your sight in that eye...I will say my prayers for you!!!! And BDFM!!!

Have a great Sunday

Closed Thread